New to me low mileage ISX
07-05-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
RE: New to me low mileage ISX
I'm dealing with a similar situation with a truck that sat for awhile. A big... huge thing is dont start it. Pull the valve cover and bar the engine over by hand. Check the cams and rollers for rust. Lot rot is awful. Moisture gets in to the engine and rusts things up. Make sure your cams and rollers aren't pitted and rotted. If they are you'll be replacing everything that's rusted. The last thing you want is chunks of rust coming off and going through the engine. Make sure everything looks good and pour some oil all over everything up there before you use the stater to fire it off.

Also before you get to caught up in working the truck you'll probably want address and frame rail rust or oxidation that is starting. Lot rot is awful.
replyreply
07-06-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
U joints and carrier bearing, replace all of that, been there done that.
replyreply
07-06-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
I just took the entire drive shaft sets to a drivline shop and had them spin balance them. Ended up 2 of the factory shafts where far enough out they had to replace 1 and weld the other back with in .003 tolerance. They installed the carrier bearing and all new u joints. $1600. Money well spent to catch factory shenanigans or something worn out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , JimT
07-14-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
So I have been trying to do more research on here in my free time. I am looking at the amsoil oil bypass filter. Am I reading the posts right that I will have to shim my oil pump if I am adding the bypass to make it work efficiently? Sorry I am taking in so much at once I can’t keep it all straight.
replyreply
07-15-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
(07-14-2020 )ahub86 Wrote:  So I have been trying to do more research on here in my free time. I am looking at the amsoil oil bypass filter. Am I reading the posts right that I will have to shim my oil pump if I am adding the bypass to make it work efficiently? Sorry I am taking in so much at once I can’t keep it all straight.

you should not have to shim your pump to run it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-15-2020, (Subject: New to me low mileage ISX ) 
Ok thank you!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.