Aftermarket Intake/Exhaust Manifold
01-05-2022, (Subject: Aftermarket Intake/Exhaust Manifold ) 
Aftermarket Intake/Exhaust Manifold
So that "big" tuning company, {name removed} has two products out for the Cummins ISX, an aftermarket Intake and aftermarket Exhaust manifold. I know their tunes are awful for the life of the engine, but I had some questions on these two products.

The exhaust manifold {rest of statement deleted by rawze - Suspected Advertising}

The intake manifold {rest of statement deleted by rawze - Suspected Advertising}

I am wondering whether these two products provide any benefit (with or without proper tuning)? {rest of statement deleted by rawze - Suspected Advertising}
replyreply
RE: Aftermarket Intake/Exhaust Manifold
Sounds to me like You have totally been completely drinking the cool-aide on that one.

Those stupid things have been tested on dynos + thermal imaged and have shown time and again that they are almost always a total complete waste of moneys!.

It is like the advertisements on the front of a dog-food bag. All that fake crap that you have bought into there is designed to sell you on meat and all things that the gullable owner thinks that a dog would crave.. but you look at the back and you find out its all hype and filler.

If you disagree, then your on the wrong damn forum for sure... as I will call that kind of brainwashed crap out in a hurry!.

Here is some more posts like this: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid51843

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vancity , amermextrucker
While trying to stay in the spirit of Rawze's forum, I will say that I bought the exhaust manifold for my 871 locally because it was in stock, and the OE wasn't. Price was about the same. Coating is garbage, but after 2 years, there's no leaks at the joints, and no warping or gasket problems.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vancity
(01-05-2022 )Nostalgic Wrote:  While trying to stay in the spirit of Rawze's forum, I will say that I bought the exhaust manifold for my 871 locally because it was in stock, and the OE wasn't. Price was about the same. Coating is garbage, but after 2 years, there's no leaks at the joints, and no warping or gasket problems.

And my OEM one is more than 1.4 million miles old.. and has never leaked or had gasket problems either. -- So your message to me sounds like it was simply a matter of convenience.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Vancity
(01-05-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-05-2022 )Nostalgic Wrote:  While trying to stay in the spirit of Rawze's forum, I will say that I bought the exhaust manifold for my 871 locally because it was in stock, and the OE wasn't. Price was about the same. Coating is garbage, but after 2 years, there's no leaks at the joints, and no warping or gasket problems.

And my OEM one is more than 1.4 million miles old.. and has never leaked or had gasket problems either. -- So your message to me sounds like it was simply a matter of convenience.

Pretty much. No advantage to it at all, but it does function in exhausting exhaust from the head to the turbo without issues lol. No reason to replace a good stock manifold with it, but at the same time, from a practical standpoint, I don't see anything wrong with it either. Now if I personally had your experience with said company it would probably make me throw up in my mouth a little to say that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vancity
01-06-2022, (Subject: Aftermarket Intake/Exhaust Manifold ) 
(01-05-2022 )Nostalgic Wrote:  ...
Pretty much. No advantage to it at all, but it does function in exhausting exhaust from the head to the turbo without issues lol. No reason to replace a good stock manifold with it, but at the same time, from a practical standpoint, I don't see anything wrong with it either. Now if I personally had your experience with said company it would probably make me throw up in my mouth a little to say that.

I am just not a fan of giving any money to companies who knowingly and wilfully destroy people's engines on a daily basis and smile about it. - it would be a cold day in h#ell before i gave that big-name tuning company any of my money.. even if i did have to wait several months for an OEM instead.. but that is just me. - i am not about to feed their advertising machine .. not one damn bit!@.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vancity , DSTdriver
I can say this I have installed it on several guys trucks that was very conservative drivers and they too was looking for a mpg gain as advertised. I agree it did look good however all was ot happy to know what they spent and no MPG gain. The only thing we did notice was exhaust temps was down maybe 25 to 50 degrees and we had to remap turbo some as boost was alittle to high it gained 4 lbs.... Then in about 2 years or less the exhaust manifold turns and will have some rust look to it... So at the end of the day was a short time high so to speak and personally do not think its worth the money....Thats is just my 2 cents....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Vancity , amermextrucker , DSTdriver
Im in the market for a new manifold myself for the x15. From what i see is the puke power or whatever brand manifold is $1500ish compared to $300ish for an oe manifold. Ur not gonna convince me that aftermarket crap is gonna give me over a grand worth of benefit. Those people are thieves plain and simple.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Vancity , Rawze , amermextrucker

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.