HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar
10-20-2016, (Subject: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar ) 
HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar
Alright guys! The HVAC front blower motor only runs when it wants, usually at low speed. I have replaced all fuses, breakers, the spiked resistor/module, everything related except for the blower motor itself... Any of you guys have this problem before? Sitting, the blower will not run. I start driving, the blower runs, but only when it wants. It will run on high for a minute or two and then shut off... Filter is fine. Took it to dealer, no codes. I was just under the dash, wiring looks good, as do connectors. Going to put old working blower motor in tomorrow, when it quits raining here and try that. Any help appreciated.
replyreply
RE: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar
It's the motor. Mine was doing that. I reached in and squeezed the rubber covers over the brushes and it came to life. Replaced it and tore old one apart to see it and it was actually the commutator copper was completely worn off except for 2 or 3 contacts.
replyreply
A while back I posted with the same issue you describe. you suggested fuses... turned out to be my motor on its last leg because weeks later it died all together.

In other news, when I got it all back together ... it wouldnt go higher then setting 3 without cutting out like it was overheating or something. Changed the fuse and it's perfect now!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
10-21-2016, (Subject: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar ) 
(10-20-2016 )Brock Wrote:  A while back I posted with the same issue you describe. you suggested fuses... turned out to be my motor on its last leg because weeks later it died all together.

In other news, when I got it all back together ... it wouldnt go higher then setting 3 without cutting out like it was overheating or something. Changed the fuse and it's perfect now!

I'm thinking motor too... Damn things don't last very long, it is only two years old.
replyreply
It was the motor, bearings were shot... $171.00 for the blower motor, just installed and now fixed.
replyreply
I'm glad you posted that message Brock. Mine cuts out when used at high speed, so I just don't run it over 1/2 speed and all is good. I was thinking eventually I might have to replace that spiky controller; replacing the breaker never crossed my mind.
replyreply
10-22-2016, (Subject: HVAC Blower motor issues. 2008 Prostar ) 
(10-21-2016 )barf Wrote:  I'm glad you posted that message Brock. Mine cuts out when used at high speed, so I just don't run it over 1/2 speed and all is good. I was thinking eventually I might have to replace that spiky controller; replacing the breaker never crossed my mind.

I bought my spikey thing from these guys... http://www.truckerac.com/blower-resistor...21021.html

I also bought the one for the bunk, the resistor, it solved the issue I was having back there.

It was half the price of what the dealer wanted, made by Behr, works and fit perfectly. He was out of blower motors until December... Or I would have bought mine there when I bought the resistor.

On the breaker, pull it and replace it with a regular 30 amp fuse. Replace fuse a couple times a year, as they tend to overheat... They are cheaper than new breakers. The ProStars are notorious for overheating this particular fuse/breaker.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
The blend door stopped working on mine. it was the output gear that cracked inside the motor controller.

so I made a new one myself using my 3d printer ...

./uploads/201610/post_2_1477147789_d0b1826b28cd8d6c00d9f75124ed8c73.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Old Driver
Even though all mine is new and works perfectly fine, I've still got a code that says hvac motor in wrong position or jammed.

also says my rear hvac actuator position not responding.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.