Fault Code 1117
04-23-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
Fault Code 1117
Truck developed an issue lately it runs good usually for a few hours then goes into a limp with low power and with heavy black smoke. It's been @m*m^2 a few years ago.

Had 48 ocurrences of 1117 Power supply lost with ignition on - Data erratic, intermittent or incorrect. Checked all battery connections seem good.

Also got 75 occurrences of 2215 Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure- Data Valid but below normal operating range. Moderately Severe Level.

Also noticed some fuel on the 3rd electronic solenoid and connector in the picture. Could that have something to do with it? TIASolenoid 3

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Fault Code 1117
(04-23-2020 )Biglentil Wrote:  Truck developed an issue lately it runs good usually for a few hours then goes into a limp with low power and with heavy black smoke. It's been @m*m^2 a few years ago.

Had 48 ocurrences of 1117 Power supply lost with ignition on - Data erratic, intermittent or incorrect. Checked all battery connections seem good.

Also got 75 occurrences of 2215 Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure- Data Valid but below normal operating range. Moderately Severe Level.

Also noticed some fuel on the 3rd electronic solenoid and connector in the picture. Could that have something to do with it? TIA

Photo did not come thru.
replyreply
Photo came through for me.

When I had code 1117, I was stalling and getting a bunch of BCM codes as well, depending what's screwed on your ecm, it may throw random codes.

Rawze recommends tapping the top of the ecm lightly with a hammer or rubber mallet and seeing if that causes the issue.

Here is what I found out for mine....

https://youtu.be/WhH5a7pgpMk

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
if it has been a few years, you might also want to get the file in your ecm updated while your at it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
04-25-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
So I tapped on it could not get a fault, decided to opened up my ecu. Unfortunately could not find any broke solder joints. Resealed it and put it back in. Does anyone know which two pins are the power and ground in the 4pin connector that plugs into the ecm. I want to run a new ground and power direct from the batteries to rule that out. Could it be a bad cell in the batteries themselves. They seem strong but what if a plate is shorting out. Things that make me say hmm.
replyreply
04-26-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
You can find a schematic on quickserve

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
04-26-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
You may be diagnosing this problem from the wrong angle. What if you low fuel pressure is your main symptom and the truck stalling is the power lost code?

Have you checked your mechanical fuel pump? They have been known to still operate with the internal shaft broken (snapped) until they completley fail.

This could be cause for the low fuel pressure and as the fuel pump skips internally it causes the truck to stall intermittently. Causing the power lost with ignition on.

It may be worth giving the fuel system a good look over 1st. Its a much easier system to check functions. Just so your not running down the wrong rabbit hole with the endless possibilities of electrical problems.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-01-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
I think the 1117 code is from us turning off the battery disconnect switch too quick after shutting off ignition. I think you are right about fuel. When I remove the fuel filter and turn on ignition the fuel stream is tiny almost just a drip. So thought maybe a restriction towards fuel tank so I put the suction hose from lift pump into a jug of diesel it sucked it down pretty quick like I would expect, probably a gallon a minute rate or so. However the fuel stream out the fuel filter housing is still
tiny. Cant be right can it? I'm thinking it's the integrated check valve at the lift pump. Not sure if its serviceable. Will let you know.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
05-01-2020, (Subject: Fault Code 1117 ) 
(re-post form another related thread...)
There is a check valve at the electric fuel pump (sometimes there is also a screen on some of the older models). - It often goes bad and gets trash in it. Could be that it needs cleaning and/or replacement too.

maybe some direction to look into as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.