Isx shutting off randomly
06-04-2020, (Subject: Isx shutting off randomly ) 
Isx shutting off randomly
I have a 2010 peterbilt 386 1237200 on milage driving down the road and when pulling out engine will die check engine stop engine lights come on trip meter resets speedometer sweeps up an down then engine starts back sometimes it does it once sometimes 2 or 3 times then all is back to normal and no codes on dash would appreciate any help thanks in advance 
replyreply
RE: Isx sitting off randomly
(06-04-2020 )Jredman33 Wrote:  I have a 2010 peterbilt 386 1237200 on milage driving down the road and when pulling out engine will die check engine stop engine lights come on trip meter resets speedometer sweeps up an down then engine starts back sometimes it does it once sometimes 2 or 3 times then all is back to normal and no codes on dash would appreciate any help thanks in advance 

Can be a ecm possibly going bad especially if it’s never been replaced.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jredman33
RE: Isx sitting off randomly
Start the truck, open hood, smack ECM with screwdriver handle or rubber mallet... Might want to have someone in the cab to see what happens. But, mine did the same and left me stranded on the side of the road when it shut the truck down. One Million miles and the original ECM, it is time.
replyreply
RE: Isx shutting off randomly
also check for bad grounds

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jredman33 , DSTdriver
And battery connections. The main ecm feed comes directly off the batteries. It one of the several small wires that are connected directly to the battery lugs
replyreply
Smacked ecm nothing happened checked plugs on ecm nothing checked battery connections nothing
replyreply
The reseting of the trip meter is what has me stumped could it be wires going to speed sensor
replyreply
(06-04-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Start the truck, open hood, smack ECM with screwdriver handle or rubber mallet... Might want to have someone in the cab to see what happens. But, mine did the same and left me stranded on the side of the road when it shut the truck down. One Million miles and the original ECM, it is time.
Nothing happened
replyreply
(06-04-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  Start the truck, open hood, smack ECM with screwdriver handle or rubber mallet... Might want to have someone in the cab to see what happens. But, mine did the same and left me stranded on the side of the road when it shut the truck down. One Million miles and the original ECM, it is time.
Nothing happened
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.