Into the @m*m^2
05-05-2020, (Subject: Into the @m*m^2 ) 
Into the @m*m^2
I had this all here earlier today, but felt that maybe it said too much. Now that I have some more time I decided to redo.

My Truck: 2014 Pete 388; 2013 ISX15 cm 2350; 485 HP; 1850 Torque; 3.36 rears; LowPro 255/70R/22.5 Drives and Trailer; 295/75R/22.5 steers. 46,500 empty weight. OD 581,694 at the time of change. I'm a car hauler, 3 on the truck, 6 on the trailer. My MPG was always horrible due to the nature of the beast, 5 was about normal and 5.2 was exceptional (down hill wind up my back side) and many times 4.8 was present.

I bought this truck in Nov 2017 and from then to date I've spent over $20k on that VERY FLAWED EGR/DOC/DPF/SCR MESS of a system. And as a result I had enough! So after a few inquiries and few phone calls the deed was done.

With the help of several people here, I did everything I was told to do down to the letter, missed no steps, took no short cuts. And the first thing I noticed was a very smooth idle. It never idled badly, but this was noticeably different.

I had my first load last weekend since the 3rd week of March. I was approximately 78k gross and a big SUV back on overhead, so plenty of wind drag. Dallas to Colorado Springs, 714 miles, 600' elevation to 6600'.

5.58 mpg actual, a full .5/mpg increase. The pedal response was amazing. It would go from 0 to 30 psi boost in a blink of an eye. Hills that I would previously have the pedal on the floor were now blowing past 32 psi with 1/2 a pedal. I'd immediately back off, down shift and feather the pedal up the hill without missing a beat at less than 30 psi. The hottest exhaust manifold temp I saw during the entire trip about 600 deg. Most of the time it would hang out at around 425 deg. Keep in mind nothing was done to change HP Torque etc. but the performance and response from the engine now is quite shocking, to me. I'm sure to others of you who have gone down this road know what I'm talking about. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I can safely say I didn't expect what I got. I'm truly driving a brand new truck and thoroughly enjoying the learning curve.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but for today, I couldn't be more happy and to all of you who helped me through it, THANK YOU! You know who you are and I appreciate it more than you can know. I hope I can repay the favor some day.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker , Running rough , cybernetictrout
RE: Into the @m*m^2
I thought I was loosing my mind, thought I saw it earlier.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
If your getting to 32 psi with only 50% throttle, then it likely needs to be adjusted to ensure it stays in check at full throttle. Some of those car haulers and their bigger CAC, etc. front ends can be a bit touchy to adjust sometimes. Just be sure not to push it past about 33 psi or so in the mean time, till you can get it re-adjusted. The CM2350's can't handle above 33 psi or so of boost without it causing some harm to the engine. This is because the aspirated compression ratio is already so high on them that they do not need very much extra boost to make full power.

Just thought I would mention that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-05-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  If your getting to 32 psi with only 50% throttle, then it likely needs to be adjusted to ensure it stays in check at full throttle. Some of those car haulers and their bigger CAC, etc. front ends can be a bit touchy to adjust sometimes. Just be sure not to push it past about 33 psi or so in the mean time, till you can get it re-adjusted. The CM2350's can't handle above 33 psi or so of boost without it causing some harm to the engine. This is because the aspirated compression ratio is already so high on them that they do not need very much extra boost to make full power.

I haven’t the foggiest how to make that adjustment so in the mean time I’ll keep a close watch on to ensure that I don’t stress it’s limit until I can get out to GA for some like yourself or Mr Hag to look at it properly.
replyreply
(05-05-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  If your getting to 32 psi with only 50% throttle, then it likely needs to be adjusted to ensure it stays in check at full throttle. Some of those car haulers and their bigger CAC, etc. front ends can be a bit touchy to adjust sometimes. Just be sure not to push it past about 33 psi or so in the mean time, till you can get it re-adjusted. The CM2350's can't handle above 33 psi or so of boost without it causing some harm to the engine. This is because the aspirated compression ratio is already so high on them that they do not need very much extra boost to make full power.

I haven’t the foggiest how to make that adjustment so in the mean time I’ll keep a close watch on to ensure that I don’t stress it’s limit until I can get out to GA for some like yourself or Mr Hag to look at it properly.

Next time you end up down this way, give a ring. It is easily enough done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-05-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  I had this all here earlier today, but felt that maybe it said too much. Now that I have some more time I decided to redo.

My Truck: 2014 Pete 388; 2013 ISX15 cm 2350; 485 HP; 1850 Torque; 3.36 rears; LowPro 255/70R/22.5 Drives and Trailer; 295/75R/22.5 steers. 46,500 empty weight. OD 581,694 at the time of change. I'm a car hauler, 3 on the truck, 6 on the trailer. My MPG was always horrible due to the nature of the beast, 5 was about normal and 5.2 was exceptional (down hill wind up my back side) and many times 4.8 was present.

I bought this truck in Nov 2017 and from then to date I've spent over $20k on that VERY FLAWED EGR/DOC/DPF/SCR MESS of a system. And as a result I had enough! So after a few inquiries and few phone calls the deed was done.

With the help of several people here, I did everything I was told to do down to the letter, missed no steps, took no short cuts. And the first thing I noticed was a very smooth idle. It never idled badly, but this was noticeably different.

I had my first load last weekend since the 3rd week of March. I was approximately 78k gross and a big SUV back on overhead, so plenty of wind drag. Dallas to Colorado Springs, 714 miles, 600' elevation to 6600'.

5.58 mpg actual, a full .5/mpg increase. The pedal response was amazing. It would go from 0 to 30 psi boost in a blink of an eye. Hills that I would previously have the pedal on the floor were now blowing past 32 psi with 1/2 a pedal. I'd immediately back off, down shift and feather the pedal up the hill without missing a beat at less than 30 psi. The hottest exhaust manifold temp I saw during the entire trip about 600 deg. Most of the time it would hang out at around 425 deg. Keep in mind nothing was done to change HP Torque etc. but the performance and response from the engine now is quite shocking, to me. I'm sure to others of you who have gone down this road know what I'm talking about. I honestly didn't know what to expect, but I can safely say I didn't expect what I got. I'm truly driving a brand new truck and thoroughly enjoying the learning curve.

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but for today, I couldn't be more happy and to all of you who helped me through it, THANK YOU! You know who you are and I appreciate it more than you can know. I hope I can repay the favor some day.

That is really cool. I hope I can get in on that as well sometime in the future. Good luck trucker.
replyreply
05-06-2020, (Subject: Into the @m*m^2 ) 
(05-05-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  The hottest exhaust manifold temp I saw during the entire trip about 600 deg. Most of the time it would hang out at around 425 deg.

The turbo needs a little tweaking, it’s running too cold. Depending on where your pyro temp probe is your gonna make your best mpg’s at around 575 to 625 degrees post turbo probe in pipe less than 15 psi boost and the 1450 to 1600 rpm range. Get it dialed in and you’ll probably be in the 6’s pretty easily.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
(05-06-2020 )schISM Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  The hottest exhaust manifold temp I saw during the entire trip about 600 deg. Most of the time it would hang out at around 425 deg.

The turbo needs a little tweaking, it’s running too cold. Depending on where your pyro temp probe is your gonna make your best mpg’s at around 575 to 625 degrees post turbo probe in pipe less than 15 psi boost and the 1450 to 1600 rpm range. Get it dialed in and you’ll probably be in the 6’s pretty easily.

I mounted on the outside of the exhaust manifold just as Rawze showed in his video.
replyreply
(05-06-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  
(05-06-2020 )schISM Wrote:  

I mounted on the outside of the exhaust manifold just as Rawze showed in his video.
Make sure probe very tip, where is sensing junction, is in contact with manifold.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.