Chinese under bunk diesel heater
11-20-2022, (Subject: Chinese under bunk diesel heater ) 
Chinese under bunk diesel heater
Hello everyone
Is anyone using a Chinese under bunk heater?
What is your experience with it?
What is the best brand?
Thank you for your input
replyreply
RE: Chinese under bunk diesel heater
I installed one on my camper. Havent found any problems aside from the normal too much heat if its not 0 or below out. I set it up to pull fresh air from outside instead of recycle air. The controller is a pain to set up as ya gotta really read the instructions to program it and learn your celsius conversions cause it does not display F.
replyreply
(11-20-2022 )smorgan87 Wrote:  I installed one on my camper. Havent found any problems aside from the normal too much heat if its not 0 or below out. I set it up to pull fresh air from outside instead of recycle air. The controller is a pain to set up as ya gotta really read the instructions to program it and learn your celsius conversions cause it does not display F.

What brand?
replyreply
I have installed it on my camper too. Working OK.
Before installation open it to check inside the heater how wires are routed. Many people reported wires touching hot parts melted.
China heater is more powerful then D2/D4. Probably because most customers from Siberia or very cold climate areas.
Control has lot of settings C/F, WiFi, temperature. Will show battery voltage, elevation, temperature in room. Temperature settings depends on where control is placed to sense temperature and china gadgets accuracy of course. But my Webasto does the same. If wind blowing from the wall where controller is it's always too hot in sleeper. Have to adjust temperature.
All of the heaters are same labeled with different market names.
replyreply
11-21-2022, (Subject: Chinese under bunk diesel heater ) 
My buddy put one in his Volvo, no issues, bought on Amazon...

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
(11-21-2022 )Waterloo Wrote:  My buddy put one in his Volvo, no issues, bought on Amazon...
Hi Loo
replyreply
I'm from the cold north, but like my truck real warm. I'm on my 2nd one, bought first Aug 2018. It was a cheaper model than those available today. It had no display, only a single dial that clicked to 'off' past the lowest setting. It lasted 2 years. When it died I didn't even bother to diagnose the problem, I just bought another. I figure that I have spare parts now!

Oct 2020 I bought one like Snailexpress described, except the "wifi" is just an icon on the display that means it has remote control. The remote is a nice feature; I have it taped to my dash. This one's been working great, it even survived being transplanted from my old ProStar to this one. My only complaint is that the fan is starting to get noisy, but probably due to me not cleaning it.

These use a lot of power to start up, so in really cold weather I like to start mine before I shut the big engine off (that's where the remote is nice, and for when I start driving and forgot to turn it off). I think this is why these don't run like a furnace. When it gets warmer in the truck than the thermostat is set for, it doesn't turn off, it just runs at its lowest possible setting. In not too cold weather it can get very warm inside. I just open a sleeper window.

I bought my 2nd one from Amazon. I can't help you much with the brand name. I bet all those Chinese ones are made in the same factory anyways.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
11-22-2022, (Subject: Chinese under bunk diesel heater ) 
(11-21-2022 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(11-21-2022 )Waterloo Wrote:  My buddy put one in his Volvo, no issues, bought on Amazon...
Hi Loo

Hey Snail, how you doing? Long time... Been taking it easy, truck is till running great. Not a lot going on here, work is slow... Playing mechanic right now, on one of the bosses trucks. How I got talked into that I have no idea. Ha Ha!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
11-26-2022, (Subject: Chinese under bunk diesel heater ) 
This isn't completely off topic. I recently found out that the espar d2 that is attached to the thermoking evaluation can be separated from the apu by ordering a controller and doing some rewiring. Thought I would pass along the knowledge.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.