21 degrees start then shut down
01-21-2020, (Subject: 21 degrees start then shut down ) 
21 degrees start then shut down
This morning at 21 degrees I started my isx cm2250 with no problems. Ran about 5 seconds the got red engine shut off light and about 5 or 19 more seconds it shut down. I started it back again but watch my gauges same red light but my oil pressure was zero but before it shut down I got pressure and it's been fine so far. What should I check? I do have 3 codes on my scangauge but I can't find them anywhere. I looked on quickserve also. Here are the codes.
3698 09 126
3697 09 126
771 14 114
replyreply
RE: 21 degrees start then shut down
according to the fault code lookup on quickserve:

Code:
1.    771     Brake Switch Circuit - Voltage Below Normal or Shorted to Low Source
2.    3697    Engine Control Module Calibration Memory - Bad Intelligent Device or Component
3.    3698    Aftertreatment NOx Adsorbing Catalyst Warmup Error - Condition Exists

I have a cm2250 and according to quickserve codes 771 and 3698 don't exist for my engine.

Either way it looks like 3697 is what caused the stop engine light and engine shutdown.
How were your batteries when you tried to crank the engine this morning?
Possibly a low voltage situation when you first started the truck.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
It turned over fast and started fast. I just checked batteries last week and all was good.
replyreply
(01-21-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  It turned over fast and started fast. I just checked batteries last week and all was good.

Probably want to check any wires and fuses between batteries and ECM. If that's all good then it could be the ECM itself. Do you have any way to check how many times the code has been triggered, such as reading it through Insite?

That's about the extent of my knowledge. Probably need the input of someone else who has more experience with ECM's.

I see you have nearly the same tractor as I do, a 2012 Pete 587 cm2250. It's odd that 2 of the codes you listed came up in quickserve as invalid for my engine. Just to double check, what were each of those numbers that you listed before? Were any of them SPN or FMI or what? Wanna make sure we're looking at the right codes before trying to troubleshoot them.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
If the ECM is questionable, start the truck, let it idle and hit the ECM with a rubber mallet or screwdriver handle. Not real hard, not enough to break anything, just a good whack or two, three or four, etc... If the motor shuts down, more than likely it is a bad ECM.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
(01-21-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  If the ECM is questionable, start the truck, let it idle and hit the ECM with a rubber mallet or screwdriver handle. Not real hard, not enough to break anything, just a good whack or two, three or four, etc... If the motor shuts down, more than likely it is a bad ECM.

Only problem is on this tractor you can barely see the ECM without disconnecting the davco or the intake manifold. It's located drivers side just behind the fuel filter. Reaching it, let alone hitting it with anything, is going to be a challenge.

replyreply
That sucks
replyreply
(01-21-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(01-21-2020 )Billy7871 Wrote:  It turned over fast and started fast. I just checked batteries last week and all was good.

Probably want to check any wires and fuses between batteries and ECM. If that's all good then it could be the ECM itself. Do you have any way to check how many times the code has been triggered, such as reading it through Insite?

That's about the extent of my knowledge. Probably need the input of someone else who has more experience with ECM's.

I see you have nearly the same tractor as I do, a 2012 Pete 587 cm2250. It's odd that 2 of the codes you listed came up in quickserve as invalid for my engine. Just to double check, what were each of those numbers that you listed before? Were any of them SPN or FMI or what? Wanna make sure we're looking at the right codes before trying to troubleshoot them.

Two of them are not valid for mine either. I don't know what spn and fmi are??
replyreply
Do you think the oil pressure sensor could be bad?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.