ECM CALIBRATION
02-07-2020, (Subject: ECM CALIBRATION ) 
ECM CALIBRATION
2016 Peterbilt 579 isx15 550 cummins, CM2350x101,
Check engine light on can't get rid of it!
Had 3 codes 1883,1845 and 5868 had them cleared on a generic lap with insite at a small shop! But light stayed on brought truck to our shop and found that it has no codes ,checked ESA and there are no codes in there either,was going to recalibrate the ecm but can't get any of our three laptops to do it, They all connect but won't calibrate,tried thru the cab and hooked direct to the engine, but keeps coming up with the same code and says calibration certification is bad cummins says its a Peterbilt problem.
One week ago we replaced the DPF filter[Recon],cleaned DOC,Replaced turbo actuator,In and Out Nox sensors,and cleaned everything up.the codes 1883,1845,adn 5868 were the same codes I got just before the work was done!
Maybe something happened at the small shop when they hooked up the generic insight?
injectors,good,maintenance free CV filter,everything seems to be good and clean!
Any Thoughts?
replyreply
02-08-2020, (Subject: ECM CALIBRATION ) 
RE: ECM CALIBRATION
http://www.diesel-service-parts.com/cumm...codes.html
replyreply
(02-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  http://www.diesel-service-parts.com/cumm...codes.html

"Cummins ISX Engine Fault Codes for the CM871 ECM
(2007-2010 engines)"

Doesn't help with his 2016 cm2350. Besides, his description sounds more like a communication problem or an ecm issue, not actually related to the codes he mentioned

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
The codes are there, all emission related. Sounds like the shop with the funny reader and software didn’t work. Besides, codes just cannot be cleared and expected to never reappear if the problem that set them off is not properly addressed and repaired. I think I would find another shop or purchase the correct diagnostic gear that many of us here already own.
replyreply
(02-08-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(02-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  http://www.diesel-service-parts.com/cumm...codes.html

"Cummins ISX Engine Fault Codes for the CM871 ECM
(2007-2010 engines)"

Doesn't help with his 2016 cm2350. Besides, his description sounds more like a communication problem or an ecm issue, not actually related to the codes he mentioned

EXACTLY!
replyreply
Is your Insite level unlocked to Pro or Basic? Basic wont flash. Pro will.

I'm not finding your 1845 code. Make sure that's the correct number

1883 is on the list WATERLOO posted and is the same as a cm2350

Code 5868 comes up with a TSB. The link for quickserve is in the last paragraph. It has something to do with using too high of a sulphur content fuel.

http://marketing.sites.cummins.com/6-17-...ampaignId=
replyreply
(02-07-2020 )catnred Wrote:  2016 Peterbilt 579 isx15 550 cummins, CM2350x101,
Check engine light on can't get rid of it!
Had 3 codes 1883,1845 and 5868

1883 == DPF Delta-P sensor reading erratic ( an intermittent connection ).

1845 == Water in Fuel sensor, broken wire connection.

5868 == DEF doser injector is spraying max DEf fluid out and it is still not enough to make the NOx sensors happy. bad or clogged up DEF spray nozzle? Dirty screen filter? - maybe SCR element has had moisture intrusion and has no more precious metals?, blocked up passageway in decomp tube? - or something else?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  The codes are there, all emission related. Sounds like the shop with the funny reader and software didn’t work. Besides, codes just cannot be cleared and expected to never reappear if the problem that set them off is not properly addressed and repaired. I think I would find another shop or purchase the correct diagnostic gear that many of us here already own.

If I'm reading his post correctly, his problem is that after the repair work was done and the codes were cleared the CEL is still illuminated and they can't seem to figure out why. So, he's not trying to diagnose the codes listed, but instead trying to remedy a Check Engine Light being on with no fault codes present.

catnred Wrote:...had them cleared on a generic lap with insite at a small shop! But light stayed on brought truck to our shop and found that it has no codes ,checked ESA and there are no codes in there either...

Not sure what could cause this, but whenever you're dealing with electrical systems I would always start with the basics. Check all the wiring from the battery to the ecm to the sensors, the grounds and even the fuses and relays. Bad voltage or ground can cause all kinds of unexpected and unexplained behaviour.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(02-08-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(02-08-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  The codes are there, all emission related. Sounds like the shop with the funny reader and software didn’t work. Besides, codes just cannot be cleared and expected to never reappear if the problem that set them off is not properly addressed and repaired. I think I would find another shop or purchase the correct diagnostic gear that many of us here already own.

If I'm reading his post correctly, his problem is that after the repair work was done and the codes were cleared the CEL is still illuminated and they can't seem to figure out why. So, he's not trying to diagnose the codes listed, but instead trying to remedy a Check Engine Light being on with no fault codes present.

catnred Wrote:...had them cleared on a generic lap with insite at a small shop! But light stayed on brought truck to our shop and found that it has no codes ,checked ESA and there are no codes in there either...

Not sure what could cause this, but whenever you're dealing with electrical systems I would always start with the basics. Check all the wiring from the battery to the ecm to the sensors, the grounds and even the fuses and relays. Bad voltage or ground can cause all kinds of unexpected and unexplained behaviour.
Looks like I've got my work cutout for me! Thanks everyone.
The roads up here are wicked [washboard] I'm not surprised about wiring issues!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.