Stumped on no CC or Jake brake
09-21-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
RE: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake
Maybe have a dealer flash back the proper switch settings and start over. There is a price to pay for not creating a back up. I bet you don't make that mistake again lol.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(09-20-2022 )SRTDiesel Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 )SRTDiesel Wrote:  
(09-20-2022 )Colter Wrote:  It sounds like there was an issue in the past while flashing in regards to the ECMs template, if its lost that information reloading a calibration will just carry over the same information or lack thereof. What id start with is find someone with the same truck and engine and pull the template from that ECM and write it into yours.

Make/model/engine you have? myself or someone else here may have a template that would work as well as instructions on getting it into the ECM which is quite easy

It’s a 2015 389 cm2350 isx

It’s giving me a 0285 FMI 9 code with about 20 things listed as active.

Essentially anything that is enabled in SAE j1939 multiplexing in parameters in insite it’s showing a code for.

Almost sounds to me like either the cab module is not broadcasting that stuffs properly, or that the ecm has been switched over to use can-buss #2 (instead of can-buss #1) for the truck communications by mistake.

I have seen this situation before as well if someone tried to use a program meant for a Prostar in a Pete 389.. or vice versa.. even tho it was the same exact CPL. Make damn sure that the program matches the exact program listed for the truck on quickserv according to its VIN# and maybe not the engine ser#. Just because a program has the same exact CPL listed in Insite.. does not mean at all that is is compatible with the rest of the vehicle. I have seen that plenty, especially so on CM2350's and X15's.

I recently had to straighten one out for Mr. hag that someone swapped the engine in the truck and did exactly that mistake.

Start by verifying that can-buss#1 is the one chosen to communicate with the vehicle, and go from there.

Next would be to ensure the right program.. one made specifically for a Pete389 of that year/model + matching engine CPL was in it. there are a whole h#ell of a lot of settings that cannot be seen in Insite.. or restored for that matter with regards to this.

just some thoughts.

I.E..>
What is the vin#.?
What is the engine ser#.?
Was the engine ever swapped out?.//.. and if so, what was the origional engine ser#?.
What is the exact make/model truck?.

those are all the things needed to ensure it has the correct program in it.. long before trying to restore the dash settings.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SRTDiesel
(09-21-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  Almost sounds to me like either the cab module is not broadcasting that stuffs properly, or that the ecm has been switched over to use can-buss #2 (instead of can-buss #1) for the truck communications by mistake.

I have seen this situation before as well if someone tried to use a program meant for a Prostar in a Pete 389.. or vice versa.. even tho it was the same exact CPL. Make damn sure that the program matches the exact program listed for the truck on quickserv according to its VIN# and maybe not the engine ser#. Just because a program has the same exact CPL listed in Insite.. does not mean at all that is is compatible with the rest of the vehicle. I have seen that plenty, especially so on CM2350's and X15's.

I recently had to straighten one out for Mr. hag that someone swapped the engine in the truck and did exactly that mistake.

Start by verifying that can-buss#1 is the one chosen to communicate with the vehicle, and go from there.

Next would be to ensure the right program.. one made specifically for a Pete389 of that year/model + matching engine CPL was in it. there are a whole h#ell of a lot of settings that cannot be seen in Insite.. or restored for that matter with regards to this.

just some thoughts.

I.E..>
What is the vin#.?
What is the engine ser#.?
Was the engine ever swapped out?.//.. and if so, what was the origional engine ser#?.
What is the exact make/model truck?.

those are all the things needed to ensure it has the correct program in it.. long before trying to restore the dash settings.
Vin 1XPXD49X7FD242441
ESN 79719468
Not sure on swapped, bought the truck with CC and high idle not working back in May
2015 Peterbilt 389
replyreply
Can you post a pic of all of your parameters with them all expanded?
replyreply
(09-21-2022 )SRTDiesel Wrote:  ...

Vin 1XPXD49X7FD242441
ESN 79719468
Not sure on swapped, bought the truck with CC and high idle not working back in May
2015 Peterbilt 389

pull a copy of the program out of the ecm with calterm and e-mail it to me. If I get feeling better tommorrow, maybe I can take a look and at least see if it is right for the truck or not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-22-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
(09-21-2022 )DieselKid Wrote:  Can you post a pic of all of your parameters with them all expanded?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-22-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
You'll need to right click on the header there and select expand all. If you can post that we can get the full picture of what all the parameters are set to. See blue arrow in my screenshot for reference ./uploads/202209/post_2643_1663896628_f0f05f82f6b0291e45bff4110bff6ff0.jpg
replyreply
09-23-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
I believe your clutch pedal switch and your service brake switch both need to be multiplexed to 49 cab controller primary. Your service brake switch parameter that appears above your starter lockout should also be enabled
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SRTDiesel
09-24-2022, (Subject: Stumped on no CC or Jake brake ) 
Was there a on board recorder uninstalled on this with a mess left behind with dash wiring?

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.