Inframe
02-15-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
RE: Inframe
(02-15-2021 )amermextrucker Wrote:  Really cool, its great to know that there are true professionals out there that take pride in what they do. Congrats.

Jerry and his crew are professionals. They take their time, check and double check. The two weeks I was there I liked what I saw.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , PuroCumminsPower
02-16-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
(02-15-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Congratulations! Looks like Jerry and the Team did a stand up job. LOOKS FANTASTIC!

This is how a real shop operates! I remember starting mine up for the first time after months of downtime in Rawze's driveway, for her SECOND in frame...

Here it is, the first attempt to start... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hdRaSD9mqk

And everyone had a hand in mine, Rawze, Jerry and even Allison... You now have a million mile motor.

Now run her like you stole her, she will love the higher RPMs, run her up to 1800 or 1900 RPMs and run her like that, she will eat it up. I still run mine like that, ease into her and she just purrs... Lots of power... Sharp truck too. ;-)

And I have to agree, it is never fun leaving Griffin GA.

And remember to do the overhead at roughly 70,000 miles or so. Do it yourself, that way you know it is done right.
Allison kept cranking it with the ECM unplugged, I believe getting the oil moving around. Also letting the pump run and pushing the bleeder in. She fired right up and sounded so good.
Can't wait to get her back working. She looks great dragging a big ol load of steel down the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , PuroCumminsPower
02-18-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
So, an update on the inframe and I think some good information. I was heading to DC with my first load on Tuesday. Stopped at Roanoke Rapids, NC Walmart for provision for the week. I saw oil under the engine so I checked it out. It was leaking from the drivers side bottom of the pan. Like the bleeding Picasso, oil was coming right out of the paint. I made some calls and weighed my options and decided it needed to go back to the house. I bought brake clean, 5 second JB Weld steel glue, and JB Weld puddy. I used to love watching the old MacGyver TV shows. I cleaned it up and put a finger on the leak. I moved my finger and used the 5 second glue to keep any oil from coming out. I let it harden then mixed up the puddy and made a nice patch. I left it dry for over a hour and it worked great. It wasn't a gushing leak but a Class 3, drop formed and dripping. I kept stopping and checking and it never leaked a bit. So once home every single pan we found was rusted with pits. So Jerry's daughter Kaitlin, parts finder extraordinair, found me a new one in Greensboro, NC 404.00 with tax. It's a PAI but we used the Cummins gasket. Look at the drain plugs in the picture. I like it better than the Cummins.
So, now for the good part. After removing the pan we discovered that the dip stick had rubbed a hole from the inside out. Yes, the dip stick.... I sent pictures to Jerry and he checked some oil pans they have there and all had rub marks from the dip stick. So we removed a little over a quarter inch from the bottom of the stick. I guess this is another dirty little secret that Cummins is hiding.
So she's back together with fresh oil and filter and gear oil. Can't deliver till Monday because of the weather up there. But I drove her around and she's ready to go again.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , amermextrucker , marek4792 , Waterloo , redbeard , PuroCumminsPower , RocketScott , dhirocz
When I did my inframe I found the same issue. Had Mr Hagg just weld up the rub area with his welder. Been fine now for 450k miles.
replyreply
(02-18-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  When I did my inframe I found the same issue. Had Mr Hagg just weld up the rub area with his welder. Been fine now for 450k miles.

We didn't notice the rub mark when it was apart doing the inframe. But shortening the dip stick it can't rub now.
replyreply
02-19-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
Nice to see people getting good results, keeps me motivated. I'm in the middle of mine now, pulling the liners tomorrow morning so I can order parts.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Any issues with the plugs in the new pan? I bought one of those PAI pans nearly a year ago and had the truck back the next day because the recesses before the threads was too small for the Orings they supply with their plugs. I had to squeeze a smaller profile oring over the plugs.

A bit of an inconvenience but not a deal breaker when they're 1/4 the cost of a genuine pan.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ricky
(02-19-2021 )Signature620 Wrote:  Any issues with the plugs in the new pan? I bought one of those PAI pans nearly a year ago and had the truck back the next day because the recesses before the threads was too small for the Orings they supply with their plugs. I had to squeeze a smaller profile oring over the plugs.

A bit of an inconvenience but not a deal breaker when they're 1/4 the cost of a genuine pan.

I didn't see any issues and there were extra O rings. But that's good to know, I will keep an eye on them. I like the plugs on the bottom, should drain all the oil unlike Cummins. It came with a gasket but we reused the Cummins one since it was new. I gave the PAI one to my friend, he builds a lot of motors for guys on a budget. I did find some information on line about others having trouble with dip sticks rubbing the pan.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
03-31-2021, (Subject: Inframe ) 
(02-19-2021 )Ricky Wrote:  
(02-19-2021 )Signature620 Wrote:  Any issues with the plugs in the new pan? I bought one of those PAI pans nearly a year ago and had the truck back the next day because the recesses before the threads was too small for the Orings they supply with their plugs. I had to squeeze a smaller profile oring over the plugs.

I didn't see any issues and there were extra O rings. But that's good to know, I will keep an eye on them. I like the plugs on the bottom, should drain all the oil unlike Cummins. It came with a gasket but we reused the Cummins one since it was new. I gave the PAI one to my friend, he builds a lot of motors for guys on a budget. I did find some information on line about others having trouble with dip sticks rubbing the pan.

So I had the oil changed today because I have been out a lot. I was going to change it Saturday but it stormed and I left early Sunday. But I had them take the center plug out to get a good drain. Here are two pictures of what came out. I showed it to Jerry and the guy who replaced the oil pan. It doesn't look familiar to anyone. Has anyone seen anything like this with an ISX? Is it possible that it was in one of the oil jugs when the pan was replaced? I bought the oil and gear oil from a local Walmart. I don't see any issues with the engine. And there are no marks on the piece that came out. I'm really thinking it came from inside one of the jugs of oil.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.