Coolant reservior tank
10-15-2016, (Subject: Coolant reservior tank ) 
Coolant reservior tank
seen some reservoir tanks online for 250 to 300 bucks. Peterbilt wants 588. Is there a difference in quality from the one sold in the dealership?
replyreply
RE: Coolant reservior tank
I just bought one from Napa for $275. I like it because its white and you can see the coolant in the tank. Good for if your oil cooler decides to spit or fuel gets into the coolant. I tried to Line X my old tank.....fail.
replyreply
Here's one you may want to look at.
https://www.4statetrucks.com/engine-part..._30082.asp

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
10-16-2016, (Subject: Coolant reservior tank ) 
(10-15-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  I just bought one from Napa for $275. I like it because its white and you can see the coolant in the tank. Good for if your oil cooler decides to spit or fuel gets into the coolant. I tried to Line X my old tank.....fail.

I have had guys over here who have used jb-weld, fuel tank repair epoxy, 2-part epoxy, and about 5 or 6 other products. None seem to work well for very long. It is damn near impossible to fix one with epoxy etc. as oil leaches out of the plastic and makes it not stick. The proper solution is to grind out the crack and re-weld it.

I have welded a few and patched them, using a heat gun to soften the area + and big soldering iron or plastic welder.

I have welded up my bumper and rad tanks, and all things plastic and it works quite well once you get the hang of it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver
I wonder if it would have worked in the joint. I would have never guessed X Liner wouldnt have worked.....but I would have tried this first.
replyreply
mine cracked on the road by the sensor.. (international prostar)
I went to home depot and got Marine Adhesive Sealant 5200 by 3M ($15). Made it home ok but it cost me nearly $600 for a new tank from International.

But on my second truck, i ordered it online. same product for about $200. I've realized that many items International sales, they just mark it up 2 or 3 times the price. especially Bendix or cummins parts.

It took me a while but I finally found a place that works with AutoMan parts and most of the time when their warehouse doesn't have the part in stock, they order it and I go pick it up from Automan directly. I've noticed every stealership truck picking up parts from them as I wait for my parts. kinda sad.
replyreply
10-17-2016, (Subject: Coolant reservior tank ) 
Just repair my a week ago. The o ring on sensor needed replacement
replyreply
03-19-2017, (Subject: Coolant reservior tank ) 
my tank cracke last week. someone was kind enuff to try and weld it after i show this video to them. holds good so far.
replyreply
03-19-2017, (Subject: Coolant reservior tank ) 
See Dorman Products, they make these tanks and other things for our trucks. Save a few hundred bucks... http://www.dormanhdsolutions.com/gsearch...reservoirs
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.