Egr temperature sensor plug on motor
03-04-2020, (Subject: Egr temperature sensor plug on motor ) 
Egr temperature sensor plug on motor
So I'm trying to replace the egr temperature sensor and I have no idea how to get the damn plug apart. I was looking at the other sensors and it looks like the have similar plugs with a flat square plastic piece on top and a tab that appears to need pressing down to unplug it but I'm not having much luck.

Any help would be appreciated

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Egr temperature sensor plug on motor
That looks like a barometric pressure sensor.

Those connectors have a lock that goes horizontal.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Edjahman
(03-04-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  That looks like a barometric pressure sensor.

Yeah I was just using that plug as an example. I don't know how to open it.
replyreply
(03-04-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  That looks like a barometric pressure sensor.

It looks like the egr temperature and the egr differential and exhaust pressure sensors all have the same electrical plugs,

I already damaged the egr temperature electrical plug trying to get it apart and I was still unsuccessful unplugging it.

How do you open these electrical plugs?

Thank you
replyreply
I used a hook on that ")" shape part and pried the hook towards the "aeA" and it should pop right off, then you got the red tab that has to slide out to the right looking at the push down lock from that angle.
replyreply
(03-04-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I used a hook on that ")" shape part and pried the hook towards the "aeA" and it should pop right off, then you got the red tab that has to slide out to the right looking at the push down lock from that angle.

Unfortunately I'm having zero luck with these type plugs. I'm pretty sure I've damaged at least a couple trying to get them open. They really are a pain.
replyreply
maybe this video helps. Different sensor, but likely the same type of delphi plug.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-05-2020, (Subject: Egr temperature sensor plug on motor ) 
(03-04-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe this video helps. Different sensor, but likely the same type of delphi plug.

OK thank you. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Appreciate the responses!
replyreply
03-05-2020, (Subject: Egr temperature sensor plug on motor ) 
(03-05-2020 )Edjahman Wrote:  OK thank you. I'll give it another go tomorrow.

Appreciate the responses!

Just some related FYI:

For the CM871 engines ...
If your trying to remove the EGR temp sensor plug off a CM871, the older style sensor and plug are glued together and not meant to come apart. This older style will also have a thick layer of heat-shrink wrap over the whole plug to indicate that it is not supposed to come apart. - If someone has this type of shrink-wrapped sensor/plug, they follow the wire back up the harness, then buried back about 1 foot or so back from the plug is another in-line plug. That plug is where it is intended to be removed from and not by cutting away the heat shrink at the sensor itself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Edjahman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.