Isx 2350 485hp. Surges has no power
02-22-2020, (Subject: Isx 2350 485hp. Surges has no power ) 
RE: Isx 2350 485hp. Surges has no power
(02-13-2020 )LLT Wrote:  Jim T

You are not wrong, the after treatment injector was leaking like crazy. Now that I think about it, I didn’t bother to check everything else when I replaced it 3 months ago (it became a ticking bomb)
I was getting de-rated and as soon as I replaced it I was so glad to go back to work that I forgot all the aftermath it was gonna leave behind.

So here is a recap of all!

When the truck wanted to de a regen or if I waned to force one it would not complete and a lot of white smog would come of the exhaust. DPF inlet was getting to almost 2000 degrees

Aftertreatment injector will not affect fuel rail pressure. You have leaks or fuel pump head, or fuel rail valve, or injector(injectors). Start with fuel rail valve it's most common. If valve is leaking and you install new from Cummins check it too. Today have one new installed and valve is leaking. Not so much as old but anyway.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , LLT
02-22-2020, (Subject: Isx 2350 485hp. Surges has no power ) 
(02-13-2020 )LLT Wrote:  Jim T

You are not wrong, the after treatment injector was leaking like crazy. Now that I think about it, I didn’t bother to check everything else when I replaced it 3 months ago (it became a ticking bomb)
I was getting de-rated and as soon as I replaced it I was so glad to go back to work that I forgot all the aftermath it was gonna leave behind.

So here is a recap of all!

When the truck wanted to de a regen or if I waned to force one it would not complete and a lot of white smog would come of the exhaust. DPF inlet was getting to almost 2000 degrees

Since it appears part of your post didn't come through, could you either go back and edit the post to complete it or create a new reply with the rest of the story? More information will help guide troubleshooting.

With that much fuel rail pressure loss you have something big going on. Possibly multiple points of failure. You also seem to have (or had) a lot of aftertreatment/EGR issues.

This can't be stressed enough: IF YOU HAVEN'T OPENED UP YOUR FUEL PUMP HEAD AND INSPECTED IT FOR DAMAGE AND REBUILT IT THAN THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP! Once that disaster has been eliminated then do like snailexpress said and look for leaks, check the fuel rail valve, I think there is also 1 or more pressure relief valves in the system. I'm not familiar enough with this to properly help beyond the pump.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
02-24-2020, (Subject: Isx 2350 485hp. Surges has no power ) 
Thanks guys,
The fuel rail valve is the one in the front of the rail right? I don’t think there is a way to check it only buying a new one am I correct?
I don’t think the injectors are leaking because I don’t see too many regenerations or smoking by any means.
So that leaves the valve and the fuel pump. I haven’t rebuilt the pump head so I have no idea if there is anything wrong with it. I’ll go with the valve first because I’m short on money right now.

Any way
My truck had a bad after treatment injector and it was getting the DPF at almost 2000 trying to do a regen, of course it would cut off as soon as it would get that hot. It was also smoking a lot of white unburned diesel as soon as I changed the injector it worked fine but I think that what caused the sensors to plug with soot. And it acted as if it was not getting the fuel with enough pressure. I cleaned the sensors and it worked fine afterwards (I will buy all the sensors new as soon as I have money
replyreply
When I was trying to find out what was the problem I run a fuel pressure test and it failed miserably
replyreply
Be careful opening the fuel rail, since the pressure is very high and can cause great bodily harm. There is a correct procedure doing this.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Don't ignore the fuel pump. If you don't know when (or if) it was last rebuilt then you need to get the parts and do it asap.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...xm_LtX_PCM

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LLT
02-25-2020, (Subject: Isx 2350 485hp. Surges has no power ) 
(02-24-2020 )LLT Wrote:  ...
I don’t think the injectors are leaking because I don’t see too many regenerations or smoking by any means.

Injectors can leak internally bypassing to the fuel return system. Also can leak into the engine oil.
replyreply
The fuel rail valve is the one in the front of the rail right? I don’t think there is a way to check it only buying a new one am I correct?

It is easy to check to see if the rail pressure relief valve (the notorious valve to internally get leaky at the front of the rail) is leaky.

just loosen/undo the banjo fitting on the end of it (it is a return line) and do a rail leak test. Not a drop of fuel should come out of the relief valve.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LLT , JMBT
(02-25-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  

It is easy to check to see if the rail pressure relief valve (the notorious valve to get leaky atg the front of the rail) is leaky.

just loosen/undo the banjo fitting on the end of it (it is a return line) and do a rail leak test. Not a drop of fuel should come out of the relief valve.
It is possible fuel leak from valve return line connected to fuel return manifold. Line need to be disconnected completely and moved away from valve head or use special tool to monitor only valve return line or block valve return line at fuel return manifold with 12mm bolt.

./uploads/202002/post_1794_1582637738_8dcfba44368ee0aeb945ff0f06b60556.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LLT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.