Trouble bleeding clutch lonestar
02-09-2022, (Subject: Trouble bleeding clutch lonestar ) 
Trouble bleeding clutch lonestar
I replaced my clutch transmission and slave cylinder and I've gotten to the point where I'm just getting brake fluid out of the bleeder no air but I'm still not building any pedal pressure and the clutch won't release. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to this?
replyreply
02-09-2022, (Subject: Trouble bleeding clutch lonestar ) 
RE: Trouble bleeding clutch lonestar
You may need a brake bleed kit to bleed it properly. You'll never get it working just by pumping the pedal cracking the bleeder open unless you bottom fill the system and even then there's no guarantee. Ran into this exact issue awhile ago.
replyreply
02-10-2022, (Subject: Trouble bleeding clutch lonestar ) 
I just did this on my peterbilt and it bled just fine. Did you use OEM or aftermarket parts? It's possible you got a bad part right out of the box.

How are you bleeding it?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-10-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  I just did this on my peterbilt and it bled just fine. Did you use OEM or aftermarket parts? It's possible you got a bad part right out of the box.

How are you bleeding it?
OEM parts straight from international. I only replaced the slave cylinder because it has been leaking I didn't replace the master but the master set empty for a few days maybe that damaged it. I'm bleeding it like it is car brakes pump the pedal hold it open the bleeder.
replyreply
Have not seen this system but in the old days (Loadstars, Cargostars) I would not replace one without the other. Got bit in the ass to many times.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(02-10-2022 )Yauchout Wrote:  
(02-10-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  I just did this on my peterbilt and it bled just fine. Did you use OEM or aftermarket parts? It's possible you got a bad part right out of the box.

How are you bleeding it?
OEM parts straight from international. I only replaced the slave cylinder because it has been leaking I didn't replace the master but the master set empty for a few days maybe that damaged it. I'm bleeding it like it is car brakes pump the pedal hold it open the bleeder.

This might help. Link selfdestucts in 72 hours. Good luck Mr. Phelps

{link replaced to the official one by Rawze}
http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/...S11018.pdf
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Yauchout
Interesting. I didn't know that was on the bodybuilder site.
replyreply
(02-10-2022 )DVT873 Wrote:  Interesting. I didn't know that was on the bodybuilder site.

there are a lot of documents there ... not all of them have links from the main page.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(02-10-2022 )DVT873 Wrote:  
(02-10-2022 )Yauchout Wrote:  

How are you bleeding it?

This might help. Link selfdestucts in 72 hours. Good luck Mr. Phelps

{link replaced to the official one by Rawze}
http://bodybuilder.navistar.com/General/...S11018.pdf

Thanks. Ended up having a pressure bleed it like the direction said. Working perfectly now
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.