Oil leak on backside of motor
09-17-2021, (Subject: Oil leak on backside of motor ) 
Oil leak on backside of motor
The leak is on the back of the motor.WhAt can be causing this?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Oil leak on backside of motor
This is the backside.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202109/post_3735_1631855819_deb8e9f8b9d71702c67a9ff73e37c43d.png
replyreply
Back side.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Back.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/202109/post_3735_1631856064_2d52d031c774a14c635777566fa5c394.jpeg
replyreply
The 2 main culprits are the rear cam cover (very simple fix) or the flywheel housing gasket (very labor intensive because the trans has to come out, rear engine mounts unbolted, oil pan off, engine blocked up)

Other culprits are head gasket leaking and possibly the valve cover leaking in the back.

You next move is to clean all the oil off and have a mirror on a stick to keep checking on it to see exactly were the oil is coming from then running the engine till you can see where it's coming from.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Signature620 , Nostalgic , Redland1 , LargeCar , JMBT
That also looks like a "Baldwin" (after-market) brand of fuel filter in the first pic.

I HOPE LIKE ALL H#ELL THAT YOUR NOT USING BALDWIN OIL FILTERS TOO!!!...

REF: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid22182

====================

./uploads/202109/post_2_1631880095_f640dba569d5c0693d870d3de7442eb0.png

(From left to right) ...

* (far left) Your oil dip-stick line is not secure. That is not good for it ... causes it to vibrate and bounce around going down the road. This is an issue.

* There is a small Wire that is A:) Unprotected by split-loom .. and B:) Rubbing against the oput-side of a clamp where it can short out.

* There is ANOTHER larger set of wires running over a sharp part of the frame.. same thing ... potential for a short or other problems.

* (far right) You Also have an un-protected (plastic, colored pink) air line running against the compressor outlet air-line. THAT compressor air-line (silver braided line) GETS VERY VERY HOT during normal operation. It will cause the other (pink) air line to get brittle prematurely and fail... if not melt a hole thru it one day.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Redland1 , LargeCar , JMBT
(09-17-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  That also looks like a "Baldwin" (after-market) brand of fuel filter in the first pic.

I HOPE LIKE ALL H#ELL THAT YOUR NOT USING BALDWIN OIL FILTERS TOO!!!...

REF: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid22182

====================

(From left to right) ...

* (far left) Your oil dip-stick line is not secure. That is not good for it ... causes it to vibrate and bounce around going down the road. This is an issue.

* There is a small Wire that is A:) Unprotected by split-loom .. and B:) Rubbing against the oput-side of a clamp where it can short out.

* There is ANOTHER larger set of wires running over a sharp part of the frame.. same thing ... potential for a short or other problems.

* (far right) You Also have an un-protected (plastic, colored pink) air line running against the compressor outlet air-line. THAT compressor air-line (silver braided line) GETS VERY VERY HOT during normal operation. It will cause the other (pink) air line to get brittle prematurely and fail... if not melt a hole thru it one day.

Damn Rawze good thing you ain’t a truck enforcement officer lol.You don’t miss a thing.I thought the issues with the Baldwin Filters were fixed? Once I get back to the house I’ll secure all those wires and hoses or put some protection around them.The truck is an 03’ but the previous owner had the original block crack and he purchased a used 400k 04’ motor but I guess that dipstick doesn’t have the same mounting area. What do you think about the leak?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , PuroCumminsPower
(09-17-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Damn Rawze good thing you ain’t a truck enforcement officer lol.You don’t miss a thing.

Actually, our (trucking) world would be a much better place if DOT were more like Rawze. Get the dangerous junk off the highway, AND educate guys to potential issues on their trucks without making it about taking money from them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Rawze , LargeCar , PuroCumminsPower
(09-17-2021 )Nostalgic Wrote:  
(09-17-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Damn Rawze good thing you ain’t a truck enforcement officer lol.You don’t miss a thing.

Actually, our (trucking) world would be a much better place if DOT were more like Rawze. Get the dangerous junk off the highway, AND educate guys to potential issues on their trucks without making it about taking money from them.

I know.Just wanted to point out that he had a good eye.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , PuroCumminsPower

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.