trucking rolling and smoking
05-11-2020, (Subject: trucking rolling and smoking ) 
trucking rolling and smoking
I have a 2015 cummins with a ISX 450. The engine has 500k on it and I've been back and forth at the shop and nobody knows what I'm talking about so recently run out of options. Yesterday I came out of 68 degrees weather to 42 degrees and the truck just started blowing out smoke which smells like fuel burning. I might add that this is the only time this happens at cold temp weather. Does anyone know
replyreply
RE: trucking rolling and smoking
maybe this?: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid46231

some more info and some detailed history would be more helpful.

has anyone done an EGR tune-up? replaced the IMAP and other sensors? Cleaned or replaced the Doser injector? etc.?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks so much I knew there truckers out here having the same issues that I can relate to. I was just looking in the wrong place. Let me check into my egr system and etc. and I’ll get back to y’all soon wish me luck.
replyreply
05-21-2020, (Subject: trucking rolling and smoking ) 
Okay I'm back and now still having the same issue. So I have changed out senors that deal with my EGR system and the IMAP sensor as well. I ran by a shop and the foreman said I have a really good aftertreatment system because it regens about 20-15 minutes. He wants me to come back and drop it off to run other test but I already spent a thousand on doing it myself parts and can only imagine shop prices now. Now the last question is when I replace the doser injector is there going to be fuel pouring out or just air since not running? What am I looking for?
replyreply
maybe this helps...
https://youtu.be/TTHUJph5wMs

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-21-2020 )3raes Wrote:  Okay I'm back and now still having the same issue. So I have changed out senors that deal with my EGR system and the IMAP sensor as well. I ran by a shop and the foreman said I have a really good aftertreatment system because it regens about 20-15 minutes. He wants me to come back and drop it off to run other test but I already spent a thousand on doing it myself parts and can only imagine shop prices now. Now the last question is when I replace the doser injector is there going to be fuel pouring out or just air since not running? What am I looking for?

The shop foreman said it's really good because it regens every 15 - 20 minutes? My trucks average time between regens was about 100 hrs assuming everything okay not having any issues. Just normal running. I'm pretty sure I'd be leaving that shop with my truck if he'd told me that cause obviously he doesn't know what in the heck he's talking about.

There will be no fuel pouring out.
replyreply
(05-21-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  ... it regens every 15 - 20 minutes? My trucks average time between regens was about 100 hrs assuming everything okay not having any issues

I can only assume he might have meant to say that it takes 15-20 minutes to complete one, not that it does one every 20 mins?.

replyreply
(05-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-21-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  ... it regens every 15 - 20 minutes? My trucks average time between regens was about 100 hrs assuming everything okay not having any issues

I can only assume he might have meant to say that it takes 15-20 minutes to complete one, not that it does one every 20 mins?.

*shrug* I suppose so, but even that would be alarming wouldn't it?
replyreply
(05-21-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  
(05-21-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  

*shrug* I suppose so, but even that would be alarming wouldn't it?
I think 15-20 mins is good.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar daycab cm871 485
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.