Checking out used truck w/ isx
09-09-2022, (Subject: Checking out used truck w/ isx ) 
Checking out used truck w/ isx
Hello guys, I'm gonna be checking out a truck on Saturday. I have insite on a dedicated laptop and have the inline adapter. Does insite pull up code history and regen history? I've never used insite but I catch on quickly. What kind of things am I looking for on insite?
replyreply
RE: Checking out used truck w/ isx
You can pull up regen history and abuse reports etc… If you want to send me a pm I can walk you through how to find everything you need or if I’m free when you get to the truck I’ll help you out with it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ElJay90 , hhow55
Make sure the program in the ecm matches the one listed on the data plate

Look at regen history, you want all the numbers on the right side of the screen to average 3 or less.

Look at the abuse history for to many occurances of things that aren't good.

What engine are we talking about? How many miles are on it? If it's over 500K I wouldn't worry much about any of it, cuz it's gonna need an inframe anyway.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ElJay90
(09-09-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Make sure the program in the ecm matches the one listed on the data plate

Look at regen history, you want all the numbers on the right side of the screen to average 3 or less.

Look at the abuse history for to many occurances of things that aren't good.

What engine are we talking about? How many miles are on it? If it's over 500K I wouldn't worry much about any of it, cuz it's gonna need an inframe anyway.

In Frame at 500k?
replyreply
Yep, most of the used trucks out there have real tall rears and have been lugged below 1500 rpm there entire life. So by 500k they are ready to sink a liner any minute. This goes double if it's deleted with a bad delete. And if none of that does it in, the carbon packing will.

replyreply
(09-09-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Yep, most of the used trucks out there have real tall rears and have been lugged below 1500 rpm there entire life. So by 500k they are ready to sink a liner any minute. This goes double if it's deleted with a bad delete. And if none of that does it in, the carbon packing will.

Luckily this truck has 3.7 in it. Let's hope it can go a few months without catastrophic failure. Should it happen I have the means to fix it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
Depending on what engine it has (2250/2350) you'll need to rebuild the fuel pump before you start using the truck. If they come apart inside they can completely destroy an engine to the point it can't even be rebuilt.

replyreply
(09-09-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Depending on what engine it has (2250/2350) you'll need to rebuild the fuel pump before you start using the truck. If they come apart inside they can completely destroy an engine to the point it can't even be rebuilt.
Already have the kit in my ebay cart. Seems like they're hard to find in dealerships.
replyreply
(09-09-2022 )ElJay90 Wrote:  
(09-09-2022 )tree98 Wrote:  Depending on what engine it has (2250/2350) you'll need to rebuild the fuel pump before you start using the truck. If they come apart inside they can completely destroy an engine to the point it can't even be rebuilt.
Already have the kit in my ebay cart. Seems like they're hard to find in dealerships.

Cummins oem parts?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.