A BAD DELETE?
06-16-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
RE: A BAD DELETE?
Ok I was able to help him get C@ltrim installed and working we downloaded the cal which according to his ESN was the wrong cal and cpl
It had CL10053 (500hp/1850tq) loaded and ESN said CL10138 (450hp/1750tq)
Rawze you have mail lol
replyreply
yup ... another typical run-of-the-mill garbage program bad delete...

Summary:
* Many Errors have been suppressed from showing up in the dash of the vehicle. This is problematic and causes a repair shop to have limited ability to troubleshoot engine problems. Some of those errors are also directly related to VG Turbocharger problems. This can lead to Serious mis-diagnosis of the engine if there are turbo issues.

* The program in the ECM does not match the vehicle requirements. This is less than optimal and will lead to lower then normal fuel mileage and other vehicle incompatibilities. Someone has installed the wrong CPL program into the engine in attempts to raise horsepower settings incorrectly.

* The program in the ECM does not match the internal engine hardware. This will leas to incorrect injection timing, incorrect fueling quantites, less than optimal engine efficiency, and a shortened engine life. Someone has installed the wrong CPL program into the engine in attempts to raise horsepower settings incorrectly.

* This program lacks any necessary corrections to engine operating mode control logic. Many of these modes deal specifically with exhaust device (DOC/DPF/SCR element) heating, and they are all still active. With no editing of the engine mode control logic, the engine will continue to enter one or more of these operating modes resulting in the engine creating extra heat in the exhaust all the time by way of over-working the turbocharger and cylinders in attempts to warm up an emissions system that is no longer present. This is harmful to both the engine and the turbo, causing higher than normal friction all the time, significantly shortening engine life. It should be noted that this mistake/oversight is one of the most common (and most damaging) mistakes that is seen in bad delete programming.

* The injector quantity vs. power does not match the hardware. This leads to the ecm placing incorrect fuel quantities into the cylinders that it can account for. The result is loss of proper cylinder balancing, the ecm will lie and report incorrect fuel mileage numbers into the dash of the vehicle. It also alters power/torque that the ecm cannot account for.

* Many of the engine Derate limiters are still in place. This can lead to unknown power/torque losses, and is likely the reason someone deceptively edited injector quantity vs. fuel. It shows a lack of understanding of these systems and how to properly switch them off.

* Only a partial removal of auxiliary Emissions has been done. This leads to inconsistencies in engine operation and power levels. Amonia and Nox gas combustion clamping is still in place for all engine operating modes. With the emissions systems removed, the engine will try to control these directly by altering the combustion cycle heavily... leading to unpredictable power/torque, and other issues.

* The turbocharger has NOT been re-programmed for proper fuel-air mix with consideration to the missing egr gas. This will lead to the engine running too lean all the time and a shortened engine life will result.

- Overall, this program is moderately harmful to the engine and its turbocharger. Th missing mode control re-mapping will lead to the engine unpredictably jumping engine modes, resulting in unstable conditions, power losses, silent ghost derates, possibly an over-spooling VGT turbo, inefficient combustion, excess exhaust heat produced and a shortened engine life due to incorrect injection timing and improper fuel-air-mix. This program is a recipe for disaster.

full review:
.pdf  01-Review_20210616.pdf (Size: 52.59 KB / Downloads: 121)

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RollinCoal
Well Im glad I could save his engine
Thanks Rawze
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-08-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
Hi Everyone , I’m new here and dealing with a bad VGT Turbo problem on my 2012 Cascadia Isx 15 cm2250

I bought this truck and got the delete done with the same guy that did my 3 09 year model trucks with Isx older version (no problems at all with those trucks ) , I really believe he didn’t do a good job on this 2012 Isx15 (cm2250) because the noises coming out of the turbo and the exhaust are always erratic and I always have a VGT actuator out of calibration check engine light on , I have replaced the turbo and the actuator 3 times and still the same but other than the weird noises and turbo perforomce the trucks was running just fine (but still believe something is not right with the way turbo sounds ) and the engine didn’t lasted more than 8 or 9 months after delete was done .However I have rebuilded the engine and took the truck back to this guy to make sure he gets the calibration right but it ended up worse now , he tried to reprogram it and what I’m getting now is black smoke and the turbo doesn’t seems to work at all . Engine is powerless now and tried take to another guy who told me that adding more HP will make the truck run strong again , ( I know that is completely a joke because the truck pulls but still blowing black smoke and turbo not working either ) .

I was hoping I can use some advancing here at this forum , it got the point where I don’t know where to take the truck anymore , so I bought me a Diagnostic computer , I got pretty good , I wanted to see if somebody can check and review my ECM calibration and make sure it sits as it should be to de-mandate the engine the right way !
replyreply
There should be a weather pack connector on top of the intake shaped like a diamond with 2 wires going into it. Remove the cap check and make sure with key off that you have around 60 ohms resistance. If not and it's higher like 120 ohms then you are missing a terminating resistor on the j1939 communications wiring. This can cause many electrical issues and fried turbo actuators.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
you also need to copy the file out of the truck and e-mail it to me for review.. I will tell you exactly what someone did, and if it is ok, or harmful.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-08-2021 )Jay Wrote:  Hi Everyone , I’m new here and dealing with a bad VGT Turbo problem on my 2012 Cascadia Isx 15 cm2250

I bought this truck and got the delete done with the same guy that did my 3 09 year model trucks with Isx older version (no problems at all with those trucks ) , I really believe he didn’t do a good job on this 2012 Isx15 (cm2250) because the noises coming out of the turbo and the exhaust are always erratic and I always have a VGT actuator out of calibration check engine light on , I have replaced the turbo and the actuator 3 times and still the same but other than the weird noises and turbo perforomce the trucks was running just fine (but still believe something is not right with the way turbo sounds ) and the engine didn’t lasted more than 8 or 9 months after delete was done .However I have rebuilded the engine and took the truck back to this guy to make sure he gets the calibration right but it ended up worse now , he tried to reprogram it and what I’m getting now is black smoke and the turbo doesn’t seems to work at all . Engine is powerless now and tried take to another guy who told me that adding more HP will make the truck run strong again , ( I know that is completely a joke because the truck pulls but still blowing black smoke and turbo not working either ) .

I was hoping I can use some advancing here at this forum , it got the point where I don’t know where to take the truck anymore , so I bought me a Diagnostic computer , I got pretty good , I wanted to see if somebody can check and review my ECM calibration and make sure it sits as it should be to de-mandate the engine the right way !

It being a CM2250 (assuming you live in a country where that stuff is allowed),
Sad part is that you could have de-mandated that thing yourself for free... the right way ... if ya would have just asked around on here before wasting all your time and money on 'guys you trust' which is by the way.. a complete joke!.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
09-17-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
Hello,

I have a 2013 peterbilt 389 with a cm2250 how do I find out what trim file I need for completing a delete? I have access to calterm just wasn't sure which file it is.

Thanks,

Jim
replyreply
09-17-2021, (Subject: A BAD DELETE? ) 
(09-17-2021 )fnr12 Wrote:  Hello,

I have a 2013 peterbilt 389 with a cm2250 how do I find out what trim file I need for completing a delete? I have access to calterm just wasn't sure which file it is.

Thanks,

Jim

By “trim file” you mean ecfg, or meta file, plug into the truck and use Calterm to start a module session. When it asks which ecfg to use just choose anything you have and start the session. It will then inform you whether or not your using the correct file and if not what the correct file would be.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.