ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
02-08-2017, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
(02-08-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Well, it's been a while so I figured it was high time someone piled more crap onto the Rawze's Fault pile...

It's Rawze's fault. I have lost 30 minutes of my life that I will never get back, and I'm pissed about it!
It's Rawze's fault. I am an S60 man through and through. I miss me my S60's. Damn those were fine runnin motors. Just change the oil, and drive 'em. Did I mention how clean they burned?
Well, as noted previously in this thread, I installed a 996 Spinner II bypass filter after I shimmed my oil pump to create the oil pressure I desired and required to properly drive the centrifuge of the Spinner. And trust me, it ####ing spins. I can hear it spinning while I walk past the truck with my winter front closed, with a belly tarp on, idling at 900rpm, and it's mounted on the top drivers side rad cage support! According to Spinner's chart (at 167* is the rating, so it's faster & higher) at my oil pressure & temp, it's spinning at ~5400rpm, which is ~1.7gpm, so it's definately working.
As stated, I love me my S60's. I cleaned the centrifuge on my S60's quarterly or so. I weighed them before cleaning, and subtracted the dirty weight from the tare to keep track of how much debris the Spinner was removing from my engine that standard filtration missed. This takes a good 1/2hr to disassemble, clean, and reassemble. But the concrete compressed crap that gets built up in them is amazing, and I'm glad I know this, or I'd be really pissed. After 46,775km/29,065mi I decided to open up the centrifuge and see what had been built up inside after three months.

Rawze, YOU SUCK! I will never get that 1/2hr of my life back! And don't even get me started on the $0.10 paper liner that I wasted! Based on this goddam result, I'm predicting to have to clean this frickin centrifuge ANNUALY!!! I cleaned it quarterly or thirds at best in my S60's and had a solid 1/2" of rock hard black mass inside!
WTF???
You're makin me a believer in these friggin Red Bastards!
And don't even mention the paper liners you Rat Ba$t@rd! I bought a ####ing 50 pack! Do you have any dam idea how long that's gonna last me?

Thanks for letting me have fun with this rant... Ahem, about 270 grams!
And yes, this tune runs so cool that I run a belly tarp all winter.

when its done right and you don't put big power in, it is not uncommon to get reports back of engine wear being reduced by as much as 40%.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , LargeCar , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems - Rawze - 02-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.