ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
09-09-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
RE: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting
(09-09-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-08-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  ... a pre-emissions 12.7 Detroit that I did a full rebuild on with internal parts to get 625 to the wheels and 2200 torque. Anyone who says the 12.7 was just a fleet engine with no low end grunt

JUST A WARNING ...

First and foremost!!!.... And isx is not a detroit!!!... It is not a cat.. It is a red-headed step-child with shorter connecting rods and a different design that does not like low-end (high) torque very much.

Putting more than above 1850 torque in an isx = almost always shortening its life by about 400k miles. It does not matter what the red engine maker claims it can do. It goes from a million mile engine to a 600k mile engine.

I don't think I'm a power-hungry idiot and I don't want to do anything stupid to it. If I indicated I wanted anything other than a stock setting for this engine, I apologize. If you're referring to the comments I made about the Detroit, let me be clear, I did not rebuild that engine with intentions of getting that horsepower and torque out of it, that's what it ended up as. It was a million mile 430hp that eventually sunk a liner and also needed a camshaft. When I got it back running and felt what it was like to drive a truck with 600 hp., I'd sure like to keep that. 565hp 1850 hp is certainly enough. But the problem is I don't know what this engine actually has right now. All I'm trying to find out is if there's any way of knowing what the engine has from 900 miles away. Doesn't sound like that's possible. The current owner mentioned to me that it Could have been set to 600hp, I'm just asking if it Still can be.
replyreply
(09-08-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  ...Engine serial number is 014005252
CPL is 2834
ECM Code is N10272t5

That engine ser# is not valid. They do not start with a '0', and if it is excluded, the engine ser# is still not valid.

Also, the program N10272 is no longer available on cummins website.

=========
like others said. Connect the Insite software to it and see what is in it.

Hmm., the serial number was taken directly from International build sheet. The serial number itself is a hyper-link and when I click on it, it takes me directly to Cummins QuickServe for that serial number. That's where I got the CPL and other information. I wonder if I made a mistake when I entered the number here, I'll have to double check it. Thanks for the info.
replyreply
(09-09-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  ...
Hmm., the serial number was taken directly from International build sheet. The serial number itself is a hyper-link and when I click on it, it takes me directly to Cummins QuickServe for that serial number. That's where I got the CPL and other information. I wonder if I made a mistake when I entered the number here, I'll have to double check it. Thanks for the info.

./uploads/202209/post_2_1662730911_fb3b4f19057da5e6203e37e5b6ca349d.png

then post the link to what you do have.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Well, for some reason I'm not figuring out how to attach a screen shot of what I'm seeing. I see the attachment links and all that to attach to a post and have the screenshot saved on computer, but I can't get it to actually attach the picture.
replyreply
(09-09-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  Well, for some reason I'm not figuring out how to attach a screen shot of what I'm seeing. I see the attachment links and all that to attach to a post and have the screenshot saved on computer, but I can't get it to actually attach the picture.
The difference I have compared to what you have is the "0" is removed from the front and a "2" added to the end.
replyreply
(09-09-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  
(09-09-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  Well, for some reason I'm not figuring out how to attach a screen shot of what I'm seeing. I see the attachment links and all that to attach to a post and have the screenshot saved on computer, but I can't get it to actually attach the picture.
The difference I have compared to what you have is the "0" is removed from the front and a "2" added to the end.

according to engine ser# 14005252, it has different (smaller) injectors than a CM570, sig-600. It also had the smaller volume camshafts and injector cam for the different injectors.

so I would say, if it is going to be working hard (heavy haul, high engine loads, etc.) .. then it should NOT be turned up to 600HP ... 565 or 575 is about all that injector can handle without getting the tips real hot. but if all someone is doing is passing someone or climbing the occasional hill, then 600hp would be ok in short bursts.

.. but certainly not to set it above 1850 trq.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-09-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  

according to engine ser# 14005252, it has different (smaller) injectors than a CM570, sig-600. It also had the smaller volume camshafts and injector cam for the different injectors.

so I would say, if it is going to be working hard (heavy haul, high engine loads, etc.) .. then it should NOT be turned up to 600HP ... 565 or 575 is about all that injector can handle without getting the tips real hot. but if all someone is doing is passing someone or climbing the occasional hill, then 600hp would be ok in short bursts.

.. but certainly not to set it above 1850 trq.
Okay thanks, the gentleman said the engine was rebuilt less than 2 years ago, the camshaft, cam followers, cylinder head and injectors were all replaced. I'm assuming they put back in what they took out. I'll be able to verify that when I look at the repair documents. Thanks again.
replyreply
09-10-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
This truck I'm looking at has 3.42 gears, how big of a black eye is that? 13 speed. 60 mph is 1300 rpm.
replyreply
09-11-2022, (Subject: ISX Horsepower/Torque setting ) 
(09-10-2022 )TBraun Wrote:  This truck I'm looking at has 3.42 gears, how big of a black eye is that? 13 speed. 60 mph is 1300 rpm.

the ISX lives its longest when turning above 1500+ when pulling hard. 1300 with high engine loads is considered lugging it, shortens its lifespan.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.