Trailer air bag over inflated
06-18-2022, (Subject: Trailer air bag over inflated ) 
Trailer air bag over inflated
Hello everyone,
I have a 2020 greatdane champion trailer. Lately I install weight gauge in my trailer.i remember that I took the air leveling valve a part when I tried to release air from air bags. When done from installing weigh gauge I put everything back together. Since then I didn't drive for 5 months truck and trailer never moved. now I turn truck on and supply air to the trailer it just keep getting higher air bag almost gone a explode and start leaking air from the bottom of the air bag.
Is this can be a bad air valve even if it s a new trailer. Or I put it back wrong? Please help thx .       

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
06-18-2022, (Subject: Trailer air bag over inflated ) 
RE: Trailer air bag over inflated
(06-18-2022 )medseg2003 Wrote:  Hello everyone,
I have a 2020 greatdane champion trailer. Lately I install weight gauge in my trailer.i remember that I took the air leveling valve a part when I tried to release air from air bags. When done from installing weigh gauge I put everything back together. Since then I didn't drive for 5 months truck and trailer never moved. now I turn truck on and supply air to the trailer it just keep getting higher air bag almost gone a explode and start leaking air from the bottom of the air bag.
Is this can be a bad air valve even if it s a new trailer. Or I put it back wrong? Please help thx .
Did you install the leveling valve in the same position as it was stock?

Take the leveling valve rod out and operate the valves arm by hand and see if you can lower the trailer airbag air pressure. If you can lower the trailer I suspect the leveling valve arm may be out of adjustment.

Can you take a pic of the leveling valve from a side view so I can see the angle of the arm?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: medseg2003
06-19-2022, (Subject: Trailer air bag over inflated ) 
(06-18-2022 )fast69mopar Wrote:  
(06-18-2022 )medseg2003 Wrote:  Hello everyone,
Did you install the leveling valve in the same position as it was stock?

Take the leveling valve rod out and operate the valves arm by hand and see if you can lower the trailer airbag air pressure. If you can lower the trailer I suspect the leveling valve arm may be out of adjustment.

Can you take a pic of the leveling valve from a side view so I can see the angle of the arm?
Yes sir if you zoom in the picture it shows the leveling valve beside the airbag. Thx

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
shouldn't that levelling valve be mounted straight and not at a 45-deg angles like that?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: medseg2003
(06-19-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  shouldn't that levelling valve be mounted straight and not at a 45-deg angles like that?
Yes sir, I put back wrong, it was wrong adjustment. Thx for responding
replyreply
06-21-2022, (Subject: Trailer air bag over inflated ) 
(06-19-2022 )medseg2003 Wrote:  
(06-19-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  shouldn't that levelling valve be mounted straight and not at a 45-deg angles like that?
Yes sir, I put back wrong, it was wrong adjustment. Thx for responding

Sorry I did not see your message. I had a feeling that the leveling valve was out of place. Glad you got it fixed.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.