Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird
11-15-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird
(08-08-2019 )Brock Wrote:  If you have a inline adapter or neqix then download service ranger, its amazing for diagnostics on them auto shifts.

Yes I have service ranger. Just recently got it. Very nice program
replyreply
11-15-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(08-08-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/forms/veh...group.html

may want to contact eaton.

Thank you. Thank you for the link. I didn't think of this.

I made contact with them. Shall wait and see what the future holds
replyreply
11-16-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(07-20-2019 )Satch Wrote:  As of now, I get code 88. The other day I had a transmission fault code at the traffic light. It wouldn't do anything until I disconnected batteries and waited a few minutes. I believe they were 17 and 34. I'll double check.

She drove fine today. But you kinda have to drive it line a 13 speed. One has to let off the throttle during gear switching. Not let rpm go lower than 1200to 1300.

Does the xy shifter need to be calibrated after install?

17 is start enable relay, if you turn the truck off it won't start. 34 is low voltage, 88 is no codes. The ultra shift can be a real pain. But if you keep your battery connections and your grounds clean it works a lot better. I have learned so much about mine. I even ran a separate ground from the tail shaft to the battery to help. Also discount the battery now and then to reset the computer. They will start acting funny because it tends to get cluttered for say. I know it works. Not much mine hasn't done so I have tought myself about it. I do like it because I have trouble with my left knee. I don't run my truck hard and start out slow so it suits me fine.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201911/post_3207_1573882309_e893b1546b42fc6abdb53ad71adf176d.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Satch , mikealike
11-16-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
./uploads/201911/post_3207_1573882504_fdcdd888a9e3cc9e53a21a851d74d411.png
Hope this helps.
replyreply
11-26-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
I have found that info very useful. Thank you. Well today as with many days the transmission acted up again to the point where it stayed stuck in 6th gear abs wouldn't come out. I coasted into rush truck center and asked if they could check it while it had duplicated the problem. I refuse to set tractor brakes (I set trailer brakes instead) in case it cleared it. The tech shut it off after reading codes and it wouldn't start because it was still in gear. The tech then proceeded to trick the drive shaft and wait a few minutes. It started.

Upon looking at service range, we noticed it had a calibration for shift points associated with a x15. My truck has an isx.

We changed that, and that seems to make shift point crisper (possibly placebo effect).

Right now the prognosis is the wire harness due to much corrosion. X-y shifter shifter is not recommended at this moment.

Its out of warranty by 3 months according to dealer. I'll call eaton tomorrow and see if anything can be done.

Code 51,73,13,74
replyreply
I just had a clutch replaced on an automated tranny under warranty apparently Eaton had a problem in manufacturing for 1 1/2 years the trans had no codes for 2 years but had an occasional shifting problems then one day threw fault codes and would not go faster than about 20 MPH. my truck was manufactured 10/18 so there was a record that it was within the serial number range for the problem but if you had a clutch installed there is no recall notice that I know of but ask questions and maybe somebody will man up. The problem as I understand it is the fingers on clutch bend and break.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Satch
(08-08-2019 )Brock Wrote:  If you have a inline adapter or neqix then download service ranger, its amazing for diagnostics on them auto shifts.

Interesting. I'll be sure to inquire about this. I'm playing the wait game now.
replyreply
11-30-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(11-26-2019 )Satch Wrote:  I have found that info very useful. Thank you. Well today as with many days the transmission acted up again to the point where it stayed stuck in 6th gear abs wouldn't come out. I coasted into rush truck center and asked if they could check it while it had duplicated the problem. I refuse to set tractor brakes (I set trailer brakes instead) in case it cleared it. The tech shut it off after reading codes and it wouldn't start because it was still in gear. The tech then proceeded to trick the drive shaft and wait a few minutes. It started.

Upon looking at service range, we noticed it had a calibration for shift points associated with a x15. My truck has an isx.

We changed that, and that seems to make shift point crisper (possibly placebo effect).

Right now the prognosis is the wire harness due to much corrosion. X-y shifter shifter is not recommended at this moment.

Its out of warranty by 3 months according to dealer. I'll call eaton tomorrow and see if anything can be done.

Code 51,73,13,74

I learned the hard way with corrosion and my Ultra Shift. The plug on the computer was corroded and burnt the computer up. Replaced the harness and computer, high dollar. Best thing with the Ultra shift is keeping the grounds and battery terminals clean. Unplug all the plugs and put that electrical grease on them. Just be careful not to bend the prongs when putting them together. If you have you really need to learn it so you don't get ripped off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , JMBT
12-01-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
Exactly what Ricky said!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.