03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
06-26-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
RE: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well
Replaced the blend door motor and closed off coolant flow to the evaporator.Blend door is slightly warped at the top where the arm from the motor connects to the door but I would imagine with no coolant going through the heater core now that it shouldn’t affect the temp if it’s slight open up top.Temp is still not up to par so I’m replacing almost everything.Compressor,condenser,expansion valve,drier,schrader valves,and one hose that was rubbing ok having rebuilt.$550 for those things out the door and I’ll have peace of mind that everything is new minus the evaporator but was told I didn’t need to change it.What do y’all think,should I replace it as well?
replyreply
06-27-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
(06-26-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  Replaced the blend door motor and closed off coolant flow to the evaporator.Blend door is slightly warped at the top where the arm from the motor connects to the door but I would imagine with no coolant going through the heater core now that it shouldn’t affect the temp if it’s slight open up top.Temp is still not up to par so I’m replacing almost everything.Compressor,condenser,expansion valve,drier,schrader valves,and one hose that was rubbing ok having rebuilt.$550 for those things out the door and I’ll have peace of mind that everything is new minus the evaporator but was told I didn’t need to change it.What do y’all think,should I replace it as well?
If it were me, like I have done with both of my 9900's, I would go ahead and replace the evaporator while you have the HVAC housing opened up and since you will already have the expansion valve removed the evaporator comes out super easy.

One thing I forgot to mention, have you inspected the operation of tht Recirc/fresh air door and actuator to verify it's proper operation? I have found plenty of 9900's with broken Recirc doors. The attaching point for tht actuator is plastic and it gets brittle and breaks off allowing the door to fall into the fresh air tunnel. When the Recirc door cannot close properly the hot outside air is being allowed into tht HVAC housing and the evaporator has a hard tg cooling that hot outside air hence the warmer temps from the panel vents. Just a suggestion for you. Let us know what you find.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1 , JimT
06-28-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
(06-27-2022 )fast69mopar Wrote:  
(06-26-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  Replaced the blend door motor and closed off coolant flow to the evaporator.Blend door is slightly warped at the top where the arm from the motor connects to the door but I would imagine with no coolant going through the heater core now that it shouldn’t affect the temp if it’s slight open up top.Temp is still not up to par so I’m replacing almost everything.Compressor,condenser,expansion valve,drier,schrader valves,and one hose that was rubbing ok having rebuilt.$550 for those things out the door and I’ll have peace of mind that everything is new minus the evaporator but was told I didn’t need to change it.What do y’all think,should I replace it as well?
If it were me, like I have done with both of my 9900's, I would go ahead and replace the evaporator while you have the HVAC housing opened up and since you will already have the expansion valve removed the evaporator comes out super easy.

One thing I forgot to mention, have you inspected the operation of tht Recirc/fresh air door and actuator to verify it's proper operation? I have found plenty of 9900's with broken Recirc doors. The attaching point for tht actuator is plastic and it gets brittle and breaks off allowing the door to fall into the fresh air tunnel. When the Recirc door cannot close properly the hot outside air is being allowed into tht HVAC housing and the evaporator has a hard tg cooling that hot outside air hence the warmer temps from the panel vents. Just a suggestion for you. Let us know what you find.
Found out on TTR about that door.Supposedly it’s under the fuse box on the passenger side.Does that sound right?
replyreply
Also does anyone know how much oil the compressor takes?
replyreply
(06-28-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  Also does anyone know how much oil the compressor takes?

usually 8 oz.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(06-28-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  
(06-27-2022 )fast69mopar Wrote:  

Found out on TTR about that door.Supposedly it’s under the fuse box on the passenger side.Does that sound right?
Yes, you are correct about it's location. If you remove the trim panel below the glove box, then remove the screws from the aluminum guard panel you will be able to see the Recirc door tunnel.

If you have the top off of the HVAC housing and look towards the front of the housing, down below the floor, you can see the Recirc tunnel.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DVT873 , Redland1
06-29-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
About oil. Many new/rebuilt compressors come with oil in them. Need to be careful. TOTAL oil in system is about 300cc aka 10.14 oz. Drain the old compressor and measure how much is in it. Drain the new compressor and put in the amount that came out of the old one. Evaporator and condenser each hold about 2 oz so if those are new add for those. The rest is held in the hoses and plumbing. Unless everything is flushed some always stays in.

Only mentioning this because to much oil messes with system. Pressures will be off, won't cycle right. Can't say I have seen many problems caused by not enough oil. Nav tech document IK1900022 gives that info for varoius Nav systems. Google search will bring it up.

Thanks for the door info on the 9900i. I don't see very many of those.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
07-07-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
(06-29-2022 )DVT873 Wrote:  About oil. Many new/rebuilt compressors come with oil in them. Need to be careful. TOTAL oil in system is about 300cc aka 10.14 oz. Drain the old compressor and measure how much is in it. Drain the new compressor and put in the amount that came out of the old one. Evaporator and condenser each hold about 2 oz so if those are new add for those. The rest is held in the hoses and plumbing. Unless everything is flushed some always stays in.

Only mentioning this because to much oil messes with system. Pressures will be off, won't cycle right. Can't say I have seen many problems caused by not enough oil. Nav tech document IK1900022 gives that info for varoius Nav systems. Google search will bring it up.

Thanks for the door info on the 9900i. I don't see very many of those.
I drained the oil on the new compressor and added about 7 ounces.Condenser is new but not evaporator because it was clean and looked good.
replyreply
07-07-2022, (Subject: 03’ International 9900i A/C not cooling well ) 
Since I recharged the system the fan has been running continuously.Any ideas as to why and is it bad if it runs like that?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.