ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
08-16-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
RE: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise
Rawze just by reading your past, i now started realizing how bad industry got by ripping hard working truckers. Good that there are people like you trying to open our eyes.

(08-16-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  I Was sent the file from this persons truck today. Here is what I see at a glance...

* No proper engine mode control was done. This causes the engine to try to warm up the DPF, SRC, ETC... perpetually, because it can never satisfy this condition, it using the turbo to choke the the exhaust + creating excessive internal friction on the cylinders all the time... shortening the engine life and creating excess friction by a lot. - Results are typically higher than normal oil temps.. lower then normal fuel mileage, over-boosting turbo, etc.etc.etc.

* Protection fuel limiters are still in place. The engine is not able to make full power/torque.

* DPF Restriction test not shut off properly.

* Excess Soot derate protection not shut off properly + Shutdown Protection for excess soot is still in place. The engine is still able to unpredictably shut down over this at some point in its future.

* Engine is still assuming+requesting EGR gas is going into the intake. The engine will have the wrong fuel-air-mix, too far advanced injection timing, etc. This is harmful / shortens engine life.

* injection timing is set too high and moderately harmful to the engine. Can cause a piston to crack / shortens engine life.

* The fuel-air-mix is set too lean and is harmful to a deleted engine.

* the turbo has been set waay to high for a W900. Will over-spool and over-boost the engine causing damage to the cylinders. Can cause crack in head, crack in piston, is harmful, causes too much friction in engine+ higher then normal oil temps.

* engine brake was screwed with. This is an absolute NO-NO!... and can cause the engine to drop a valve at HIGH RPM and high Engine brake conditions.

* ALL EACD fall-back emissions control is still active. This will cause unstable power, cause injection timning and other things to be screweed with in attempts of conform to fall-back emissions standards.

* Alpha settings are incomplete. The engine is jumping into protections and derating at times.

* sensors not shut off properly for... -= Just bad, incomplete programming on someone's part ...
-DPF inlet temp. not shut off properly.
-DPF outlet temp. not shut off properly.
-DPF outlet Pressure not shut off properly.
-DPF Delta-P. not shut off properly.
-DPF outlet pressure. not shut off properly.
-Doser injector not shut off properly.
-SCR inlet temp. not shut off properly.
-SCR outlet temp. not shut off properly.
-DEF pump not shut off properly.
-DEF Tank Level not shut off properly.
-DEF Tank Temp not shut off properly.
-DEF Tank Heater/Line heater not shut off properly.
-DOC inlet temp. not shut off properly.
-DOC outlet temp. not shut off properly.
-CCP sensor not shut off properly.
-IAT not shut off properly.

===============

- It looks to be the typical hack-n-slash where someone disconnects things and assumes the ECM has magical fairy dust inside itself to fix everything for them. Its terrible and moderately harmful to the engine. This person will be lucky if they do not need an inframe within the next year or so, especially if this thing has been run hard, after running it for 2+ years with this horrible, engine-eating program for so long.

Welcome to the bad delete collection. You are today's official winner.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

truly sad indeed.
replyreply
08-17-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
(08-16-2022 )Bakanka Wrote:  Rawze just by reading your past, i now started realizing how bad industry got by ripping hard working truckers. Good that there are people like you trying to open our eyes.

(08-16-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  I Was sent the file from this persons truck today. Here is what I see at a glance...

* No proper engine mode control was done. This causes ...

I don't make this stuff up.. or exaggerate it. -== I simply look down thru the program and it becomes pretty obvious real fast. I am also able to broadcast my desktop on a streaming service so that someone can look and see what I see while I am looking thru someone's program.. so that they can make their own judgements ... I hide nothing, and am always willing to share what I know openly with nothing to hide.

I just think it is a shame that this industry is so incredibly infested with people who do bad programming. I think it is a shame that the engine tuning websites and forums are infested, from the top down, with it as well. I think it is a shame that the people doing that stuffs get away with it so easily, all while denying full force that their s$it don't stink. These same people will often brag about how they are tuning {butchering} 20+ trucks a day without any other complaints. -= That is how they judge themselves.. by how many they can do in a week, and how many different kinds of engines they can do.. instead of anything based in reality or science. It is a down right narcissistic shame.

They all seem to also think that Rawze (me) is "Trying to copy their secrets".. or is "Out to discredit them", or maybe to take/steal their business away, or some other jealous, self-righteous, idiotic reasons that have nothing to do with anything but their own ego and reflection in the mirror.

Some of them even claim "it took them years to perfect" that program that they made and other things. Well, that may even be true, .. but this IS ALSO THE ISSUE!. Years of tweaking on a bad programming method does not make it any better. It instead, makes it nothing but a pile of band-aides and duct tape, stacked upon engine-harming problems.

Like someone claiming to be the worlds best alternator repair shop, because they have been in business for 20+ years, they do 50 a week of every brand out there, and they have perfected their techniques. This, only to watch them smash your alternator apart with a sledge-hammer, replace a few parts inside it they they "think" might be bad, and then wrap it up in a big ball of duct tape and bailing wire, it cracked all to he@#ll underneath. They then hand it back to you, calming its worth thousands of dollars now because they have a special "duct tape wrapping technique".. and that you are not allowed to question it.

Not knowing any better, you put that Alternator back onto your vehicle .. and it falls apart in a few months due to the tape melting, and destroys half your engine when it does. You call them up to say that you did not think it was so great, and that it caused other damage, and that maybe they should not use a sledge hammer to bust it apart, but maybe some proper tools and a service manual, in good faith, so that someone else does not end up with a destroyed vehicle..

.. AND THEY GET MAD AND YELL AT YOU AND CLAIM THEY ARE THE EXPERTS AND THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT FOR QUESTIONING WHAT THEY DO! .. AND HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT OUR SPECIAL DUCT TAPE METHODS!!!.. YOU ARE THE BAD GUY, NOT THEM!!!. We do 50 a week.. so WE ARE NOT WRONG!.

... and such the cycle of stupidity continues with places like this.

* I have never had issue with others charging moneys for "custom programming". I know that people seek that kind of stuffs all the time.

* I have never had issue with people even charging a lot of moneys for it if they choose to.

* I could care less who's "method" or "tricks", "special methods" etc. or whatever someone has come up with.

When I review some else's program, it has nothing whatsoever to do with any kind of jealousy, or ridicule, or trolling, or "who's better then who" ... I could really care less about all that petty garbage. It is simply to bring light to the issues at hand so that they can be solved properly and reliably. Questionable programming is as bad as questionable parts inside your engine. Most of the time though, a person cannot feel it.. or see it.. or know that it is bad/harmful without actually looking at it. -= Just like with anything else, if you don't inspect it and ensure it is in tip top shape.. then any secondary issues cannot be resolved either.

If some person or place has done even a half-decent job of "custom" programming someone else's $40,000 commercial engine that the truck owner has to rely on to feed their family, make their profits from, pay their bills, and get that return on all the moneys invested in the equipment and fuel, then more power to them.

What I DO have issue with is all the 90%+ half-baked solutions being used, that cause damage, shortened engine life, and all the grief that a truck owner is going to face some day. This AFTER they paid someone who claims they knew what they were doing, when in all reality they are completely clueless, trapped in their own world of thinking that they are some kind of engine tuning guru worthy of risking someone else's $40,000 engine on blind assumptions and bubble-gum band-aides.

It is the dunnung kruger effect in full force and that is the heart of the plague.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid46682

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
08-17-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
(08-17-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
I don't make this stuff up.. or exaggerate it. -== I simply look down thru the program and it becomes pretty obvious real fast....

I really enjoy reading what you write Rawze. I wonder when owners of that type of “ big name shops” or professional butchers, when you come eye to eye with them and they dont know who you are. You probably listen everything what they say and letting them act smart. I wanna know if you had an story with them. What have happed when started talking with them.

Do they agree that they ripping peoples pockets. They probably dont like you right because when you talk you make them look way stupid.
replyreply
08-18-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
(08-17-2022 )Bakanka Wrote:  
(08-17-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
I don't make this stuff up.. or exaggerate it. -== I simply look down thru the program and it becomes pretty obvious real fast....

I really enjoy reading what you write Rawze. I wonder when owners of that type of “ big name shops” or professional butchers, when you come eye to eye with them and they dont know who you are. You probably listen everything what they say and letting them act smart. I wanna know if you had an story with them. What have happed when started talking with them.

Do they agree that they ripping peoples pockets. They probably dont like you right because when you talk you make them look way stupid.

It should never be about making others look inferior or stupid.

Ignorance is simply not knowing something....

I am Ignorant on a lot of things in this world ... especially things that are unrelated to the subjects that I discuss.

Stupidity on the other hand, is being shown something, or someone bringing it to light for you an issue that you did not know about, and then refusing to listen or learn from it out of sheer self-induced arrogance.

Ignorance can be fixed ... sometimes easily, and sometimes after some stubborn bit of debate...

... but stupidity cannot.

So yeah, I have had more than my share of trying like h#$ell to help others in the past on programming issues that have been discovered, only to get spit in the face in one way or another over it. - ALL those places and people who hang out on the engine tuning websites and do the de-mandate programming hate me, and what I do for truck owners. How dare I expose their incompetent secrets and how dare I show that truck owner those thousands of $$$ they paid someone was mostly nothing but copied harmful guessed-at trash that is actually harmful to their engine. -=-= How dare I speak up and bring such things to light!.

Without awareness, there is no moving forward, and certainly no cure to plaguing issues.

Most of these same people will go to great lengths to discredit any efforts on this websites efforts to genuinely help others. Some resort to even making up stories about me and my website. It happens frequently, and some people will make claims that I am somehow out to get people in some fantasy, made up ways.

I have heard truck owners also say to me that there are individuals out there who make bold claims that they "taught me everything that I know" and/or all kinds of other bulls#it fairy tales. There are also a couple places that make false claims that I do all their programming, just so that they can get more customers?.. who knows why.. or places/people that claim that I am inferior in some way, what I do is somehow significantly out of date, or some that claim that I am just out to steal everyone else's methods.

I guess these people don't understand that I can write any program I want from scratch for these red engines. I have no need to "see what others are doing" other than to help someone understand what issues they might have with their vehicle.

here is a fine example of what some will resort to when they think I have criticized their work instead of having a discussion and bettering what they do for their own customers ...
./uploads/202208/post_2_1660799783_ea2f21281c6aebecae6a098d848949cf.jpg
Sad part is that these clowns also believe their own lies, or have convinced themselves of these things. I am still trying to figure out how I am supposed to be screwing people over.. all while helping everyone completely for free... and asking nothing in return from anyone. This is a hobby, not a job.

My truck makes me my living, pays my bills, not my website or anything else ... yet somehow, in these clueless people's minds.. I am somehow able to rip people off? .. all while never charging any moneys for helping them?... I just never understood that one.

========

And here is the complete garbage statement and reason why i got kicked off of TruckersReport all those years ago, after one of their sponsors started complaining that i "exposed their bad oprogramming". They suddenly out of nowhere, "came up with a new rule", just for me it seems. A person can say whatever they want, be it good, bad, sideways, and downright beyond ugly about any truck company or other vendor and bad mouth the h#ell out of them .. but talk about an engine tuning shop (I.E.> one of their sponsors) and critique their work a bit .... and suddenly there are all new rules for you to shut your mouth.
TruckersReport-Admin Wrote:(reply from 2013)...
***MUST READ*** Performance Tuning Forum Rules ***MUST READ***

We want members to be able to get answers about performance tuning, but we don't want it turning into the jerk convention that every site dedicated to performance tuning topics seems to attract. So, a couple rules:

1) Don't criticize other people's work. If someone asks who to go to for tuning and you don't agree with the recommendations people are giving, then recommend someone else. Keep your lips zipped about anyone you aren't recommending, don't even make vague references about 'other people' who you aren't recommending. I know some people are saying, "But if no one is talking about the bad work, how will people know who to avoid?" It's not about avoiding the bad work, it's about finding the good work. The tuners who do good work will get the most recommendations, and that's how people will know who to work with.
CLEARLY these people over at TTR don't give a damn about people getting their engine destroyed by these big-sponsored, big-name tuning clowns!... It is sad indeed.

this was my official reply....
Rawze Wrote:(some time in 2013)...
My opinion (If I get banned for this, then SO BE IT!!!)...

I fully respect your right to control your forums the way you see fit, but I, personally, think this is out of context in a BIG way. Not being able to express personal opinion about an ECM tuner's work GOOD OR BAD EQUALLY, lends itself to biased positive opinion only, and that can be very costly to a truck owner in short order. FIRST AND FOREMOST, The dis-allowance of balanced opinion toward one type truck-related company or vendor, but the allowance of balanced opinion of others is TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!,..If TTR's basic stance against negative opinion is as such, then BAN NEGATIVE OPINION AGAINST ALL TRUCK-RELATED COMPANIES EQUALLY, INCLUDING TRUCKING COMPANIES, AND OTHER VENDORS OF THE TRUCKING SERVICE!!!!!!,...It seems very clear to me that This recent 'Rule-Making' has been motivated by either threats, or monetary stimulus. It saddens me that there are so few places to begin with, where individuals can speak freely in a public area on the internet. Because of this, it allows the perpetuation of BAD COMPANIES to exist. Especially companies that CANNOT BE SUED for their BAD SERVICES!. Allowing open opinion helps to serve the community where individuals can research and form their own opinion, as well, Companies and Vendors of such services can be compared to promote a healthy trade market from within that group. This is the basis of what’s considered 'Competitive Marketing'. Without this, then there is no place for individuals to get 'Both Sides of a Story' before making a decision. I personally think, based on these things, that YOUR RULE IS WRONG AND UNJUST!!!!!!, and I will not participate, nor continue to promote such one-sided websites, forums, or otherwise BIASED places of public interest.

Just my opinion and stance on it,...Rawze

And the moment they kicked me off...

-----------------------------
TruckersReport-Admin Wrote:Terry...

Terry, I'm disappointed that you made a big show out of disagreeing with the Performance Tuning forum rules instead of talking with me directly about your concerns, you could have learned about the reasons behind the changes without resorting to rude accusations like this:
It seems very clear to me that This recent 'Rule-Making' has been motivated by either threats, or monetary stimulus.
That is flat-out insulting and 100% false. I have respect for you, I hope you'll show some in return.

-Sam
...and in that moment.. I was =banned by them.

So... I am supposed to "keep my mouth shut?".. and "hide?" the discoveries of other people's engine harming work?... Well.. that is exactly WHY I STARTED RAWZE.COM TO BEGIN WITH!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
Man I posted on the forum of crooks about 2 weeks ago and asked point blank what peoples problem with you was. Got a few comments in and an admin closed the thread…. We know who that was even though he never answered my question that was pretty much just for him, But the way I see it is when big name jack asses are so damn set on having a problem with someone that they won’t even have a conversation about them they are threatened. They are threatened because you can call them out on their bullshit, because you are willing to help others learn, and because they would screw their moms for pocket change and what you teach could potentially take a sale or two from them. They are a joke and it’s rather pathetic to have such a problem with someone that you would ban them and block any conversation about them.

I have been on that forum over a year and I have been on yours for a couple of months. I have gotten more actual help and knowledge from you here than I have from everyone over there. It’s an actual shame that there are so many grown ass children in the world. Thank you for being you man!!!!
replyreply
(08-18-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
So... I am supposed to "keep my mouth shut?".. and "hide?" the discoveries of other people's engine harming work?... Well.. that is exactly WHY I STARTED RAWZE.COM TO BEGIN WITH!.

I can see that Rawze how pissed you are just by remembering them. You of course did the right thing by creating your own Form. We can really talk about anything regarding those red engines.
You can be a Millionaire or even a Billionaire, but the truth always stays in its place you cannot buy it. So basically you vs with those multimillionaire companies and they know that they cannot convince you whats not right.

There has to be more people like you, you basically donating your knowledge Rawze.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-15-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
Well. I may have to wear that badge and cross that bridge perhaps sooner than later. I'm fighting a low oil pressure issue as we speak that I believe is still related to my original post on this thread but now with a "proper" program. I started having oil temp issues literally a day after a PM at Loves. Oil, oil filter, fuel filter, lube, and inspection. Seemed harmless enough. I run T6 15w40 full synthetic.

I got the new programing. Truck runs and sounds like it is supposed to now. Fuel milage improved. I do slightly roll coal if I punch it any more than half throttle after changing gears. From a cold start the engine acts and sounds like its cammed and shakes the truck a bit until 130f or so.

The same week I started experiencing low oil pressures. 24-26 psi highway. 10-12 psi idle after reaching operation temperatures. Until then 35 psi and 20 psi

The following day I got the first instance of the dreaded red stop engine light and oil pressure gauge reading 0 psi. I pulled over immediately of course thinking I had lost all my oil. Checked it. It was full. OVER full actually. The truck sounded and ran normally even though the gauge was reading 0 psi when I started it after checking the oil.

Unplugged the pressure sensor and discovered oil in the connector. Tried cleaning the sensor, bending the tabs for a better contact but never could get it to communicate properly. After some time I decided it was a false reading. I left the sensor unplugged to calm the CPU and got the truck home. Truck ran, pulled, sounded, and idled normally. It still does even though I have yet to find the root of this issue.

I've since replaced the oil filter, and both the oil pressure and temperature sensors. No dice. Confirmed through Insite that the CPU is reporting the same PSI as the gauge eliminating a faulty gauge. Replaced the pressure sensor connector (pigtail). No change. I can say that I haven't had oil temperatures over 230f at 80k and pulling hills since.

Today I discovered that the oil used at the Loves from my PM was 5w40 and not 15w40. I understand that the second number is the same and should not affect operating temperature viscosity.

Tomorrow I will have the new updated pressure relief valve for the filter housing to swap out. I have also ordered an oil pump, shim kit, and oil pan gasket considering it looks like I'll need them either way.

The strange thing is. The truck idles smooth, sounds good, runs strong, and pulls good. This makes me really question the reading it is getting even though those parts are new. I'll will be acquiring a mechanical pressure gauge this weekend and trying to learn where I can jack into the motor to get readings to compare.

I don't want to be pessimistic but my goose may already be cooked. I don't know what else to do. Running the truck during the week and trying to research, identify and order parts; hoping they arrive by the time I get back so I can fix it on weekends. Oh, the joys of being a truck driver.
replyreply
09-19-2022, (Subject: ISX 600: Trouble in paradise ) 
(09-15-2022 )Rocky Wrote:  ...
Unplugged the pressure sensor and discovered oil in the connector.

Every time I have seen oil pressure sensor bleeding oil into the connector, it was a bad sensor. I also have seen plenty of times where if it was doing this, you got the wrpng oil pressure readings too.

cleaning it and the contacts does nothing for "improving its readings" by the way, especially if it is bad because it is seeping oil.

If it is seeping oil.. replace it with a new OEM-only sensor... and look up the part# on quickserv instead of going by what you have already purchased, or the part# on the sensors itself. It is easy to get the wrong oil pressure sensor and it show the wrong scaling, readings, etc.

it can also be a saturated wiring harness, it now going bad, if it has been seeping for a long time.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.