Engine fan wont turn off
03-10-2020, (Subject: Engine fan wont turn off ) 
RE: Engine fan wont turn off
Thermostatic control doesn't make any sense. Its already controlled that way multiple times through the ECM and A/C system. There is no use adding extra ones or redundant ones. Fix the systems that are already in place.

I may be wrong but I believe the ECM controls the ground side of the solenoid. Amperage problems wouldn't make any sense. Most solenoids are 12v feed, normally open switches. And from what I've seen over the years it takes very little amperage to activate the solenoid. Even if the wires are almost rotted or torn through they still function.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 05ISX450
Have you changed any of the air conditioning pressure switches. One of those tells the fan to turn on too cool the condenser when the pressure gets too high. Maybe insite will show that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 05ISX450
(03-10-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You're blindly throwing parts at it. That is a waste of money. Stop stop stop stop. Go somewhere that has Insite or get Insite yourself and diagnose it properly.

After you throw hundreds of dollars in sensors at this truck you could of had it looked at and find which sensor is reading wrong. Properly troubleshoot that sensor and circuit and find out it the wiring all along.

Also, is this EGR still operational? If not was the programming done from someone from this site? If not, this could be your problem along with many others that you have no idea of.

I'm aware that I'm throwing parts at it.

I also said I'm tired of doing that.

EGR is no longer operational, and no it wasn't tuned by anyone on this site. Everything was working properly up until about a month and a half ago, so I'm pretty certain it's not a tuning issue.
replyreply
(03-10-2020 )Magard Wrote:  Have you changed any of the air conditioning pressure switches. One of those tells the fan to turn on too cool the condenser when the pressure gets too high. Maybe insite will show that.

Thats what I have said above. Ac high pressure switch was replaced but didn't change anything.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
(03-10-2020 )davidjurss Wrote:  EGR is no longer operational, and no it wasn't tuned by anyone on this site. Everything was working properly up until about a month and a half ago, so I'm pretty certain it's not a tuning issue.

based on what you have said ... engine fan ecm programming issue or not, I would suggest you get that programming checked out by Mommaburt, Unilevers, etc. for a review if you value the life of your equipment. Odds are very strongly against you having a program that is even half-way right, nonetheless not downright destructive to that enigne and/or its turbocharger.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: davidjurss
if you dont like throwing parts then get the items that will help you not load up the parts cannon.. get insite so you can just go in and look at the fan command monitor and see if its being turned on by AC/Coolant Temp/Air Temp or whatever if it says its off but still on then look for chaffing on the ground for the fan solenoid and its getting grounded out some other way then the ECM.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2
(03-10-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-10-2020 )davidjurss Wrote:  EGR is no longer operational, and no it wasn't tuned by anyone on this site. Everything was working properly up until about a month and a half ago, so I'm pretty certain it's not a tuning issue.

based on what you have said ... engine fan ecm programming issue or not, I would suggest you get that programming checked out by Mommaburt, Unilevers, etc. for a review if you value the life of your equipment. Odds are very strongly against you having a program that is even half-way right, nonetheless not downright destructive to that enigne and/or its turbocharger.

Would programming allow it to work for 9 months and then all of a sudden not? Not trying to be sarcastic, but I've had 0 issues with how the truck runs. The only engine concern I have is with the fan, and that's only been recently. The fan was operating fine, then all of a sudden it's not.
replyreply
(03-10-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  if you dont like throwing parts then get the items that will help you not load up the parts cannon.. get insite so you can just go in and look at the fan command monitor and see if its being turned on by AC/Coolant Temp/Air Temp or whatever if it says its off but still on then look for chaffing on the ground for the fan solenoid and its getting grounded out some other way then the ECM.

I'll see if I can get it into a shop and see what's happening. Everything else seems to be working fine.
replyreply
03-11-2020, (Subject: Engine fan wont turn off ) 
I think the advice about the programming is stand alone. Nothing to do with fan. Bad tuning runs great and then your engine starts pushing water because head gasket went. Most commonly. Or complete disaster split piston. Timing could be 10 degrees too advanced and you wouldn’t know it unless you have been around one that was right and one that wasn’t. We get tired of warning people around here because it’s one calamity after another.... And the arguing. Imagine how many people Rawze has argued with and was proven right. Just save yourself some heart ache and get that program checked out. I got a buddy that I’m always arguing with and it one f^ck up after another with him. If he didn’t have money behind him he would have been broke and out of business by now. Now he’s f..ing up Detroit’s... same idiot tuner. Still arguing though.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.