truck shakes
09-19-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
truck shakes
so my truck shakes pretty rough when i get up towards 65 mph. does it worse when empty. ive had the kingpins done, and new tires all the way around along with 3 axle alignment. i was thinking u joints. any of my brethryn have any suggestions where i should start. thanks
replyreply
RE: truck shakes
Shocks and balance is where I would start. Then look at the bushings. Drive train usually shakes from the rear, in your seat. If it is a front, steering wheel shake then check the balance and make sure they mounted the tires properly.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply
Try depressing the clutch pedal while rolling once it begin's to shake. If it doe's, that is a sign the problem is in your drive line. When mine did this, it turned out to be the carrier bearing. And the funny thing is, an inspection was done on the carrier bearing, and it appeared to be fine. But it was the problem, as the shaking went away.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
thanks bro. thats probably it. ill test it out and get back to you
replyreply
Also, check your motor mount's.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Do you feel it in the steering wheel or in your seat?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
09-20-2016, (Subject: truck shakes ) 
(09-19-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Also, check your motor mount's.

This is often overlooked...& when it has been and is then rectified the difference is considerable

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
feelin it in my seat and its intermittent. i got it it up to wobble speed took it out of gear still shook
replyreply
What kind of truck you have? Does it wobble on passenger side?

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.