HORRIBLE fuel mileage
01-31-2023, (Subject: HORRIBLE fuel mileage ) 
RE: HORRIBLE fuel mileage
(01-26-2023 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Check your exhaust back pressure sensor reading.

Those are the exhaust numbers.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Also noticed that the ambient temperature readings are off compared to what actual ambient temperature is.It’s 5 degeees Fahrenheit outside and the sensor is showing 72.
replyreply
Here’s the ambient temperature screenshot

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(01-31-2023 )Redland1 Wrote:  Also noticed that the ambient temperature readings are off compared to what actual ambient temperature is.It’s 5 degeees Fahrenheit outside and the sensor is showing 72.

There is a high chance that the ambient temp sensor is disabled in the de-mandate program. turning it off in the program often yields a slight advantage on fuel mileage actually.

Having it disabled makes the engine use a more accurate measure of intake temps via the intake manifold temp and engine coolant temps for its offset.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
02-05-2023, (Subject: HORRIBLE fuel mileage ) 
Did a CAC and didn’t find any leaks.When I had it demandated I removed the EGR and put a block plate and I could feel it leaking at first.Cranked down on the clamp and couldn’t feel it leaking with someone accelerating the truck at 1500 rpm but I don’t know what it does down the road.What else do I need to look at? Could the tune be the cause?
replyreply
Did you pressurize the whole engine from turbo inlet to turbo outlet? That's the only way to find every possible leak.

What is the max boost it gets up to in a hard pull?

What do the EGT's get up to ?

Have you bubble tested the injectors?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(02-05-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  Did you pressurize the whole engine from turbo inlet to turbo outlet? That's the only way to find every possible leak.

What is the max boost it gets up to in a hard pull?

What do the EGT's get up to ?

Have you bubble tested the injectors?

From the first intercooler boot.
40-41.
No pyro yet.
Not yet.
replyreply
So you blocked the hot side of the turbo and pressurized from the first boot into the cac?

Did you send the program to Rawze yet? That boost is to high.

I would send the program for review, bubble test the injectors, and install a pyro and go from there.

Is the truck low on power, or excessively smoking?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
From the boot coming out of the turbo.

The tuner would need to send it.I don’t have the file and have been told that if you try to pull it from a cm870 it corrupts the file or something like that.

Doesn’t feel the same power wise but from what I can tell it’s not smoking
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.