Is the isx king of fuel sipping??
11-16-2016, (Subject: Is the isx king of fuel sipping?? ) 
Is the isx king of fuel sipping??
I am thinking any engine of the same era could be equal to the hyper mile trophy or at least tie? Especially if driven by Rawze. Just a theory I've been pondering.
replyreply
RE: Is the isx king of fuel sipping??
(11-16-2016 )Jarhead79 Wrote:  I am thinking any engine of the same era could be equal to the hyper mile trophy or at least tie? Especially if driven by Rawze. Just a theory I've been pondering.

The only advantage an ISX has over other engines,.. is the fact you can completely customize how it runs, and mod it for better reliability... so YES,.. it kicks the teeth out of everything else out there if you MM it and custom/fine tune every ounce of it for efficiency. It will make any other engine look bad in the end when done right.

Other than that,.. there is nothing special about them whatsoever. they aren't that impressive from the factory.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I think the biggest advantage in favor of Cummins is insite. Being able to monitor what's going on with your truck and make changes as you see fit. Look at the MX-13 for example. Their software costs over $4k and just allows you to read and clear codes, you can't change much of anything and it certainly won't walk you through fixing things. The Volvo engines are no better, not user friendly at all. Even the almighty Cat engines have just multi thousand dollar scan tools. Insite is unique.
replyreply
(11-16-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  I think the biggest advantage in favor of Cummins is insite. Being able to monitor what's going on with your truck and make changes as you see fit. Look at the MX-13 for example. Their software costs over $4k and just allows you to read and clear codes, you can't change much of anything and it certainly won't walk you through fixing things. The Volvo engines are no better, not user friendly at all. Even the almighty Cat engines have just multi thousand dollar scan tools. Insite is unique.
I would add cummins quickserve resource is the great plus compare to any others brands.
replyreply
If with the X15 they're able to stop the fuel pumps grenading the engine, the liners sinking in the counter bores, the rings burning massive oil and keep the connecting rods inside the motor, then they'll have the best engine in production.
replyreply
(11-16-2016 )Texasdude74 Wrote:  I think the biggest advantage in favor of Cummins is insite. Being able to monitor what's going on with your truck and make changes as you see fit. Look at the MX-13 for example. Their software costs over $4k and just allows you to read and clear codes, you can't change much of anything and it certainly won't walk you through fixing things. The Volvo engines are no better, not user friendly at all. Even the almighty Cat engines have just multi thousand dollar scan tools. Insite is unique.

Ever heard of CAT Electronic Technician? Just as powerful as INSITE and can be obtained through similar channels.
replyreply
(11-16-2016 )389driver Wrote:  

Ever heard of CAT Electronic Technician? Just as powerful as INSITE and can be obtained through similar channels.

No, I hadn't until now. I'll have to look into it. I've only seen the scan tools. Thanks for the info.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.