04 cm 870 oil consumption
01-04-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
04 cm 870 oil consumption
Hello all. On my most recent oil change I switched to Mystik 15w50 and had to add a gallon of oil at 6k and another gallon at 10k which I have never had to top off nowhere near as much.Is it the new oil or something else?
replyreply
RE: 04 cm 870 oil consumption
Mystic s the 'Citgo'/south american competitor for Rotalla(shell), and Delo(chevron), and Delvac(Mobile) brands of oils.

If you change brands of oil then the rings will take time to re-seat. This is why I tell people not to change oil brands too often. Some oils also have less "sticktion" modifiers in them, allowing for more oil consumption.

All brands of oils have things different about them.. otherwise they would get sued into oblivion for copying additives form other brands of oils patents.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(01-04-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Mystic s the 'Citgo'/south american competitor for Rotalla(shell), and Delo(chevron), and Delvac(Mobile) brands of oils.

If you change brands of oil then the rings will take time to re-seat. This is why I tell people not to change oil brands too often. Some oils also have less "sticktion" modifiers in them, allowing for more oil consumption.

All brands of oils have things different about them.. otherwise they would get sued into oblivion for copying additives form other brands of oils patents.

I made the mistake of changing out oil brands the last few times based on what my local Wally World had in stock and it seems like they can’t even keep the SuperTech in stock.Oil pressure has been great with the 15w50.Should I stick to the Mystik and hopefully the consumption goes down or is there a particular brand that you recommended that I should switch to instead? Thanks.
replyreply
01-05-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
(01-04-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  ...
I made the mistake of changing out oil brands the last few times based on what my local Wally World had in stock and it seems like they can’t even keep the SuperTech in stock.Oil pressure has been great with the 15w50.Should I stick to the Mystik and hopefully the consumption goes down or is there a particular brand that you recommended that I should switch to instead? Thanks.

only some regular oil sampling with an actual lab will tell you if the oil is doing its proper job. Iron levels in particular, will usually tell you if overall, if it is as good as something else.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
01-20-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
If I start running up to the frozen north will I have issues with the 50 weight?
replyreply
01-20-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
(01-20-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  If I start running up to the frozen north will I have issues with the 50 weight?

only if your running around with the engine not warmed up.

replyreply
03-18-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
(01-20-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-20-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  If I start running up to the frozen north will I have issues with the 50 weight?

So I’m thinking of changing from a Mystik to Conoco Phillips.So far I have 3 oil changes with the Mystik.Is it too soon to change it out?
replyreply
03-19-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
(03-18-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  

So I’m thinking of changing from a Mystik to Conoco Phillips.So far I have 3 oil changes with the Mystik.Is it too soon to change it out?

Only if its a 15w40 and I only say that because you mentioned running in Canada. Just keep in mind, like Rawze said not a good idea to keep changing.
replyreply
03-19-2022, (Subject: 04 cm 870 oil consumption ) 
(03-19-2022 )amermextrucker Wrote:  
(03-18-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  

Only if its a 15w40 and I only say that because you mentioned running in Canada. Just keep in mind, like Rawze said not a good idea to keep changing.

Sorry what I meant by the frozen north is the Northern states.Mystik keeps increasing their prices every time I go back for an oil change.And I have called all the distributors in my area and most are more expensive.Fleetpride is at $103 for a 5 gallon pail now.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.