Time to Inframe?
07-30-2020, (Subject: Time to Inframe? ) 
RE: Time to Inframe?
(07-30-2020 )JimT Wrote:  well, you don't have to twist my arm to accept that offer. I do however need a day or two to get myself prepared for a trip, then travel time. Things like clothes and food and most importantly explaining to the wife and daughter why I'll be gone for a few weeks.

That's right, they put 2250 parts in his truck! Hmm, that would be an interesting twist if it fit.

That cam is like new, and I left it there just for such an occasion. You're welcome Jim. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Hey that yard crane is awesome and a back saver, and that turbo lift crane.
replyreply
(07-30-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  That cam is like new, and I left it there just for such an occasion. You're welcome Jim. ;-)

We'll see if it matches up. My current cam looked great, except for that one spot. It's too bad.

Wish I had found this site prior to the fuel pump issue, maybe this could have been prevented. 5 months of nobody knowing what my fuel pressure code was for led me to do my own research. As soon as I found the info on this forum I ordered the parts, yanked the head and found the problem. At that point I was not in a situation to do anything except cross my fingers and hope for the best. I knew, after 5 months of a fuel pressure code, that I was lucky the engine still ran, but there would be a price to pay eventually. I'm just greatful that I was able to make it to a point where I can give this engine the proper care it deserves.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Jim, I hope it is the correct cam... Simply paying it forward. If it will work, I am glad to see she found a good home, and am glad I could help. ;-)

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , amermextrucker , JimT
This is really cool , fellow truckers helping each other like this. Its unfortunate that Jim has to incur an expense of this sort, but the outcome will be that he'll have a top notch engine afterwards. BIG THUMBS UP TO EVERYONE INVOLVED!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT
07-31-2020, (Subject: Time to Inframe? ) 
(07-30-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  This is really cool , fellow truckers helping each other like this. Its unfortunate that Jim has to incur an expense of this sort, but the outcome will be that he'll have a top notch engine afterwards. BIG THUMBS UP TO EVERYONE INVOLVED!

It is unfortunate and the timing could always be better. BUT the expense of an inframe is something I knew would eventually need to be done to any used tractor that I was looking to purchase. It was something I was planning for even before I started my business. But planning and reality don't always match up and in my case a few rookie business mistakes along with an unrelated personal issue set a series of events in motion that had me close to bankruptcy twice in 2019/early 2020. From the time I left Rawze's in the end of Feb I was finally able to dig out of the hole and be in position to move forward with some confidence. There's still a long way to go, but even with this situation I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and for once it's not a freight train.

I will say a big THANK YOU to everyone here. Whether you know it or not your comments, stories and experiences have helped me. Not just to become more mechanically proficient, but business wise too. I don't think I would still be operating right now if it wasn't for this community and Rawze, who makes it all possible.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hookliftpete , Mattman
Rawze is a mighty gracious man to help others the way he does.

Like JimT mentioned it isn't hard to go bankrupt with one of these machines.

Side note JimT mentioned explaining to his wife and daughter about being gone from home. Got me to thinking what's everyone's age? I haven't met any of y'all, but have always thought of most of you being 50 to 65 years old.

I am still a kid at 38 that still doesn't drink coffee. Haha

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
38. Daughter is 3. I've been mostly 'local' the past few months, going out monday morning and coming home friday night and sometimes during the week when the loads and home line up.

As for my troubles last year, the biggest problem wasn't equipment breakdowns or repairs, but general down time. I barely worked a total of 7 months in 2019, but the bills don't stop when the truck does. There were a large combination of factors that I don't want to get in to, but it just goes to show that there's more that goes in to a successful business then just the business related activities and you need to factor that in to your business plans.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mattman , redbeard , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.