Bunk heat electric apu
01-10-2020, (Subject: Bunk heat electric apu ) 
Bunk heat electric apu
So I get to post in the international section now. I’m bad.... so electric factory apu I’ve been reading around the internet seem like a pattern is developing here. Bunk heat seems to quit working. Fan blows but no heat. It looks like it’s heating water for heater and engine. I’m liking that concept. It’s trying to run. Makes some kind of cycle then stops. I’ve cycle it a bunch. Like maybe 20 times. Smell fuel a little but no fire. Is the a igniter or something. Any information on this system is helpful.
replyreply
01-10-2020, (Subject: Bunk heat electric apu ) 
RE: Bunk heat electric apu
try to start it a few times. but it probly needs the screen by the glowplug replaced also check for a fuel filter on the suction side of the pump where a nut connects to it. if thats not it then either needs burn chamber or diagnosed via a computer hookup.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
01-11-2020, (Subject: Bunk heat electric apu ) 
(01-10-2020 )Magard Wrote:  So I get to post in the international section now. I’m bad.... so electric factory apu I’ve been reading around the internet seem like a pattern is developing here. Bunk heat seems to quit working. Fan blows but no heat. It looks like it’s heating water for heater and engine. I’m liking that concept. It’s trying to run. Makes some kind of cycle then stops. I’ve cycle it a bunch. Like maybe 20 times. Smell fuel a little but no fire. Is the a igniter or something. Any information on this system is helpful.

it is such a common issue, that it is normal, actually.../

This has been talked about before on here, we have one and it does that every year.. it has never been apart, nor cleaned (except for the small intake air filter on it in the cab) in all the years/ million miles+ we have had it.. here is what we do...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid31140

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-11-2020, (Subject: Bunk heat electric apu ) 
I’ll try the wd 40 deal. I think this one works different than you describe. Your description fits my webasto one in my Volvo. Mine blows air through the factory bunk heat vents. So blower motor is running. In regular bunk heater.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
01-13-2020, (Subject: Bunk heat electric apu ) 
So I got the bunk heat working. I had to remove the heater and take it apart. The burner blower was stuck from just sitting a lot. Lubed it up with some Howe’s spray. I love that stuff. Assembled it and put it on. Had a hard time starting but a heat gun and a couple wackes on the thing got it going. Now I’m wondering how to get my auto start to work. I turn off the truck and hit the switch and no green light. I don’t know anything about this system so any ideas would help.

On the bunk heater. This video really helped. The guy must be stoned but maybe it just how you act when fighting the cold all the time. https://youtu.be/BiFDF3v5aFc
replyreply
https://youtu.be/SHt4klMm_Ws. For the start/stop. It should have settings for oil temperature and battery voltage somewhere I don't know if that's an insight thing or a body controller thing but a dealer might have turned these things off if it doesn't work

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I’m thinking it might be a connection thing cause I noticed my dash sleeper controls don’t work either. Also ambient light adjustment not working. You know the mode lights in the sleeper. Lol
replyreply
The lights are click on and switched so try pushing them up and see if their clicked off. The main bunk dome light won't work if the battery voltage low relay turns off. It's behind the cup holders on the doghouse. As far as fan/heat/cool controls on dash make sure you don't have a sleeper control button on your HVAC controls upfront. Otherwise it's a diamond logic thing and all controlled through the body controller. Other than that I would pull the peice off the passenger dash with the international symbol and clean all the fuses/breakers. Also another fuse box in driver side storage box clean those to.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
So I dug around a little under the dash. Yeah.... someone has been hacking into things looks like Qualcomm stuff and some other unknown stuff. Gonna be into it pretty deep this weekend and see what’s really going on in there. [/i]
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.