Who does DD15 demandates?
07-31-2022, (Subject: Who does DD15 demandates? ) 
RE: Who does DD15 demandates?
(07-31-2022 )RollinCoal Wrote:  ...
Diesel tuning will always use the same philosophy on tuning
you have to pay close attention to the details and data
BUT getting the proper tools to do the job is where the real problem is

I had written several smaller programs to do most of this stuffs over the last several years because I got tired of CT software shortcomings.. , .. but now ...

It has been about 3 months in the making, but I am now wrapping it up...
I have written my own program from scratch to translate and edit engine files with. It can ...

* Work directly with files converted into and out of plain English on the fly.

* See the whole program at once instead of having to search and find things.

* Sort the file by circuit or manager (or by ecu address if desired) instead of the hodge-podge mess that Clterm does. This is a huge advantage that makes everything clearly laid out.

* It can use 'rcfg' files as well as 'ecfg' files. 'rcfg' files are files that are built using a seperate tool that can combine as many 'ecfg' files as needed to match a particular engine that I might not have a matching config file for. -> I have also written a separate tool to combine multiple ecfg files for creating 'rcfg's to match a particular engine.

* It will show 100% of the program settings ... even if the ecfg or rcfg file does not match.. it will re-label things it does not know, it will adapt to altered length tables, and has a lot more tricks to show the data properly than CT does. It will also, as a last resort, at least allow you to see/edit the data as raw values if nothing else.

* It can edit, or keep in place, X.Y axis data for tables. This is very different from Calterm. Ct likes to blindly overwrite axis data without any merit and this has always been a problem.

* It can properly checksum the edited the engine file so that Calterm, other software, the engine itself, etc.. can use it without complaint.

./uploads/202208/post_2_1659315587_e2df0b2414758918164a1f31e776256c.png

-=== YES... I wrote 100% of every line of code in this software myself (using c++). As some people who already know me, programming control systems, logic controllers. PLC's, industrial micro-controllers, etc. was always a part of my professional skill-set before I retired.
here is a random screen-shot:
./uploads/202208/post_2_1659315621_f2548d1056fd0af2af32a4b00e466731.png

--==-- My software does not however connect to the engine. It is for working with files only. I may in the future, write a separate tool for copying files into/out of the ecm itself if I ever get time to dig into it but as of right now, I have been busy with other projects that are more important. I also do not connect to people's trucks very often, or do remote tuning.. so this is not a big deal for me. I mostly just work with files that people send me.

Tags:
rawze engine software, wrote it myself, rawze edit software, c++ engine software, qtcreator, rcfg files

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , schISM , Signature620 , tree98 , Snowfarmer , barf , DVT873 , Nostalgic , Techmech
08-01-2022, (Subject: Who does DD15 demandates? ) 
This program for sale ??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(08-01-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  This program for sale ??

I just finally got tired enough of all of the short-comings from the clunky CT software.. and took matters into my own hands.

no, it is not for sale, but I am always willing to share information with others who may be trying to write their own software, etc. for such things.

Also, if anyone needs to have an engine file converted into, or out of plain English + sorted/mapped properly, so that they can work with it themselves.. I can do that for them thru e-mail.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Redland1
Well ya beat me to it tree98… that is freaking awesome.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Nikolafl87
08-02-2022, (Subject: Who does DD15 demandates? ) 
(08-01-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  This program for sale ??

This was for sure gonna be my question to lol
replyreply
So I convinced my brother not to do a demandate for now and actually found a video on how to bypass the SCR system on a DD15 and shared it with a member on here and he thinks it will work. https://youtu.be/GW5Wk6M_BKc
replyreply
Here are the codes that came up

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Loganwads82
(08-02-2022 )Redland1 Wrote:  So I convinced my brother not to do a de-mandate for now and actually found a video on how to bypass the SCR system on a DD15 and shared it with a member on here and he thinks it will work. https://youtu.be/GW5Wk6M_BKc

may or may not work temporarily.. but I do know that those NOx sensors have a heater in them to make them work properly.. putting it in with a bunch of wiring might not be so goo.. it may melt something plastic.

I am also thinking that someone would get an "in-range low" fault on the sensor after a while too. The engine does in fact check to see that sensors are reading something other than 0 all the time.. and that they change with the engines power/torque output... but with some sensors.. one never knows until someone brave tries it.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
08-05-2022, (Subject: Who does DD15 demandates? ) 
My brothers mechanic did the scr bypass and it worked.What do y’all think of where it was placed though? For reference that’s the backside of the passenger side steps.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.