Fault Code: 1145
08-22-2020, (Subject: Fault Code: 1145 ) 
Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 6 - Mechanical System Not Responding or Out of Adjustment

2013 ISX15 CM2350
Demandated April 2020 @m*m^2 from this form (name left off)
610,000 OD
6 new injectors and connectors 430,500 OD March 2018

Left Dallas on my twice a week run up to Colorado Springs. And at about 400 or so miles into my trip CEL comes on. I didn't immediately stop to check out what it was, but eventually did stop and hooked up Insite, it was an 1145 code. I cleared the code just to see if it would come back. I left Insite hooked up for the last 100 or so miles for the day. The CEL did come back, same code, but before I stopped for the night it went inactive. Fuel rail pressures were good.

Being in the middle of SE Colorado there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it and the fact is that the truck was running fine, no missing, no nothing. No MPG reduction. No loss of power. I cleared the code again and packed up my computer.

Got up the next morning, went on about my business. CEL back on again. I didn't even bother with Insite at this point. I made my delivery, put another 830 miles on it back home, CEL still on, same code. There are no other codes at all, just the 1145.

Anyone with any thoughts or ideas about this, or is it just a "replace the injector" and move on?
replyreply
08-22-2020, (Subject: Fault Code: 1145 ) 
RE: Fault Code: 1145
check the torque on the connecting wires at the injectors.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , JMBT
08-24-2020, (Subject: Fault Code: 1145 ) 
(08-22-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  check the torque on the connecting wires at the injectors.

Rawze I will be checking the torque on those injector connecting wires today, but had another thought too I wanted to run by you.

Back in April after the truck was demandated, I did a rebuild on the fuel pump, about 30k miles ago now.

A month or so ago I got a wacky code 313, which turned out to not even be a valid code for my serial #, but was pointing "Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 3 Circuit - Current Above Normal or Grounded Circuit" but again Insite said it wasn't valid to my engine. And as soon as I turned off the truck and restarted, the CEL immediately went off.

I realize that was a bad/ghost code, but a month later this new injector related 1145 shows up.

Do you think there's perhaps something going on with the HP Fuel Pump to cause this 1145 code? As I said, I haven't experienced any power issues, but I thought I'd bring that pump issue up since it was rebuilt recently.
replyreply
(08-24-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  
(08-22-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  check the torque on the connecting wires at the injectors.

Rawze I will be checking the torque on those injector connecting wires today, but had another thought too I wanted to run by you.

Back in April after the truck was demandated, I did a rebuild on the fuel pump, about 30k miles ago now.

A month or so ago I got a wacky code 313, which turned out to not even be a valid code for my serial #, but was pointing "Injector Solenoid Driver Cylinder 3 Circuit - Current Above Normal or Grounded Circuit" but again Insite said it wasn't valid to my engine. And as soon as I turned off the truck and restarted, the CEL immediately went off.

I realize that was a bad/ghost code, but a month later this new injector related 1145 shows up.

Do you think there's perhaps something going on with the HP Fuel Pump to cause this 1145 code? As I said, I haven't experienced any power issues, but I thought I'd bring that pump issue up since it was rebuilt recently.

insite7 does not always match the code to the correct info. -- always use quickserv to look up the code to be sure it is correct... especially on 2350's.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod
(08-24-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-24-2020 )kozakvod Wrote:  

insite7 does not always match the code to the correct info. -- always use quickserv to look up the code to be sure it is correct... especially on 2350's.

I did confirm with QS the info I was getting from insite. Everything in this situation did match up.
replyreply
I performed Injector Cut-out test - truck ran on all 6 injectors individually

Then performed at Fuel System Leak Test - lost 10kpsi in 60 secs. Did it 3 times same result. Rawze didnt you say it should be no more than 5k psi in 60 sec?

Visually on the exterior, there are no fuel leaks.

Going to pull the cover now and check the wire harness connectors to the injectors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
replyreply
Leaky injector or regulator mine loses maybe 500psi in an hour.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(08-24-2020 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Leaky injector or regulator mine loses maybe 500psi in an hour.

LS, does it stand to reason that the fact that I'm getting that 1145 fault that the #6 would be my issue?

BTW, when I hooked up to Insite, I had 4 counts of that fault and it was currently Inactive. But I was quite surprised to see that kind of pressure loss.
replyreply
08-25-2020, (Subject: Fault Code: 1145 ) 
Fuel Water Separator...

Racking my brain trying to understand these QS processes for leak testing injectors. I've come to the conclusion that I must be leaning to the stupid side.

Anyway, in the process of looking through these things something came to mind. My separator would always have fuel in it, but over the last month or so I noticed that the fuel level has been less and less, to the point that out of curiosity the other day I opened the drain spigot and it was ALMOST empty. It was shortly after that I got that 1145 code.

I stopped in Amarillo on my way home to have a PM, they of course removed that filter, new filter, etc. filled it up to about an 1" or so of fuel above the ring. Looked at it yesterday and again, fuel is not visible.

When I performed the High Pressure Leak test yesterday and watching the building pressure, it built up to about 16k and then dropped like a rock back to 9k-ish then begin building back again and as it was building up through the 20's I heard what sounded like high pressure air being sucked thru something, like a Shusshing sound that I have mentioned before on here when I was on the pedal building speed.

Could my problem be a bad Separator? Because that is the ONLY thing that's changed since my delete was done back in April. I never heard that shusshing sound before and I remember almost the exact spot in the road when I first heard it and I even asked my wife "do you hear that?" She did as well.

Of course they're not cheap and I don't want to replace it if that's not the problem, but what would cause the fuel level to go virtually to nothing inside the separator like that?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.