ecm completed regens
01-13-2021, (Subject: ecm completed regens ) 
ecm completed regens
isx cm2250
ecm keeps calling for stationary regen
and after performing one
it counts as incomplete
and idle never returns to normal
replyreply
01-13-2021, (Subject: ecm completed regens ) 
RE: ecm completed regens
could be a lot of things. sensors bad or clogged, DOC washed out/no good, bad or stuck EGR valve, exhaust leak, bad,clogged or leaking dpf doser injector, DPF full of ash... and the list goes on...

Would need a lot more info to try to narrow it down. Truck and engine info/stats (year, mileage, regen history from insite, oil consumption/blowby, been inframed? operating coditions, driving style, etc...) EGR tuneup done recently?

A wild guess would be that DPF temps never get high enough to completely clean out the DPF. Maybe driving down the road it trys to active regen and you get a lot of white/blue smoke out the exhaust with a heavy fuel smell? Could be any of the items listed above, however based on the age of a 2250 engine I'd say the DOC probably needs to be replaced.

Could also be burning a lot of oil which is clogging up the DPF while it trys to regen. The oil coats the DOC and DPF quickly, reducing the effectiveness of the DOC and when it does burn off it leaves behind ash which will clog up the DPF. Add that to an aged DOC that probably isn't oxidizing very well and you get endless regen cycles, eventual derates and clogged up DPF.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
01-14-2021, (Subject: ecm completed regens ) 
900000 miles
oil consumption
1 gallon 10000 miles
no inframe

regen history shows
every 3 hours

it does the whiteblue smoke
with heavy fuel smell

during stationary regen
temps rise and stay at
expected levels
strange thing is
code 2639
will go inactive
but count as incomplete
regen and does not return to idle

will tear into egr system
when i get this pos
home
replyreply
With 900k miles on that engine and 1 gal every 10k consumption, I am surprised it functions at all at this point.

going thru the entire EGR system and cleaning it out + EGR coolar and valve, cross piping, etc... will improve it greatly, but that oil consumption rate is going to dictate that the DOC and DPf elements will have to be pulled off every 100k miles or so to have baked (on a proper machine), de-ashed, and flow tested just to keep the buildup out.

just putting it into perspective there for ya.

900k on a 2250 is a LOT of miles... a LOT.. so I hope you also have your slush-fund built up for that inframe that is inevitable in its near future.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  With 900k miles on that engine and 1 gal every 10k consumption, I am surprised it functions at all at this point.

going thru the entire EGR system and cleaning it out + EGR coolar and valve, cross piping, etc... will improve it greatly, but that oil consumption rate is going to dictate that the DOC and DPf elements will have to be pulled off every 100k miles or so to have baked (on a proper machine), de-ashed, and flow tested just to keep the buildup out.

900k on a 2250 is a LOT of miles... a LOT.. so I hope you also have your slush-fund built up for that inframe that is inevitable in its near future.

youre right
its getting to the end of life.

would you know how insite calculates soot load?
i disabled egr by unplugging egr temp sensor
and soot numbers are coming down
with egr system on
soot numbers shoot up
replyreply
(01-14-2021 )jman1978 Wrote:  would you know how insite calculates soot load?

By estimating how much the engine might be making + what it measures with the DPF Delta-p and other sensors.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  By estimating how much the engine might be making + what it measures with the DPF Delta-p and other sensors.

thanks for the information
i want to learn how to use c@lterm
can you point me in the right direction
reading , videos , classes.... etc
replyreply
(01-14-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  With 900k miles on that engine and 1 gal every 10k consumption, I am surprised it functions at all at this point.

If the filters show signs of oil most places will not bake them do to the risk of damaging the oven, thats the word I got from the 2 around here that actually have the equipment to do it
replyreply
01-19-2021, (Subject: ecm completed regens ) 
Sorry for the lag in response...

Based on your reply and my own first hand knowledge I'd say you need a new DOC and probably a new DPF. I had nearly the same issue. While a soot reduction by disabling the EGR might point to a faulty EGR valve, it's unlikely to be the main problem with incomplete regens.

The blue/white smoke and heavy fuel smell points to a lack of proper oxidation at the DOC. If it's occasional it might be related to exhaust leaks (especially common from a damaged exhaust bellows just after the turbo), EGR valve malfunction and DPF injector clogging/dripping (carbon buildup around the injector, bad or leaking injector, failed "dpf purge air actuator" which doesn't properly clear fuel from the lines allowing excess to potentially drain out through the injector into the exhaust). But if the problem persists then the DOC itself is just plain worn out.

Unfortunately when the fuel passing through the DOC doesn't oxidize and burn properly then it coats the DPF in addition to any ash or soot. This leads to greater exhaust restriction and the need for more frequent and increasingly less effective regens. Active regens typically fail, spew lots of blue/white smoke, cause temp alarms at the SCR can. Parked regens will usually work, but sometimes last much longer. Eventually the increased use of parked regens will wear out the DOC to the point that even those will fail.

I had these exact symptoms develop over the course of a year and a half and found myself at the point of impending doom almost exactly 11 months ago...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , redbeard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.