ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
07-14-2019, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
Their website is horrible design. Typical garbage frontpage webdesign crap.

no product catalog, no pricing, no pictures of the system except for one stupid photo for a unit that looks like it belongs on a pick-up truck.

most the guys on here use the amsoil bypass kit,.. it works just fine and is cheap as hell comparatively.

if you go with that other system, take some pics of the install and let us know what it cost.

======

your oil change frequency should be based on your average fuel mileage, not some damn set milage interval...

(03-01-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Do the right thing,.. change your oil based on your fuel consumption instead of regular mileage intervals.

Here is what I would recommend to others based on what I have seen..

If your average fuel mileage every 10,000 miles is ...

less than 5 MG -- Change your oil every 8,000 miles or so.

5 - 6 MPG -- Change your oil every 10,000 - 12,000 miles or so.

6 - 7 MPG -- Change your oil every 12,000 - 15,000 miles or so.

7 - 8 MPG -- Change your oil every 15,000 - 18,000 miles or so.

8 - 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 18,000 - 22,000 miles or so.

above 9 MPG -- Change your oil every 22,000 - 28,000 miles or so.

These recommendations are based on more than just engine wear alone. They are based on getting the most engine life vs the cost of oil changes themselves, and the fact that soot and other deposits are going to keep building up in your engine more rapidly than you can flush them out. A bypass oil filter system can extend this, but not by the claims they are making. You would be good to get an extra 8,000 - 10,000 miles on your oil before having to change it anyways. That is my experience on it, and is what I tell others that ask about these types of systems, etc.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Edjahman , Casper , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems - Rawze - 07-14-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.