How does the oil bypass valve work?
10-18-2016, (Subject: How does the oil bypass valve work? ) 
How does the oil bypass valve work?
I am curious about the relief or bypass spring valve in the oil filter base. I see there is a update, bulletin 4908439. I tried to buy the update but they sold me the original.

I am curious how this bypass works? at a certain psi does it open and feed oil back into the cooler? what is the psi?

Any idea what the update fixed?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: How does the oil bypass valve work?
So according to this bulletin, all ISX's are affected prior to April 2015 then?
You purchased part # 4357177, and it was the old style pictured in the bulletin they say to discard? That doesn't seem right.
How much was the part?
Thanks Brock, it's only a lubricating oil related part...now I'm stressing! I need beer!

As far as how it works, from Quickserve:
Whenever the pressure drop across the lubricating oil filter exceeds 862 kPa [125 psi], the oil filter bypass valve opens and allows lubricating oil to bypass the lubricating oil filter.

This condition can occur during cold ambient (cold lubricating oil) engine start-ups.

The purpose of the bypass valve is to maintain lubricating oil flow to the engine and prevent an oil filter collapse.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
I don't know what my problem is with quickserve but I can never find anything, couldn't even search for this bulletin. i had to Google it, maybe it doesn't like my mobile browser.

Thanks hammer

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-19-2016, (Subject: How does the oil bypass valve work? ) 
(10-18-2016 )Brock Wrote:  I am curious about the relief or bypass spring valve in the oil filter base. I see there is a update, bulletin 4908439. I tried to buy the update but they sold me the original.

I am curious how this bypass works? at a certain psi does it open and feed oil back into the cooler? what is the psi?

Any idea what the update fixed?

It works like this ...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.