turbo lag and variation
09-06-2017, (Subject: turbo lag and variation ) 
RE: turbo lag and variation
Thanks Roz... I will be the first to admit the reason we are so picky after getting many ass chewing by you It has taught me many lessons about being above the next guy. Many times you ask me what makes you different if you do the same quality of work as the next guy. So thanks for being that Hard ass....

As far as remote tuning if you find a shop that knows engines on their side working with guys like Unilevers and Gearhead is no problem they both work with us remotely on those engines like detroit that we do not already do in house ourselves. I give them feed back as to what the truck is doing and check that every system is good in the beginning. When the job is done, I do a THOROUGH test drive and get a feel of the truck and what its doing. We also do pyro and boost gauges on every one so we all know where its at. Most of the time it is right on. However, there has been a few times that more fine tuning is required on particular model trucks or to compensate for age/variation. With that being said as long as the shop is on the same page as the tuner its a match made in heaven so to speak...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , PuroCumminsPower , DDB , carco
(09-06-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Thanks Roz... I will be the first to admit the reason we are so picky after getting many ass chewing by you It has taught me many lessons about being above the next guy. Many times you ask me what makes you different if you do the same quality of work as the next guy. So thanks for being that Hard ass....

As far as remote tuning if you find a shop that knows engines on their side working with guys like Unilevers and Gearhead is no problem they both work with us remotely on those engines like detroit that we do not already do in house ourselves. I give them feed back as to what the truck is doing and check that every system is good in the beginning. When the job is done, I do a THOROUGH test drive and get a feel of the truck and what its doing. We also do pyro and boost gauges on every one so we all know where its at. Most of the time it is right on. However, there has been a few times that more fine tuning is required on particular model trucks or to compensate for age/variation. With that being said as long as the shop is on the same page as the tuner its a match made in heaven so to speak...
This is only way I would recommend to do mandate. I don't know how f..n tuner can fix the truck never test driving her or hear how she is rattling. Most drivers think the problem is in ECM never pay attention to the engine itself.
Good job Haggai.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Wow guys, I'm getting a lot of info. I do not have a pyro on this truck but have ordered one that I will be mounting externally the manifold. Also have ordered the inline 5 reader. The boost gauge is the factory one. As far as all the sensors how do I know what is functioning properly and what isn't. Will the "reader" help me to know? I live on the west coast so getting to those shops will be very difficult as I run within a 500 mile radius of Portland, OR. Also I understand you guys saying 450 hp is enough but I am licensed for 105,500 lbs and haul that kind of weight on a daily basis. and we run mountains every day also.

On the coolant issue. I do lose a little coolant. I probably add about a pint every week or week and a half. The sensor is very picky and gives me the low coolant light and buzzer if it drops very much. It seems to push it out the radiator cap as every time I open the hood there is a little bit of coolant moisure on the surge tank around the cap and I can smell it. I had a mechanic here check into it and he says there are no problems that he can tell. He just thinks it is a cap problem. These trucks have a plastic surge cap and the threads do get bad on them. I have heard others talk about this problem also. But that being said, I am not going to say there isn't a bigger issue going on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
09-07-2017, (Subject: turbo lag and variation ) 
You can try a new cap on the coolant bottle, but I can tell you from experience you may have a head issue. If it is to the point of puking coolant, odds are it won't be long. Mine was so bad it actually blew apart my radiator. I replaced that and then the hoses started to blow. When I finally got her in for the in frame, I had coolant shooting two to three feet into the air out of the coolant bottle. All of this happened in a matter of a few weeks. Just saying... One thing you can check to is your air compressor. Sometimes they will have a bad check valve or other failure that will push air into you motor. There are a couple of ways to test this, but I think it is the head.

You can go to NAPA and get one of their block test kits, some poo poo them hear, but it diagnosed my head in like ten seconds. https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7001006
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
11-01-2017, (Subject: turbo lag and variation ) 
Another bad delete from Harrisonburg, VA ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid20110

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-07-2018, (Subject: turbo lag and variation ) 
Another victim of the bad delete club. Sad to see it ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid22064

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-08-2019, (Subject: turbo lag and variation ) 
Rawze, Question, do you recall if you have run into any bad de-mandate projects from the Cincinnati area, Fairfield, West Chester, Norwood, N. Ky. area??? If so ,,,,
Thank you.
Bob
replyreply
(09-06-2017 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Thanks Roz... I will be the first to admit the reason we are so picky after getting many ass chewing by you It has taught me many lessons about being above the next guy. Many times you ask me what makes you different if you do the same quality of work as the next guy. So thanks for being that Hard ass....

I just went down to Mr. Haggs a few weeks ago and got work done. I would recommend to anyone. Was looking for Rawze to come by but didn't get a chance to meet him. Also, didn't get a chance to thank you Mr. Hagg because you were gone when I made it back but thanks for everything
replyreply
(09-08-2019 )carco Wrote:  Rawze, Question, do you recall if you have run into any bad de-mandate projects from the Cincinnati area, Fairfield, West Chester, Norwood, N. Ky. area??? If so ,,,,
Thank you.
Bob

One thing that people don’t realize is that these other tuners not affiliated here are complete predators. They don’t actually know what they are doing. They just stole a tune from someone else. Put it in your truck and call in good. Next victim. If I had a tune done by someone other than one of the guys here I would absolutely be scared shitless that was was gonna spend 40k because that tune is likely ruining your engine. Not just needing a normal inframe. I’m talking needing a new block and all. I’ve seen two of them that the block was ruined and I’m just a guy helping buddies that have been a victim of this other crap tune club. I tried to tell them they were f^cking up when they had some other guys do the tuning job for them. They wouldn’t listen. Then like “Oh now my head gasket is blown well I guess I’ll inframe it.” $30k later and about 30k miles later. “What I’m loosing water again. Well I guess I’ll pull the head.” After measuring the liner heights. Looks like we’re pulling liners and In framing again. At this point my buddy is 60k into this engine in less than a year. He’s starting to listen. He can’t believe this other tuner sucks this bad. Then I show him this. (Pics bellow. Zoom in on it. You can see vertical lines. This is from excessive timing and to much boost which = massive cylinder pressure. Expanding and ringing the liner.) that’s the top of the block where the liner presses in. It don’t press anymore. It falls in. An pull liners in and out by hand. To fix this right it need a new block. Who can afford this kind of calamity. The gurus on this site are for real. People need to listen if they want to stay in business.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.