oil filters
03-28-2020, (Subject: oil filters ) 
RE: oil filters
(03-28-2020 )Magard Wrote:  JimT you do realize that if a grease zerk doesn’t take grease you will never know until it’s to late. I would hit it myself with a grease gun ever once in a while just to make sure everything is taking grease.

That's a good point. The tech's usually go over things with me, but you're right, I wouldn't know for certain. On the flip side, I don't currently know all the locations that would need to be hit. I do try to visually verify new grease at locations I can see, but that is obviously not the same. I still have a lot of things to learn and really appreciate the knowledge and support of the community here.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , amermextrucker
03-29-2020, (Subject: oil filters ) 
(03-28-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(03-28-2020 )Magard Wrote:  JimT you do realize that if a grease zerk doesn’t take grease you will never know until it’s to late. I would hit it myself with a grease gun ever once in a while just to make sure everything is taking grease.

That's a good point. The tech's usually go over things with me, but you're right, I wouldn't know for certain. On the flip side, I don't currently know all the locations that would need to be hit. I do try to visually verify new grease at locations I can see, but that is obviously not the same. I still have a lot of things to learn and really appreciate the knowledge and support of the community here.

thats why im here too.
replyreply
I always run Donaldson Blue synthetic filters, I do not extend drains, I just like the extra filtration. DBL7900 is the number on my cm871.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
(03-29-2020 )Brock Wrote:  I always run Donaldson Blue synthetic filters, I do not extend drains, I just like the extra filtration. DBL7900 is the number on my cm871.

what is your drain interval?
replyreply
someone say oil change intervals? ...
(ref at the bottom of this post, just below the chart: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617 ).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-29-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  someone say oil change intervals? ...
(ref pid=617#pid617 ).

Good info. Im going to start @ 10k after i add bypass filter i will go to 12k for a year all the while running oil sample then hopefully go to 15k , but no higher than that. Also ive read on here that remote tuning is possible ? id like to get that done sometime in the future. Engine is 2015 CM2350.
No delete all stock at 450hp.
replyreply
Before we started to put autolube on we used to take a piece of angle like an old bed frame,notch it and add about a half dozen 1/8 steel pipe couplings, put grease fittings n one end of the fitting and hook up 1/4" synflex to the other run to the fittings on the frt corners of the truck. For fittings that took grease relatively easy it made greasing fairly quick. One on the frame behind each frt wheel. Fwiw
replyreply
03-30-2020, (Subject: oil filters ) 
(03-29-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(03-29-2020 )Brock Wrote:  I always run Donaldson Blue synthetic filters, I do not extend drains, I just like the extra filtration. DBL7900 is the number on my cm871.

I idle alot so I change by hours, 250 is my normal interval.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
03-30-2020, (Subject: oil filters ) 
(03-30-2020 )Brock Wrote:  
(03-29-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  

I idle alot so I change by hours, 250 is my normal interval.

250 hrs ? that has to buy super fast!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.