Help Code 2636
12-02-2021, (Subject: Help Code 2636 ) 
RE: Help Code 2636
(12-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Are you using the same bad delete that was in it before? If so you probably won't ever see a fault code because most have been blocked. Your gonna need to get that tune straightened out before you go much further.

Someone could have thrown away the second terminating resistor when they hacked and slashed the harness so forget about looking for it and just wire in a new one.

Its a different tune than what it had when it came in. I was told this tune has been used in other trucks with same setup with no issues but idk.The only harness that was cut up was the engine harness because the truck came in with nothing but a manifold and non vgt turbo on the passenger side of the engine. I replaced the engine harness with brand new harness and plugged everything in that was there even if it wasn't being used. The reman engine was ordered as a factory drop in so it came with all the factory emissions stuff on the engine already installed.

Where would be a good place to wire in a terminating resistor for this, and what resistor would I need to get
replyreply
I guarantee that tune your using is garbage. You'll need to send a copy to Rawze for review.

You can't just pull programs out of trucks and dump them into other trucks willy nilly, it doesn't work that way. Your in the right place if you want good advice, I just hope you're not to bullheaded to take it.

When I had this problem I just wired the resistor in on the j1939 wires right before they go into any of the emissions components. On that particular truck it was right at the end of the cab.That effectively ends the harness right there.

Just call the dealer (any dealer) and order a terminating resistor, doesn't matter what it's meant for any will work.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BLAKE7700
Need to check resistance at turbo actuator. What you will find is its a open circuit due to the butcher job. You will need to add a 120 ohm resistor inline (where the wires used to go to the emissions systems). With actuator plugged in and you should get 60 ohms.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to us and I can walk you through it over the phone...We do this all the time due to bad DPF components causing turbo data line to be corrupt
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , BLAKE7700
(12-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  I guarantee that tune your using is garbage. You'll need to send a copy to Rawze for review.

You can't just pull programs out of trucks and dump them into other trucks willy nilly, it doesn't work that way. Your in the right place if you want good advice, I just hope you're not to bullheaded to take it.

When I had this problem I just wired the resistor in on the j1939 wires right before they go into any of the emissions components. On that particular truck it was right at the end of the cab.That effectively ends the harness right there.

Just call the dealer (any dealer) and order a terminating resistor, doesn't matter what it's meant for any will work.

The tune that was put on this truck was out of my control. I will email a copy of it to Rawze
replyreply
(12-02-2021 )BLAKE7700 Wrote:  ...
The tune that was put on this truck was out of my control. I will email a copy of it to Rawze

What tree98 is trying to tel you is that you cannot just "copy" the program out of one truck and into another. THIS IS BAD.. even if they are identical trucks and engines,,. make model, everything. This is because the injector trim offsets, cylinder balancing info, trip info, mileage, sudden stop history, and all the other collected data for the other truck will now be incorrect.. and NO the ecm has no magic sauce to fix itself.. It will simply be all incorrect and the engine will not run as well as it should. Most of that data is collected and set the first few hours or engine run after a fresh factory re-flash.. and it does not"auto-correct" any of it again, once it has set in.

I.E.> ITS BAD PRACTICE AND I SEE PPL DO THIS A LOT!!!.. because they simply do not know any better.

===========

NEXT would be that since more than 90% of all de-mandate programming is horribly bad .. even if the truck seems to run ok.. YES, you need to get it reviewed right away. Also, since this is the case, you should not be paying people moneys for doing this same, unknown-quality (more than 90% likely) garbage-can programming.

I see you sent the program to me .. so ... before actually calling it bad pre-maturely, I would like to review it. .. However, it is ina format that is NOT cummins compatible. Maybe some absolute '.ctz' Winols garbage file?.. or EFI?... but it ain't cummins!. This point even further towards that it is likely nothing but more engine killing garbage!.

PULL A COPY OF THE RUNNING FILE OUT OF THE ECM USING CALTERM .. and send me the actual (legitimate) engine file that is running in the ecm!. What you sent me is completely useless!

- Also there is the question of ... Did someone copy the file out of another truck? and dump it into your ecm?.. or did they make this program, starting with a clean factory program for your exact engine?. That is something I cannot tell just form the program alone sometimes.

??

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
When I said the same file was in other trucks with same setup I meant the same guy has done the same thing for other trucks but used the factory file from each different truck and made the same changes to make de mandated files. At least that's what I was told. Sorry I said that wrong. This guy does use efi. I can send a file of truck using calterm tomorrow. Have not driven the truck or moved it but didn't have to to find this problem
replyreply
12-03-2021, (Subject: Help Code 2636 ) 
(12-02-2021 )BLAKE7700 Wrote:  When I said the same file was in other trucks with same setup I meant the same guy has done the same thing for other trucks but used the factory file from each different truck and made the same changes to make de mandated files. At least that's what I was told. Sorry I said that wrong. This guy does use efi. I can send a file of truck using calterm tomorrow. Have not driven the truck or moved it but didn't have to to find this problem

If the guy uses EFI.. then its just about 100% guaranteed that the program is complete garbage. I have never seen a program that someone made with EFI that was worth 2 cents!. Not for the pick-up trucks, not for the ISX.. not for any engine for that matter.. yet these "tuning' fools use it and rely on it out of sheer complete ignorance!. EFI is horrible software for these engines and its 'delete' functions are beyond bad!

Send me the file after its copied out using Calterm.. Let us once again, for the hundredth time, verify this claim.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-03-2021, (Subject: Help Code 2636 ) 
I was going to send you a file today but with the help of another member on this forum the problems have been found and fixed. First problem was a missing terminating resistor so I added a 120 ohm resister to the circuit. Still did not fix it but after that I was getting the correct resistance readings on the data ink wires. For the other problem i was not getting the correct amount of voltage to the vgt actuator from the ecm. I tested the brand new engine harness and it was good. Had battery voltage going into ecm had 9.7 volts coming out of ecm pin 10 on engine harness connector one for the vgt actuator supply. I was ready to put a ecm on it thinking it was bad. A very helpful member of this forum talked to me over phone and looked at the ecm file through team viewer and determined it needed a different ecm file. The new file was uploaded using calterm and insite and that fixed my problem. I had battery voltage coming out of ecm on pin 10 for engine harness connector one going to vgt actuator connector and I had battery voltage at vgt connector. No code. No stop engine light. The truck ran way smoother and was more responsive. I am sorry I didnt check the ecm file sooner, I was told more than once there shouldn't be anything wrong with the ecm file through efi so I keep looking for other causes. I haven't test drove truck since i am still waiting on new exhaust flange so I can hook the exhaust up, but my problem seems to be fixed. Thank you so much for everyone's help and input!!
replyreply
12-04-2021, (Subject: Help Code 2636 ) 
(12-03-2021 )BLAKE7700 Wrote:  I was told more than once there shouldn't be anything wrong with the ecm file through efi

And we told you from the start that it WAS a problem lol, I'm glad you got it fixed.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.