High exhaust back pressure
06-26-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
High exhaust back pressure
I have a 2013 Volvo Cummins IS 2250. I just replaced the turbo but the turbo actuator measured is only 84% when I performed the forced park regen also the exhaust back pressure is 160-165. When I run forced park regen analysis it fails due to high exhaust back pressure. DPF differential pressure is around 1. What should be the back pressure and what can cause the pressure to be to high? Also why a new cummins reman turbo will be at only 84%?
replyreply
RE: High exhaust back pressure
make sure your IMAP and other egr related sensors and piping are clean and/or have been replaced recently.

maybe pressurize the engine and CAC upand check it for boost and or egr circuit leaks.

maybe remove the DOC and DPF and have them baked, de-ashed, and flow tested for a few hundred bucks at a local stealers$it

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
One other thing I found out is that DPF outlet temperature now is rising faster and about 50 degrees higher than the inlet temperature. Yes,the temp sensors are not reversed. Also both NoX sensors were replaced yesterday along with the turbo. Any ideas?
replyreply
pull the cans, take pics of the faces and post em here,... take em to a stealers$it and have em baked, de-ashed, and flow tested.

check the decomp tube while you are at it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

use a boroscope and check the face of the SCR element to see if it is face-plugged too.

=========

while it is apart, pressurize the whole engine up to about 30 psi and check for leaks via block plates on intake and exhaust of turbo + air supplied in where the turbo inlet temp sensor goes. fix any leaks found.

after that, do a turbo inspection if u suspect ur new turbo.
https://youtu.be/ZUpKb5umv_0

Also verify you put the right turbo part# on your engine. Seen where stealers$it or other shops use wrong model turbo on engine assuming they are all same because they look same. They look same on outside but there are different turbo's w different turbines for different tier engines and it can greatly effect regen problems. Register an account on quickserv.cummins.com with your esn number and look up the right part#. Compare it to part# on turbo and invoice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Is this the Dan I know that pulls out of Menards?

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
06-27-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
(06-26-2020 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  Is this the Dan I know that pulls out of Menards?
I don't think so
replyreply
(06-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  pull the cans, take pics of the faces and post em here,... take em to a stealers$it and have em baked, de-ashed, and flow tested.

check the decomp tube while you are at it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...07#pid1807

use a boroscope and check the face of the SCR element to see if it is face-plugged too.

=========

while it is apart, pressurize the whole engine up to about 30 psi and check for leaks via block plates on intake and exhaust of turbo + air supplied in where the turbo inlet temp sensor goes. fix any leaks found.

after that, do a turbo inspection if u suspect ur new turbo.
https://youtu.be/ZUpKb5umv_0

Also verify you put the right turbo part# on your engine. Seen where stealers$it or other shops use wrong model turbo on engine assuming they are all same because they look same. They look same on outside but there are different turbo's w different turbines for different tier engines and it can greatly effect regen problems. Register an account on quickserv.cummins.com with your esn number and look up the right part#. Compare it to part# on turbo and invoice.
Hi Rawze,
I will take the cans out for cleaning sometime next week. I know it may sound dumb but what do you mean by pressurizing the whole engine? How I will do that?
Today anew code came on. Fault code 2973. Replaced the IMAP sensor 2 miles down the road the code came back on.
I fill like I will never be able to get this truck running. Thank you for help
replyreply
what is the ESN# on the engine?

replyreply
06-28-2020, (Subject: High exhaust back pressure ) 
(06-27-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  what is the ESN# on the engine?

ESN # 79589862
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.