Good fuel card
04-18-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
RE: Good fuel card
Not positive, but I think it was largely the high and gusty winds along with the cold air. On more than one occasion I noticed that it would take more boost to get down the road than normal. Also my tractor is very sensitive to being pushed around by the wind. I spent a lot of time fighting the steering every time it gusted or I had head/tail winds. It was also noticeable when trying to throw straps over my 13'6" loads and the wind would try to blow them off. One time I had to throw the same strap 3 times because the wind blew it back to me AFTER it started to arc over the load. There certainly could have been other factors at work but this was really noticable. The wind at highway speeds sounded like I was traveling west on 80 through Nebraska or Wyoming, constant howling.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Speaking of fuel in PA...

"this driver watched a big rig roll by slam into truck stop"

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
My fuel took a hit this 1st quarter as well. I'm not running any elevation change like most of you guys, but the weather has been pretty nuts here on the South. The wind/rain have been flat out violent. Makes the loads I haul right at or above gross very easily.

At 8mpg flat for the quarter (which I know many would love to have), but as hard as I work for it, I'd sure like to at least match last year's numbers. Def disappointed about the outcome, but unfortunately we can't control the weather.
replyreply
04-19-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
Just got in touch with NASTC....seems like some of their fees went up since the first time I spoke to them.

Annual fee - $300
Card Monthly Main fee - $4.95
Annual safety fee - $100
Monthly safety fee - $32

Def adds up quick, however, if you attend their class...yada yada yada... the annual fee will drop to $250, and the safety (annual/monthly) will go away. If you do not attend their class, the safety fee (monthly) will never go away. I'm assuming the class is an advertising campaign for their services.

Class has the potential to save you $534 the first year, and about $434 thereafter.

With the class, the card/membership will cost you $309.4/yr as long as you stay within there network of fuel stops. Waiting for the email now to see some more info on this 'educational' class they have near Nashville...
replyreply
Hopefully you don't leave the class owning a time share.....

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Waterloo
^^----right!, lol!!!
replyreply
05-09-2021, (Subject: Good fuel card ) 
Just a follow up on the fuel card situation. Forum member Zondo956 sent me a PM about a card from XPO Logistics (apparently formerly Jacobson network). I did a little research and went ahead and picked it up. Here's a few details on the program I have.

- Weekly payments required (can be online or auto draft, both have no fee)
- One time $60 set-up fee
- $1/use in network fee, $2/use out of network fee
- It's a credit account (with approved credit obviously)
- Other than the fees mentioned, there are no others

Have been averaging an $.08-.10 discount off the mom n pop stops (plus my card benefits) at the 2 T/As along my lane. Last fill up was $.37 off cash price at Slidell, La T/A.

The website they offer seems to be ok at best, I'm sure it will get better once they fully transition to the XPO Logistics company. The pricing app they currently have unfortunately doesn't work (on Apple at least).

Thanks again Zondo for the recommendation!
replyreply
MUDDFLAP app has been working well for me
replyreply
That card has been working for me. It was a little hassle getting it when I did but seems easier now that it’s XPO. Hopefully they make it better all around as time passes.
When I was getting that fuel card you could do pre paid or credit account. I’m not sure if that’s still an option.
I wish I could compare it to NASTC and Landstar discounts to see where it stands.
Hope it keeps working out for you!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.