ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker
04-05-2023, (Subject: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker ) 
RE: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker
(04-05-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  The Cummins stock exhaust manifold has the outlet on one end to go into the EGR system. I have metal coolant tubes from the water pump to the rear of the engine. If I purchase the opposite end without the outlet will the bolt patterns line up with the end that had the outlet? Thanks in advance

It will fit, ... but the issue is that you would also need to cut the bung out of the old piece and weld it into the new one + drill so that the exhaust manifold pressure sensor can operate correctly again.

here is a pic of one that someone sells with the bung already in it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid71695

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ironwagons
04-05-2023, (Subject: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker ) 
(04-05-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-05-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  The Cummins stock exhaust manifold has the outlet on one end to go into the EGR system. I have metal coolant tubes from the water pump to the rear of the engine. If I purchase the opposite end without the outlet will the bolt patterns line up with the end that had the outlet? Thanks in advance

It will fit, ... but the issue is that you would also need to cut the bung out of the old piece and weld it into the new one + drill so that the exhaust manifold pressure sensor can operate correctly again.

here is a pic of one that someone sells with the bung already in it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid71695

Thanks much!
replyreply
04-13-2023, (Subject: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker ) 
I was looking for a fuel line socket to properly torque the fuel lines. Does anyone have a socket that they like that works well maneuvering around the lines? thx
replyreply
(04-13-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  I was looking for a fuel line socket to properly torque the fuel lines. Does anyone have a socket that they like that works well maneuvering around the lines? thx

It is called a crows foot...

./uploads/202304/post_2_1681393160_cedd3e7be9fdcb31ed1365fbc31bce10.png
https://amzn.to/43tY4oo

maybe that helps.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-13-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-13-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  I was looking for a fuel line socket to properly torque the fuel lines. Does anyone have a socket that they like that works well maneuvering around the lines? thx

It is called a crows foot...

https://amzn.to/43tY4oo

maybe that helps.

Yes Sir, was looking for what works best. Thanks much!
replyreply
Has anyone found or used aftermarket high pressure fuel system sealing washers for the banjo fittings? I can’t believe I got quoted over 65 dollars for 3 washers. Is this normal?
replyreply
(04-13-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  Has anyone found or used aftermarket high pressure fuel system sealing washers for the banjo fittings? I can’t believe I got quoted over 65 dollars for 3 washers. Is this normal?

I don't think any of the actual banjo fittings (a hollow bolt with flat washers on both sides of them) have to suffer the 40,000 psi pressures. I think they are all on the low pressure side of the system if I am not mistaken.

maybe a pic or 2 of the fittings you are referring to?.

replyreply

(04-13-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-13-2023 )Ironwagons Wrote:  Has anyone found or used aftermarket high pressure fuel system sealing washers for the banjo fittings? I can’t believe I got quoted over 65 dollars for 3 washers. Is this normal?

I don't think any of the actual banjo fittings (a hollow bolt with flat washers on both sides of them) have to suffer the 40,000 psi pressures. I think they are all on the low pressure side of the system if I am not mistaken.

maybe a pic or 2 of the fittings you are referring to?.

Yes, I am sure you are correct Rawze now you mentioned and I thought about it. It is the mess of lines that go through the ecm cooling plate etc prior to the high pressure pump. I put some yellow arrows to the fittings I am looking for the sealing washers from.
I was looking around and saw these attached pict…I can buy the whole damn box for the cost of 1 oem washer.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
04-14-2023, (Subject: ISX CM2250 in a Freightshaker ) 
The lines you drew arrows to are low pressure, you should be fine to use Chinese sealing washers on those.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ironwagons

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.