ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
02-08-2017, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
(02-08-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  when its done right and you don't put big power in, it is not uncommon to get reports back of engine wear being reduced by as much as 40%.

Based on the lack of anything I found in that centrifuge, I'm nit surprised.
When I cracked it open I was stunned. In what I learned from these filters previously, the longer you let them go the better. When they start to get a nice base layer like the above picture is when they seem to be able to start "grabbing more" debris. The above was typical of what would be in the bowl when I was cleaning it every oil change on my first one. When it was suggested to let it go longer was when I found it really started to build up more and be more effective. At least now I have a baseline, so I can pull the centrifuge and weigh it in 4-5 months and if it still hasn't picked up much more weight than what this one weighed, I honestly think I'm looking at minimum annual cleaning intervals.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , LargeCar

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems - Hammerhead - 02-08-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.