Cm 2250 power derate question.
10-29-2016, (Subject: Cm 2250 power derate question. ) 
RE: Cm 2250 power derate question.
I was thinking if disconnecting the battery would have helped?
replyreply
(10-29-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  I was thinking if disconnecting the battery would have helped?

No.
The ECM is not just a computer. The ECM's on modern Diesel engines are nothing less than SuperComputers. They analyze the data feedback from all of the sensors on the engine, and make thousands of calculations and decisions every MILLIsecond. A millisecond is 1/1000 of a second. Without a computer and a datalink connector, you are not going to "fool" this thing. And trying to do so will only cause you more grief. Because for every "trick" you try, it will see it in the sensor feedback and realize that the info is wrong, and make a calculation a different way to attempt to compensate for corrupted data. Sending it into just another twist down the rabbit hole of silent de-rates, or worse yet cause a miscalculation that causes the hardware part of your engine to fail...throws a damn rod out the side of the block, or through the head, take your pick.
Before you begin "playing" with things, read and learn some more so you can make educated decisions...
The system we use does not attempt to fool the ECM. It is a step by step process of telling the ECM how we want it to operate, and the parameters in which we want to operate. No matter how "good" any computer is, it is only as smart as the software it is operating. If you don't tell it how to operate the engine properly, but to over-extend the mechanical limitations of the components, it will do exactly that, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT YOU TOLD IT TO DO!!!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
If you don't have insite you should at least have this to check codes and delete them once you fix the problem, even though the code will become inactive once you fix it. You need to download Cummins fault code on app store. All you need is the adaptor to hook up to truck.

https://amzn.to/2Vb3tkU
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.