Air compressor slow to fill tanks.
08-30-2022, (Subject: Air compressor slow to fill tanks. ) 
RE: Air compressor slow to fill tanks.
(08-30-2022 )Bengy88 Wrote:  What rawze said…… also the outlet line from the compressor needs to be checked thoroughly, spray soapy water on it all the way to the dryer and look for bubbles, the heat from the compressor deteriorates them internally and the air will seep out all the way down the line.

Then you can bypass the air dryer by hooking both the big lines together (screw the fittings out the dryer and use a 1/2 inch pipe thread coupling to connect them together) and see if it will build air, if it will then the air dryer is the issue…. If not then you have a bad leak that you can’t hear or your compressor is bad.

To verify you don’t have a bad leak that you just can’t hear you can unhook the outlet line from the compressor and hook shop air to the line with the truck not running. There are check valves that allow the system to hold air with the engine not running, if there is a leak between the compressor and the check valves you won’t be able to hear it with the engine running if it’s bad enough and with the engine off it won’t leak.

T
I will definitely try this! Thank you.
replyreply
I have a truck that I can change the dryer cartridge every week and it still makes a ton of water, we have to drain the tanks daily. Truck is a 2019 with low miles. Been like this since it was brand new.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(08-30-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  I have a truck that I can change the dryer cartridge every week and it still makes a ton of water, we have to drain the tanks daily. Truck is a 2019 with low miles. Been like this since it was brand new.

On he other side of this ... i have never sen water in my air tanks. makes someone wonder what it could be other than the desiccant filter not doing its job.

My inlet for the air compressor is connected to my intake manifold.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-30-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-30-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  I have a truck that I can change the dryer cartridge every week and it still makes a ton of water, we have to drain the tanks daily. Truck is a 2019 with low miles. Been like this since it was brand new.

On the other side of this ... I have never seen water/excess condensation getting into in my air tanks. Makes someone wonder what it could be other than the desiccant filter not doing its job.

My inlet for the air compressor is connected to my intake manifold.
My water tanks are empty too!!! I wonder what it could be then?
replyreply
I've been told it could be that the line from the compressor to the dryer is too short and the water vapor doesn't have time to condensate in that short of a run and it floats right through the dryer as vapor.

replyreply
08-31-2022, (Subject: Air compressor slow to fill tanks. ) 
If it was a too hot scenario could a cooler be used to condense the moisture before going to the drier? I see these on air compressors at home alot. It's rated at a minimum of 250 psi.

https://amzn.to/3CHgV4x
replyreply
08-31-2022, (Subject: Air compressor slow to fill tanks. ) 
I've been thinking about trying something like that, or maybe even just a longer hose looped around a time or two. A cooler like that might be against DOT regulation.

replyreply
09-02-2022, (Subject: Air compressor slow to fill tanks. ) 
Mine was building slowly recently, turned out to be a leaking air bag.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.