EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
01-04-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(01-04-2020 )Magard Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  hi there,
im new to rawze's page but it comes highly recommended all over the place. i do have diesel mechanic background although not certified. most of my experience is pickups and such but still learning my way through the software part of the bigger stuff, i am a fast learner and really want to learn to go about things the proper way and i seen someone post on the forum you might be able to help me out...

the problem...

i have an 07 379 ex that came with a cm870, but it had a previous motor swap that seems a little strange to me.
You say egr removed and block off plates. Is there a water bypass tube put on in its place. Are you trying to cook the back of the engine?

Its an 870. the 870 (only) can get away cooler plated off, though I don't like to see it. - even state police these days will fine the f#$k out of you out in texas if they see it .. I'd say leave put it back on just to make it all look stock if nothing else.

mikeyjtrans,
BTWE: your problems have already been explained to you here ( http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid48435 ) -- what you describe sounds exactly like the problem with dumping in programs and not editing the ram memory properly. That or the program was corrupted by CT (or some other software)itself. - IT IS THE MOST COMMON THING that 870's do! -- THE 870 is the only version of the ISX that has this problem.. they changed and fixed these things it in all later isx versions!.

-- NO, no one on here is going to tell you the exact 'push this button and set this param to X'. NOT because they want to hide it,. IT IS NO SECRET, but because its proprietary info that can get a forum shut down,.. it is not allowed on the forum openly. -- BUT generalizations of but where to look,.. what to look for,.. and everything else CAN be discussed. Specific details,.. well that is what my mumble chat server is for, like others have mentioned.

Think of 'neo' in the matrix,.. someone can show you the door,. but only you can walk thru it... 'free your mind' and start looking past that box you have been confining yourself to.

read, read, and re-read, learn and get on my mumble server if u have to,.. it is up to you, no one else to learn it the hard way just like you said.. they started out the same damn way. - One advantage you have though .. is that you found this place,,.. and now are as close to 'the source' as you can possibly get by being here on this forum. - There is nothing much inside that thing that I cannot explain in as much detail as someone wants to go into, all the way down that rabbit hole to its end. I have had my hand in these same types of computer and control systems + engines since the days green-screen computers, most those guys on those tuning forums were still in diapers.

Why do I do this freely and openly,.. BECAUSE I AM SICK OF TRUCK OWNERS COMING TO MY FORUM WITH MESSED UP ENGINES BY THE HUNDREDS EACH YEAR!!- IT IS A PLAGUE IN OUR INDUSTRY AND SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE NEEDS TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST IT!!! - I DO NOT LIKE BEING THE MOPP-UP CREW FOR BAD-DELETE-R-US.COM!!!, yet it seems,.. there is no one else out there much that wants to take that hard road and bother to solve it, so here I am.

LASTLY: This is NOT an engine tuning forum,,. it is a truck owner's personal website/forum (my own), and all are welcome to discuss / exchange help with their trucks, fuel and other efficiencies, good trucking habits, etc. .. engine tuning and ecm problems are just occasionally one part of that discussion, but not the primary focus.. there are vastly more important things that truck owners have to worry about than just their engine programming.

- Generalizing is great, everyone learns what road/path to follow, but the more specific engine tuning talk, its higher details, and those "where to look and what to do" kinds of things from this forum should be discussion with others on my mumble, not here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo , Magard , mikeyjtrans , Brock
(01-04-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-04-2020 )Magard Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  hi there,
im new to rawze's page but it comes highly recommended all over the place. i do have diesel mechanic background although not certified. most of my experience is pickups and such but still learning my way through the software part of the bigger stuff, i am a fast learner and really want to learn to go about things the proper way and i seen someone post on the forum you might be able to help me out...

the problem...

i have an 07 379 ex that came with a cm870, but it had a previous motor swap that seems a little strange to me.
You say egr removed and block off plates. Is there a water bypass tube put on in its place. Are you trying to cook the back of the engine?

Its an 870. the 870 (only) can get away cooler plated off, though I don't like to see it. - even state police these days will fine the f#$k out of you out in texas if they see it .. I'd say leave put it back on just to make it all look stock if nothing else.

mikeyjtrans,
BTWE: your problems have already been explained to you here ( http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid48435 ) -- what you describe sounds exactly like the problem with dumping in programs and not editing the ram memory properly. That or the program was corrupted by CT (or some other software)itself. - IT IS THE MOST COMMON THING that 870's do! -- THE 870 is the only version of the ISX that has this problem.. they changed and fixed these things it in all later isx versions!.

-- NO, no one on here is going to tell you the exact 'push this button and set this param to X'. NOT because they want to hide it,. IT IS NO SECRET, but because its proprietary info that can get a forum shut down,.. it is not allowed on the forum openly. -- BUT generalizations of but where to look,.. what to look for,.. and everything else CAN be discussed. Specific details,.. well that is what my mumble chat server is for, like others have mentioned.

Think of 'neo' in the matrix,.. someone can show you the door,. but only you can walk thru it... 'free your mind' and start looking past that box you have been confining yourself to.

read, read, and re-read, learn and get on my mumble server if u have to,.. it is up to you, no one else to learn it the hard way just like you said.. they started out the same damn way. - One advantage you have though .. is that you found this place,,.. and now are as close to 'the source' as you can possibly get by being here on this forum. - There is nothing much inside that thing that I cannot explain in as much detail as someone wants to go into, all the way down that rabbit hole to its end. I have had my hand in these same types of computer and control systems + engines since the days green-screen computers, most those guys on those tuning forums were still in diapers.

Why do I do this freely and openly,.. BECAUSE I AM SICK OF TRUCK OWNERS COMING TO MY FORUM WITH MESSED UP ENGINES BY THE HUNDREDS EACH YEAR!!- IT IS A PLAGUE IN OUR INDUSTRY AND SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE NEEDS TO TAKE A STAND AGAINST IT!!! - I DO NOT LIKE BEING THE MOPP-UP CREW FOR BAD-DELETE-R-US.COM!!!, yet it seems,.. there is no one else out there much that wants to take that hard road and bother to solve it, so here I am.

LASTLY: This is NOT an engine tuning forum,,. it is a truck owner's personal website/forum (my own), and all are welcome to discuss / exchange help with their trucks, fuel and other efficiencies, good trucking habits, etc. .. engine tuning and ecm problems are just occasionally one part of that discussion, but not the primary focus.. there are vastly more important things that truck owners have to worry about than just their engine programming.

- Generalizing is great, everyone learns what road/path to follow, but the more specific engine tuning talk, its higher details, and those "where to look and what to do" kinds of things from this forum should be discussion with others on my mumble, not here.

i will double check the coolant line but i'm 99% i saw it on there... figured it was common sense thing so didn't think to mention it lol... yes i definitely feel this where you get the right information...

loved the matrix references that was awesome ha ha ha

yea its so annoying they act like if they tell you something or another its gonna put them outta business and chances are that "secret" they're guarding isnt even the right way to do things anyway... this is where my urge to learn has always come from i have a hard time trusting people to do things the right way and just like now i'm feel i'm suffering from someone's half assed way of doing things.

I'll start with the links are read through them a few times until i feel like i cant learn anything more from them before i log on to mumble. I too feel like if i was around 40 psi my egt's would be about were they need to be...

cheers fellas thanks for fighting the good fight and taking your own time to right as many wrongs as you can
replyreply
36 psi would be plenty for that hp your at. 38 will do 600hp ok.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mikeyjtrans , Rawze
(01-04-2020 )mikeyjtrans Wrote:  ... I too feel like if i was around 40 psi my egt's would be about were they need to be...

for an 870...
at or above 40+ and above psi will severely shorten engine life. For a mid-tier running less than 550-600hp as well, it is absolutely too much. Its only going to suck the fuel, + fight against the unnecessary ADDED A/R ratio of that turbo at those high of settings. The cylinders will run hot, eventually cracking a piston. .Seen it a hundred times on here by people who were hell bent on "more boost", and not knowing any better. -->.. IT AIN'T NO OLDER YELLOW MOTOR!!!, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DESIGN!. -- I have seen it more than a few times, and someone always pays the price for it eventually. . -- 36-38 is the top end it should ever see, and even competition engines making well over 800+ hp on dyno, get there easily and efficiently without any heat issues at all with only ,.. 38~,39 psi at most. - MORE BOOST on the isx is NOT how you make power, nor control egt's etc. with them. It is PROPER ENGINE COMBUSTION! -- otherwise, it will not last long enough to shake a stick at it.

- The boost for a mid-tier engine, 400-500hp range should be about 36-37 or so ... That puts it in the right spot. - much below 35 and the turbo will run hot, have a shortened lifespan, and egt's will be too high, and much above 38~ish, and the composite pistons will run hot, it will consume more fuel than it should, costing the truck owner thousands a year in fuel losses, and eventually cause damage. Making proper combustion is the only way to solve problems corectly, , not adjusting on the boost pressures outside of their proper working ranges. -- and ADDING OR TAKING AWAY BOOST PRESSURE CANNOT FIX IMPROPER COMBUSTION!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
01-05-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
honestly learning on a 870 is doing it the hard way. 870 logic is clunky as hell and completely different than anything else cummins has. They are hard to do and i spent years getting them to do what i want safely. the ecms are old and clunky and the engines are slow to respond and have no feedback. There are many different CPL's and configurations and ECM's and you have to get that all straight. start with a 871, the logic is much more current and transitions into newer stuff.

There is a reason i do a ton of tuning on 870's, its because people butcher them horribly.

it takes about ~200 ish parameters and about 10 sets of tables to do one right. that is not including power/efficiency tuning. and after you think you got it all think again and realize there are around 25 things that need to be shutoff properly live on the ECM. forget those and your pissing upwind anyways.

I had some health issues lately, im on the road to recovery but ive been kinda absent lately dealing with my stuff. Ill get back to people eventually, and if they couldn't wait then they were not ready anyways.

Uni
replyreply
 Thanks given by: oldgms , trucklogger2 , Brock , iceman , mikeyjtrans , LargeCar , t700
01-05-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Yeah or you end up like I did needed to fix a fan issue so I thought Id pull with CT, fix the fan in the file, and send it back -> and lost J1939 ... THank God for Rawze he came to the rescue... Uni and Mamma burt do all my 870's
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , iceman , Rawze , LargeCar
01-20-2020, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Howdy everyone! This is my very first post.
I've been doing a lot of reading and video watching.

I have a 2010 International ProStar Premium with Cummins ISX, CM871
My truck is currently at an International Dealer, the Turbo and Doser injector are being replaced (work started Jan 20th, 11:15am EST)
And then they will let me know DOC/DPF will need to be replaced.

I'm currently on page 11, of a 92 page document called @m*m^2. I'm trying to see if I can figure out what I have to do, to make sure that I definitely don't need to get the DOC/DPF cleaned or replaced.

If there is anyone that can provide me some insight or assistance into helping my engine breathe freely? I will appreciate any constructive input! I'm standing-by at the ready!
replyreply
EGR tuneup, mm, hollow the cans, you will of course need the Inline 6 reader and the software, which should come with the kit.

Too bad you took the truck to the dealer, how do you know the turbo is bad? That new turbo will more than likely puke oil all over the place, I had two on mine before finding YTS Turbo down in Griffin GA. They are the turbo outfit of choice here, much better quality than the Cummins.

If it were me, I would go get the truck and bring it home, I would not trust the dealer...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , LargeCar
I second that^^^^^^^

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.