Isx cm871 turbo issues
04-17-2023, (Subject: Isx cm871 turbo issues ) 
RE: Isx cm871 turbo issues
(04-17-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
Turbocharger turbine seals are not like a typical o-ring. The turbine spins in excess of 100,000+ rpm's at times. a simple rubber or perfectly sealing o-ring is not possible, as it would burn up or cause the turbine shaft to get galled up. . They will leak if there is a vacuum ...

I'll check all this in the morning. Turbo bolted straight up to truck. Didn't have to clock anything like my cat turbos I get from bg. Said it was a genuine cummins holset reman. Came outta Memphis tn cummins warehouse. I'll check the mesh and crank case piping again in morning. It's straight piped, no mufflers or any restrictions from turbo to end of stacks. I've never pump a cac on this truck. I've had it about 6 months bought it from a buddy I'll check brand in morning. I got truck at my shop now. I got tired of paying for labor for them to keep throwing parts at it.
replyreply
04-17-2023, (Subject: Isx cm871 turbo issues ) 
(04-17-2023 )Doodles_mmr Wrote:  I'll check all this in the morning. Turbo bolted straight up to truck. Didn't have to clock anything like my cat turbos I get from bg. Said it was a genuine cummins holset reman. Came outta Memphis tn cummins warehouse. I'll check the mesh and crank case piping again in morning. It's straight piped, no mufflers or any restrictions from turbo to end of stacks. I've never pump a cac on this truck. I've had it about 6 months bought it from a buddy I'll check brand in morning. I got truck at my shop now. I got tired of paying for labor for them to keep throwing parts at it.

So you did NOT buy it from a local certified OEM dealersh$it or certified OEM facility?. but ordered it?. that could be a part of the problem? ... who knows. There are a whole lot of chineeseium fakes out there for the VG turbos, hard to spot, running around that are sub-par.

You should have also performed a proper turbo calibration procedure on it when installing it. Did you do this?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88
04-18-2023, (Subject: Isx cm871 turbo issues ) 
(04-17-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-17-2023 )Doodles_mmr Wrote:  I'll check all this in the morning. Turbo bolted straight up to truck. Didn't have to clock anything like my cat turbos I get from bg. Said it was a genuine cummins holset reman. Came outta Memphis tn cummins warehouse. I'll check the mesh and crank case piping again in morning. It's straight piped, no mufflers or any restrictions from turbo to end of stacks. I've never pump a cac on this truck. I've had it about 6 months bought it from a buddy I'll check brand in morning. I got truck at my shop now. I got tired of paying for labor for them to keep throwing parts at it.

So you did NOT buy it from a local certified OEM dealersh$it or certified OEM facility?. but ordered it?. that could be a part of the problem? ... who knows. There are a whole lot of chineeseium fakes out there for the VG turbos, hard to spot, running around that are sub-par.

You should have also performed a proper turbo calibration procedure on it when installing it. Did you do this?.

Turbo came from this place in Memphis. Turbochargers, Inc. So idk where they get. Way box read was genuine reman. Yes I preformed the calibration myself on the last one because they told me since it came with actuator it didn't need it done. So I thought that might have been the cause. This one started as soon as I got it home from shop.
replyreply
(04-17-2023 )Rawze Wrote:  You should have also performed a proper turbo calibration procedure on it when installing it. Did you do this?.

I’ll 100% vouch for this…. Even those cheap turbos that were rebuilt in some state of the art blah blah bull shi#t facility that nobody has ever seen that comes with those bs installation instructions that say pre calibrated just run 3 key cycles bull shi#t, these even need to be calibrated properly lol. (I don’t get to pick the parts some of my customers buy, I work for the public don’t judge me all I can do is guide them, listening is their choice). Turbos from these places, Chinese knock offs, and genuine Cummins turbos all need to be properly calibrated. I’ve tried it in the past without calibrating the right way and almost always had to go back and calibrate after the test drive. Not to mention it takes longer to hook up your laptop and pull insite up than it does to calibrate them so why shortcut it? Peace of mind goes a long long way. I see you said you calibrated yours I’m just posting this for the general population.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doodles_mmr
(04-17-2023 )Doodles_mmr Wrote:  I'd gladly send the file. I pulled it today just in case someone needed it. I'll pull imap sensor in morning and check that. All ready running maintenance free filter. Hopefully it ain got excessive blow bye. It's got about 200k on inframe. I really appreciate the information and help

Here is what i see in the file you sent me...

According to the engine ser#, it is supposed to have file AV10046 in the engine. The program you sent me is program AV10085.

Ignoring the fact that that the AV10085 program was not made for USA engines.. This program is still NOT compatible with this engine or vehicle. It will cause fuel mileage, turbo, efficiency and other problems. Here are some details...

== The CAC intake, and exhaust piping settings do not match the vehicle at all. This causes the engine efficiency, air flow, turbo, and other problems.l The fuel mileage will suffer slight to moderate losses as a result.

== The turbocharger settings do not match the actual turbo model or hardware at all. The engine brake, turbo positioning commands, and everything else will be incorrect for this engine.

== The injector data is incorrect. The program does not match the injectors in the engine at all. This causes all kinds of issues including cylinder balancing problems, incorrect fuel-air-mix, engine friction control issues, and all sorts of things that lead to shortened engine life inefficiencies.

There are other issues as well, but those are the worst of them. Using this program is a disaster, ready to destroy any engine that it was not meant for specifically, even before anyone's attempts to delete the egr, etc. from it. It should have never been placed into this engine at all!.

=================

The detele itself (ignoring the fact the program is wrong for the engine for a moment)...

== There is no engine operating mode control on this thing whatsoever. It will assume all EGR gas is present and use injection timing tables that are very harmful to the cylinders.

To add insult to injury here.. someone even added another 3+ degrees BTDC injection timing to this disaster. A CM871 ISX can barely stand about 6 BTDC at high power levels without the emissions systems on it,., and this thing is set horribly with as much as 14+BTDC in places and certainly will cause an eventual cracked piston or dropped liner.

== Little of noting with regard to the EGR valve has been dealt with properly at all. This thing will still assume all the EGR gas is present, etc. and this will screw up the combustion process greatly. Again.. this causes harm to the engine by way of excessive internal friction and eventually leads to a dropped liner.

== Most of the auxiliary (fall-back) emissions system have NOT been switched off. This is going to screw with the power/torque, fuel-air-mix, etc.etc., it will fight with the fact that there is no more egr gas, and make the engine power, etc. unstable.

== Someone has jacked with the power/torque and set it for 2050 trq and 615 HP. This is too high for a mid-tier engine and will cause injector tips to get burned / have shortened injector life. Add in all the horrible injection timing, etc.. and this is a recipe for some every ex$pensive engine and turbo failures!.

== The turbocharger has not been re-programmed for a no-emnissions engine at all. It is not set to operate the engine correctly without EGR gas etc, and will be all over the place, become unstable where it goes. This typically makes the turbocharger unstable and leads to over-spooling, damage to the turbo over and over, and all sorts of other issues as a result.

================

This program is complete engine killing trash. If you got it from someone else, I feel sorry for every engine they may have ever touched!.

Matter of fact, this program is so screwed up and bad, that it would not surprise me if some progressive damage has not already occurred. You should not even be driving it, this program is that bad.

Welcome to the bad delete club!.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

================

* The correct FACTORY CLEAN program needs to be installed back into the engine for this vehicle based on the engine ser#. That would be program AV10046. All vehicle settings (ecm template ion Insite) restored, and the clean program run for 10 minutes so that it can clean out all the bad data from the garbage it had in it before. Then copied out once again and e-mailed to me so that it can be fixed properly.
here is more detail on how this mess should be corrected...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid68742

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88 , Mrkentee , ktblogistics , arazdolgin , 2dlb
:o I kinda wanna see how this runs in person
replyreply
(04-18-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  :o I kinda wanna see how this runs in person

I know mpg went down since then. And I can't make it stay running right. But when it was running driver said it had plenty of power..... now I know why. These guys out here stealing people's money...
replyreply
(04-18-2023 )Doodles_mmr Wrote:  
(04-18-2023 )Bengy88 Wrote:  :o I kinda wanna see how this runs in person

I know mpg went down since then. And I can't make it stay running right. But when it was running driver said it had plenty of power..... now I know why. These guys out here stealing people's money...

They do appear to have plenty of power, you can get a lot more power safely with things set right…. And still get good mpgs.
replyreply
(04-18-2023 )Doodles_mmr Wrote:  ... These guys out here stealing people's money...

yes.. but even worse, is that most of the people who do this type of work simply do not know any better. In their minds,.. they are hard convinced that what they do is some-how ok, and that the ecm will magically "fix itself" with some kind of hidden internal unicorn fart dust or something.

I can almost guarantee that if you told them that the program was significantly harmful and that they needed to get some assistance on how to do this stuffs properly, so that any of their other customers do not have to suffer this fate too. They would only get mad at you and make all kinds of claims about "how many thousands of truck they do" and all sorts of cringe replies in sheer arrogance + usually curse you out for even suggesting that what they do is not up to par where it should be, or trying to help them, etc.

It comes down to the fact that it is extremely easy to shove some half-baked crap that someone poked, prodded, and cobbled together, out of sheer blind ignorance into your engine computer for a few hundreds or thousands of $$$ in exchange for 5 minutes of work.. and then move onto the next victim. Easy moneys.. and no one can sue them for destroying your $40,000 commercial engine.

Bad delete programming is an absolute plague in the trucking industry. It is the unfortunate repeating theme of horror on here, happens over and over. Some people wise up and realize the truth.. and some try to argue it away like fools... but believe me. It is very real.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Bengy88

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.