ISX same as X- series?
11-15-2020, (Subject: ISX same as X- series? ) 
ISX same as X- series?
just curious,
most of the topics here seem to apply to the is series engines...

I am waiting delivery of new X-15 "productivity" series.

how applicable are these isx series vs. the X- ???
are all the usual sensors in same locations?

how different are the after treatment systems... if at all?
any new short-cummins of the newest models?

i know the economy series had lots of problems when I was researching a couple years ago... hmmm

User's Signature: Newbeee O/O
2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
X-15 565 @1850 Re-"Productive series"
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
RE: ISX same as X- series?
do a google search from home page, and read read read. Any particular reason you went with an x15?. I have a 5 axle dump, with an cummins L9 that i'm very pleased with.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792
X-15 has a single module aftertreatment resembles an cm871 dpf almost, a few less sensors at the egr circuit. Supposedly the Productivity series is the bridge between the efficiency and performance series. Fuel pump is isolated so they say redesigned with individual heads instead of one unit. I'm about 210,000 miles on mine with almost no issues. Like every truck you either get a good one or you get garbage that bankrupts you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(11-15-2020 )rolling18 Wrote:  just curious,

i know the economy series had lots of problems when I was researching a couple years ago... hmmm

Is your revenue based on tonnage you haul?, if so consider going with a lighter truck.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
11-17-2020, (Subject: ISX same as X- series? ) 
(11-15-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(11-15-2020 )rolling18 Wrote:  just curious,

Is your revenue based on tonnage you haul?, if so consider going with a lighter truck.

my revenue is all hourly, and by the axle count. so not worried about weight

2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
(11-15-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  X-15 has a single module aftertreatment resembles an cm871 dpf almost, a few less sensors at the egr circuit. Supposedly the Productivity series is the bridge between the efficiency and performance series. Fuel pump is isolated so they say redesigned with individual heads instead of one unit. I'm about 210,000 miles on mine with almost no issues. Like every truck you either get a good one or you get garbage that bankrupts you.

Thats almost what happened with my first couple very used trucks..:

2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
(11-15-2020 )hhow55 Wrote:  do a google search from home page, and read read read. Any particular reason you went with an x15?. I have a 5 axle dump, with an cummins L9 that i'm very pleased with.

I WILL!!
I went with what I did because in my working area there are LOTS of hills and off road situations, and with my last couple trucks @ 485 they would crawl up. And I carry 18.5 ton...

In addition, I may want to pull a PUP in the future.. and with the Auto tranny that sucks up power too:(

If i was mostly in flatter areas I would get a smaller lighter motor/ truck...

2021 KW T880 5ax. Dumper
Allison. 4500RDS
replyreply
I know the fuel system on lower hp is like the ISX 2250 and 2350 but the bigger HP has a 2 line pump system to provide more fuel volume to the fuel rail... Crank case filter is diffrent, DOC DPF and SCR is in one big can together SCR is more open than as before... Havent seen a whole lot our way of having any issues so far....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.