6.5 whoop whoop!
11-14-2016, (Subject: 6.5 whoop whoop! ) 
RE: 6.5 whoop whoop!
These numbers seem way higher than any truck engine makes ,am I missing something?
replyreply
(11-14-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  These numbers seem way higher than any truck engine makes ,am I missing something?

I'm going to guess that the final power number will be measured in Watts. So power required at 70 mph will be 171.5 KW or 200 ish HP.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
(11-14-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  These numbers seem way higher than any truck engine makes ,am I missing something?
Numbers are not a horse power. Just to simply let you see how it related speed/drag/power.
But If you drive 50 mph and it require to use 200 hp to drive same truck at 70mph engine should blew out 547hp. With same load, same road, same tires.
replyreply
Every trucker forum out there has this same argument.

Bla bla bla A. guy says going faster gets him an extra load for the week. bla bla guy B says slowing down makes you more money and you don't need the extra load,..and you still make more,.. and bla bla bla they argue like 2 horses off to the race. (TTR and DG are forums where this argument happens almost daily).

The outcome every time.,.. only leads to one thing.

Those who keep after their equipment nicely so it stays moving steady, don't beat it up by going fast, are driving 60~63 kinda slow, and non-stop, always make a very decent long term profit. I don't see any of them complaining about being desperate, broke, and hate what they do...

Nope, those are the guys who are using that wheel that has already been invented, and it works just fine for them. No rocket-science math formulas to tell you that they know what they are doing, because they are simply making money they can keep and have 1/4 the stress all the other guys do.

EVERYONE ELSE: -- I love those guys. --- They are the ones hell bent on arguing to their last dying breath some excuse why they, in particular,.. cannot be a grandpa driver. They say time and loads are money and they get paid better and more for "getting it there and moving on to the next load, etc..." -- More power is always on their mind,.. more more more,.. because what they got can always be made more profitable by getting there faster, or by using more power and speed... Funny thing is,... MORE THAN 85% OF THOSE GUYS NEVER MAKE A LONG TERM PROFIT AND HAVE TO FINANCE THEIR WAY OUT OF THAT PAPER BAG!@ JUST TO KEEP GOING!. -- They are always claiming they are making it,.. but never have anything much to show for it long term.

you want to know why i love those guys so much ... ??/

Because if too many people figure out how to actually make better profits and become better long term drivers by slowing down and maintaining their equipment better,.. then all us guys milking the system would have someone else to compete against, and we would no longer be 3 laps ahead of them in profits. This means the rates in the industry would get so low, that even doing what we do would not be profitable any more. I praise those kind of drivers (85% of all truck drivers) because it is THEM that make the national avg. fuel surcharge what it is,,.. not the guys who actually make what they do efficient. It simply makes me more profit, the more drivers go down the roads faster and/or clueless.

Lastly,...

I also love those kind of people because they announce boldly, through all their excuses and anti-grandpa complaints,... how big of an ego they have and how they would rather have some foreign oil company make more money than them at the end of each load they haul... Because THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE SO PROUD OF DOING!<>>! Making the oil companies richer and ensuring their global dominance over what we do.

Just think how much of a panic those f##kers would be in if every truck in America went 55 mph for 1 day solid. The billions of gallons in only ONE DAY of effeciency would send them reeling and fuel prices would fall down to 1950's standards within a week.

Boy wouldn't that scare them eh?

=== now,.. For me --- I am proud to be a grandpa driver,... F##k the oil companies,.. that is my #1 protest to them,.. And everyone else hell bent on squandering away their over-priced product(fuel) like it means nothing and then blaming the rest of everything else why they have nothing for all that extra hard driving, stress, and everything else that comes along with that kind of attitude and truck torture.

For the new guys looking for advice on how to own and operate truck,.. STOP LISTENING to those who are not very profitable in what they do. STOP listeneing to those guys who brag about going 70 mph and running lots of miles like a bat out of hell. Listen to people who actually know how to squeeze money out of what they do by being "grandpa drivers". I am a good example of this,. and a fine one at that...

,.. I say all this and I run crap, bottom dollar dry-van freight for the cheapest paying bastards in the industry,--- the mega-carriers, fedx, ups, cnway, estes, etc.etc.etc. those big guys ain't going to pay a dime extra for what we do,.. and I grind out of those pennies,.. enough to accomplish in less than a million miles ...

* Re-gain the $88k I had purchased my truck with (got it brand new for that) in the first 1.4 years of owning it. After that, I focused all efforts on paying off the house...

* Pay off the remaining $76k owed on my house that had 7% interest on it completely using profits from my truck made over in the next 4 years.

* Inframe my engine (another $12+k in total parts) when it hit 955,000 miles without financing it at all.

* Buy the neighbors property $50k without financing it at all this year.

* Pay a LOT in medical bills ($34k cash out of my bank account directly) to have my wife's sudden attack of a super-aggressive cancer cut out of her chest this year that seemed to come form nowhere. It struck us with no warning whatsoever, and I am DAMN glad we had the money to cover it.

* Spend $763.00 a month Internet bill for this forum out of my own pocket so that I can voice my strong opinions and story with the continued hope that it helps others out there.

* help out countless people for free by giving advice, lending a hand whenever possible, helping etc. when I can.

--- the list goes on and on. I don't say this stuff to brag,.. I say it to make a clear point. That point is that it CAN BE PROFITABLE to own a truck in todays market and you CAN make it work very well. It can be done, but it will not happen without some serious discipline, good driving habits, and a decent long term business plan.

I would say that is pretty decent for ONE SINGLE TRUCK to accomplish all by itself in the most competitive corner for what we do (low rent dry/reefer freight). In the past 5 years of my somewhat inexperienced trucking career, I now have a house, a truck, a healthy family, some investment property, the ability to help others, and I did not have to kill myself or work myself or my truck to death for any of it. - I MADE IT WORK! and it is repeatable by anyone who dares knuckle down and do so too.

My truck makes a weird sound when it goes 57 - 60 mph,.... you can hear it under the hood,.. it sounds like cha-ching--cha-ching,.. cha-ching,... gets a tiny bit louder right at about the 54-55 mph range. But, you speed up to 63+ or faster,.. it goes away,... and it gets quiet again,...

I like that sound way too much, and it scares me any time that sound goes away. That sound is the money churning out of my truck and into my bank account. and whenever that sound lessens or starts to go away, like when my fuel mileage drops BELOW 8 MPG, I PANIC, find out what is wrong and FIX IT!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT
11-15-2016, (Subject: 6.5 whoop whoop! ) 
6.7 on the dash today and when I hand calc it seems spot on. This is just over 2000 miles since I've reset trip. Although I am hauling less than 15k in reefer. And idle is 20%.
replyreply
11-16-2016, (Subject: 6.5 whoop whoop! ) 
(11-15-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  6.7 on the dash today and when I hand calc it seems spot on. This is just over 2000 miles since I've reset trip. Although I am hauling less than 15k in reefer. And idle is 20%.

Trty to run 63-ish for a week. If you got a boost gauge, drive by it and don't let it go above 20-lbs max or so -- ever. If no boost gauge, . I feel sorry for you and whoever owns that truck. You are driving blind.

15k in a reefer, at 63~ish -- should be breaking 7.5+ mpg at least unless it is a square nose or a volvo.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I had 16000lbs in the box round trip IL-NY-IL, drove 60mph, 9.1mpg.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
(11-16-2016 )simon999 Wrote:  I had 16000lbs in the box round trip IL-NY-IL, drove 60mph, 9.1mpg.

Thanks for telling me Simon now I do not feel special anymore. And now I envy you.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SuperTrucker
(11-16-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-15-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  6.7 on the dash today and when I hand calc it seems spot on. This is just over 2000 miles since I've reset trip. Although I am hauling less than 15k in reefer. And idle is 20%.

Trty to run 63-ish for a week. If you got a boost gauge, drive by it and don't let it go above 20-lbs max or so -- ever. If no boost gauge, . I feel sorry for you and whoever owns that truck. You are driving blind.

15k in a reefer, at 63~ish -- should be breaking 7.5+ mpg at least unless it is a square nose or a volvo.

This T700 has all the gauges and boost almost always shows 0 while driving 57,62 mph. But I think the gauge is lying. When I had my scan gauge in this truck it said boost was near 7 pounds higher boost than gauge. Which is more accurate I'm not sure.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.